Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Cutler Go!

Go Cutler Go!

The offensive unit that enjoyed the most success in the "move-the-ball" drills was once again the Jay Cutler-led third-team offense, which marched to a touchdown against the No. 3 defense. The drive opened with what first appeared to be a 70-yard swing pass touchdown from Cutler to Brandon Miree, but the play was brought back to the offense's 37-yard-line for a 7-yard gain. (From this reporter's eyes, Miree's foot appeared to hit the sideline at around that spot.) That didn't faze the offense, which would convert four consecutive third downs. Cedric Cobbs converted two via a 4-yard third-and-1 run and a 10-yard catch-and-run on third-and-10. The others came via offsides and pass-interference penalties. Mike Bell concluded the march -- and the entire practice itself -- with a 1-yard plunge.

I like that

"The offensive unit that enjoyed the most success in the "move-the-ball" drills was once again the Jay Cutler-led third-team offense, which marched to a touchdown against the No. 3 defense"
    Last edited by cutlerfan; 07-31-2006 at 06:08 PM.

He was a large reason that it worked. Made good decisions and he is thinking less and less and just playing, though I gotta say they let him have a freebie when Partick Chukwurah tagged him just before he threw the ball on a rollout. Should have been a sack.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    The offensive unit that enjoyed the most success in the "move-the-ball" drills was once again the Jay Cutler-led third-team offense, which marched to a touchdown against the No. 3 defense. The drive opened with what first appeared to be a 70-yard swing pass touchdown from Cutler to Brandon Miree, but the play was brought back to the offense's 37-yard-line for a 7-yard gain. (From this reporter's eyes, Miree's foot appeared to hit the sideline at around that spot.) That didn't faze the offense, which would convert four consecutive third downs. Cedric Cobbs converted two via a 4-yard third-and-1 run and a 10-yard catch-and-run on third-and-10. The others came via offsides and pass-interference penalties. Mike Bell concluded the march -- and the entire practice itself -- with a 1-yard plunge.

I like that

"The offensive unit that enjoyed the most success in the "move-the-ball" drills was once again the Jay Cutler-led third-team offense, which marched to a touchdown against the No. 3 defense"
    I read this and even thought about posting it but I didn't I figured it would draw flack. Anyway, its encouraging because it showing that Cutler is picking up the offense. So nay sayer are going to chime in "well its against the thrid string defense" which is true. But nevertheless Jay is making progress and that's a good for the team.

Disclaimer: The above comments in no way shape or form advocate Cutler starting by week three of the season. Sorry Mntman I just don't see it happening.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Did Cobbs look any better today?
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Did Cobbs look any better today?
    Sort of. He was the best at picking up some blitzes. You know who looked better? Tatum Bell. He made some decent cutbacks, and was running well until he coughed up the ball at the goalline.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

From the Orange Mane reports:

NOT TOO HOT

Cobbs - He fumbled a couple times (Tatum did once too). He still hasnt shown anything out there.
    DARRENT WILLIAMS
    1982-2007

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Shortly it will be Cutler running touchdown drives with the 2nd team. I don't think there's much doubt about that anymore.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    Shortly it will be Cutler running touchdown drives with the 2nd team. I don't think there's much doubt about that anymore.

Your probably right...especially since he has had ONE good drive....

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle

Did he do the samething yesterday as well?

Thanks Snk16

NO, actually that was #2 today. If your trying to compare Bradlee Van Pelt to Jay Cutler...there is really none. Except they both try and work hard. One just has the tools and the other one doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    The real good news is that if he can move the ball against our third-string defense, he's already ready to play against the Raiders!
    Lol. But don't tell WTM he'll get upset.

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore
    He was a large reason that it worked. Made good decisions and he is thinking less and less and just playing, though I gotta say they let him have a freebie when Partick Chukwurah tagged him just before he threw the ball on a rollout. Should have been a sack.

I like what Jay said yesterday.

"In 11-on-11, I was able to just drop back, have some fun and play football," Cutler said

When he gets the system he is going to shine.

Kaylore - If you are at camp I would love to hear your perspective.

I am being nice but Jay has had two TD drives in two days. That is good.

Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    NO, actually that was #2 today. If your trying to compare Bradlee Van Pelt to Jay Cutler...there is really none. Except they both try and work hard. One just has the tools and the other one doesn't.

Who did that??

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore
    --- Good thing that they are playing tag !

--- I would hate for Chucky to sack Jay ---

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.