Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Go Cutler Go!

Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    If he were so inclined, he could do a search and come up with a number of posters who've said this. I remember seeing quite a lot of that kind of talk after the draft.

Ok but honestly SM I haven't anyone make that comparison.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    Ok but honestly SM I haven't anyone make that comparison.
    There have been comparisons about some of his attributes.

The draft talk was that he had an arm like Favre and the mobility of an Elway.

However, no one has made a comment like JRs.

V- check out the new sig -V
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    There have been comparisons about some of his attributes.

The draft talk was that he had an arm like Favre and the mobility of an Elway.

However, no one has made a comment like JRs.

V- check out the new sig -V
    Yes I remember that but imo that's still not exactly the same thing.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 08-01-2006 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon
    I agree. Cutler shouldn't be #1 yet. But it does seem more and more likely that he's fit for the #2 job already.

Although, since I will defend Jake's starting job because we're only 5 days into camp, I guess I should give BVP the same benefit of the doubt. Realistically, Shanny should probably wait until after the first preseason game before making any switch. Both Van Pelt and Cutler should see a lot of playing time that game and we can compare them better against defenses that actually want to inflict some bruises.

(The main difference being that I've never really been happy with BVP as our backup.)
    I cant wait to see them play. I agree that we will continue to see Jay with the 3rd team until he is evaluated in real game action. I feel that he will continue to improve, if he does, he will easily start the season backing Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon
    I agree. Cutler shouldn't be #1 yet. But it does seem more and more likely that he's fit for the #2 job already.

Although, since I will defend Jake's starting job because we're only 5 days into camp, I guess I should give BVP the same benefit of the doubt. Realistically, Shanny should probably wait until after the first preseason game before making any switch. Both Van Pelt and Cutler should see a lot of playing time that game and we can compare them better against defenses that actually want to inflict some bruises.

(The main difference being that I've never really been happy with BVP as our backup.)
    I remember not to long ago Jared had mentioned something to this effect. He said something to the effect he could see Cutler moving up to the #2 slot by at some point in the season. If keeps making progress like this he could very easily be the number two by the end of preseason.

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    No one is condemning those that are not. Cutler has worked against a mixture of first and second team defense and handled himself quite well. It the pic on the front page is the one talked about that Walker went up and got that Jay supposedly should never have thrown take a close look at it. You will see many of those during his career. Notice the position of the db-back to the ball and short. Jay eats that type of thing up, and is quick to notice and not afraid to toss the ball where only the receiver can go up and get it.
    Now perhaps this has been commented on already but I read them in order so bear with me.

If he continues to do this ion the NFL, the real DB's will most likely make him pay for it. They do it to Farve and did it to Elway, Marino and many other NFL QB's. This is not college any longer.

Now perhaps he can do stuff that mere mortals can't. But he would be the first to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    I think most of us 'dream' that Cutler will become a franchise QB. However, a lot of us realize that they don't come around that often and that it is by no means a given that he will beome one. However, there is no harm in hoping for the best.
    I agree but still will wait till he has played against real DB's and against a real DC that can take any QB apart.

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    Now perhaps this has been commented on already but I read them in order so bear with me.

If he continues to do this ion the NFL, the real DB's will most likely make him pay for it. They do it to Farve and did it to Elway, Marino and many other NFL QB's. This is not college any longer.

Now perhaps he can do stuff that mere mortals can't. But he would be the first to do so.
    I know this wasn't what you intended but it sure sounded like you just stated how Cutler wouldn't want to be as bad as the likes of Farve, Elway and Marino.

That sure would suck.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ

Besides being sarcastic do you have a point?

Qbs like Farve, Elway and Marino could get away doing things that most qbs couldn't. I would suppose if Jay can do the same kind of thing that would put him in pretty good company. Again JR no one is saying he's super human.

I maybe wrong about this and I hope I am, but I have a hunch that any mistake Jay makes will end being 1000 times worse than any mistake that Jake will make.

Thanks Snk16

I honestly want to see Jay play. Yep. I really do. In week 14, 15, or 16 after we locked up the first round bye and are resting starters.