Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    Considering Bell has never shown himself to be fumble-prone in real games, I wouldn't get too worried about a couple fumbles in training camp.
    Exactly.

I love the camp reports as much as everyone else, but they aren't the be all end all. For example, Dayne looked like crap last year too, but once he got some game action he produced and looked pretty good doing so.

good post,

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    That not a called a fumble its called a pass deflection.

Javon Walker, Rod Smith and Ben Hamilton sat out practice. Walker was held out simply to give him a chance to rest after going through the first six days; Shanahan said there were no injury concerns with the five-year veteran. "We've been working the heck out of him," Shanahan said. Smith is day-to-day with a hamstring injury, while Hamilton wore a wrap around his knee but took in the entire practice as a spectator. Chris Myers took over as first-team left guard in his place.
    Courtney Brown also sat out the morning practice; John Engleberger manned his slot on the first team.
    An NFL officiating crew, led by referee Walt Anderson, observed and threw flags at the Thursday morning practice. They will remain at Dove Valley through Saturday. Anderson discussed some of the rules changes and points of emphasis for the coming year; we'll have a full story on those tweaks tonight.
    The afore-mentioned Bell ripped off a 64-yard touchdown run during "move-the-ball" drills Thursday morning. Playing on the second team against the No. 1 defense, he took a handoff from Bradlee Van Pelt and countered his way into the open field, veering left as the line moved right. He outran the charge of safety Nick Ferguson and wasn't caught until former college teammate Darrent Williams dragged him down at the goal line, but it was too late to prevent the score.
    Bell was also a part of a turnover, though, as a short pass from Jake Plummer skipped off his hands and into Al Wilson's; the All-Pro linebacker had nothing in front of him but open field and an easy score.

FYI Dayne has been having his problems holding onto the ball and from what I have seen or not seen not very receiver.

if u watched the highlights u can see that TBell and Cobbs got all the carries today. Most likley they were evaluating Dayne and MBell blocking, b/c you see them in on passing plays. Tommorow it'll be the opposite. you'll hear about MBell and dayne carring the ball.
    [IMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7596/greatdayne1re.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8265/train27fk.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1498/daynetraynesig20ho.jpg[/IMG]big ups to snk16.

Quote Originally Posted by DAYNETRAYNE
    if u watched the highlights u can see that TBell and Cobbs got all the carries today. Most likley they were evaluating Dayne and MBell blocking, b/c you see them in on passing plays. Tommorow it'll be the opposite. you'll hear about MBell and dayne carring the ball.
    Perhaps you didn't see Dayne in the highlights because he didn't have any; it isn't typical to feature mediocre or bad plays in those video clips. It's interesting how things can be interpreted to reflect what a person wants to believe.

I just read this little snippet from SoCalBronco from the afternoon practice:
    I am sorry Hogan but Ron is struggling. He continues to run into the back of linemen. I think a big problem with him is that his change of direction isnt that good and as Khan has remarked a few times, his feet are a problem too. He is doing an okay job picking up the blitz though and he did have a couple decent carries. If he had some more burst, he would be more of a serious contender in this competition.
    Now these people aren't coaches but they are seeing more than just highlights. They also see all the bad plays that aren't worthy of adding to a highlight reel.

Anyway, I'm not going to place too much importance on Dayne's overall disappointing training camp performance so far. Some players can pick it up in games. We'll just have to see how things go.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by CB Bronco Fan
    You are dead on. This guy loves the broncos so we ought of give him every chance to produce. Knowing that he loves the broncos so much means he more than likely wont turn out to be like TO or Trevor Pryce or even Ashley Lelie. Let him produce this year by starting him if he is doing better than everyone else. For all we know, he could be ROTY. Wouldnt that be a slap in the face for the people who didnt take him in the draft.
    I'm not saying he should be the starter based on what he's done so far, but I am saying that if you're gonna root for any of our RBs, it should be Mike Bell. Hell, people who didn't like the Rams is Warner's rookie season loved the guy because he was working at a grocery store one minute, and the next he was winning a SB. Whether or not you like Mike Bell, you gotta love his story.

Exposed'em!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daynewillreign
    and its that " orange main " site that created that virus,,,,,,however tatum had a great 64 yd td run it was 2nd team offense against the 1 st team defense
    great play tatum,but hold on to the ball !
    makes you wonder. Does dancing in the backfeild and running into his own blockers really sound like Dayne. .........i knew those guys were throwin halfway Bogus articles. There mainly fans that know somebody that can get them a glimpse of the action. Some of its true, but the rest is just phony.

I'll keep my other sources. Thank you.
    My adopt-a-bronco is.......Ron Dayne

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/qrox/thRon_Dayne.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/qrox/thHeisman.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Heisman 99'
    makes you wonder. Does dancing in the backfeild and running into his own blockers really sound like Dayne. .........i knew those guys were throwin halfway Bogus articles. There mainly fans that know somebody that can get them a glimpse of the action. Some of its true, but the rest is just phony.

And if they were raving about Dayne, you and the other Dayne fans would be all over those reports as proof that Dayne is for real.

Selective screening. Whatever. We'll all start to see for ourselves in about a week. I hope they all do great.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Considering Dayne couldn't crack the lineup with NY, yea it does sound like him.

These 3 guys have all come to the consensous that Dayne just isn't showing himself to be the dominant back you want him to be. They all talk about his lack of burst, lack of power and slow feet.

If it were one guy, fine, but all 3 drew the same conclusions.

Honestly, right now, I'm just happy that the 2 Bells are showing their stuff, that means we will have a running game regardless of whether or not Dayne can back up your talk.

It takes a lot of nerve to state that they are 'throwin halfway bonus articles' and that much of what they write is 'phony'.

You are making yourself look real bad right now, and you might want to consider that.

Also, if you haven't already done so, you might want to read ALL of there reports on ALL of the players they report on. Every day, the reports are different. One day they report Plummer has a good day, the next he didn't. The same with Scheffler, the Bells, Dayne, etc. If you read ALL of their posts on ALL of the players they are talking about, it is clear that they aren't playing favorites.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

i dont care.untill its announced then we'll talk. But show me a running back that hasnt come into denver and hasnt impressed the coach(es). Remebmer who was the most impressive one in last year's camp
    Let me take a moment to think upon that. Last year the most impressive person in training camp was Mike Anderson coming back from a season ending injury. He also blew it up in training camp having the most yards amongst our 3 running backs at the time. Tatum Bell had the 2nd best training camp and was #2 on the depth chart going into the preseason and remained there amassing the 2nd most yards amongst our backs.

In last place during training camp was Ron Dayne who played against 3rd stringers and came up with the fewest yards amongst our top 3 running backs. So if this years training camp is any kind of indicator like last years was then Ron Dayne is in trouble.

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Or maybe Ron Dayne just isn't doing anything in camp to warrant being on the highlight reels. While the Bell's (Mike&Tatum) are making the most of their carries and making plays like your supposed to. Sometimes the most logical answer is actually the hardest one to chose for some people .

A person reported in another thread that just so happens to be about running backs that once again Ron Dayne had a lackluster day in camp. Showing the same indecisive signs he has been thus far in training camp here's a copy in paste so you can read it yourself.

Originally posted by "broncos4ever" in the "8/3 Camp Report from Orangemane" thread.

Actually I was also at both camps today, morning and afternoon.

Tatum actually was playing half with the second team and half with the first team. On many of the goal line drills in the middle of the field he was on first team and he pushed the pile very effectively. (They were in the middle of the field because in the last two days they have tore up the endzone area pretty affectively, so they blocked out some of the 40-40 area to have "red zone" plays and the referee's put their hand up if a touchdown was scored.

Dayne for the most part ran with the first team but did not have a great day today. He seemed a step or two slow because the defense on most plays tagged him most of the time in the backfield and he did not even get to the line of scrimmage in a lot of plays.

My prediction is that Mike Bell will be the third running back. He has a very quick burst coming out of a cut. It seems that he gets to full speed within 3 steps. He is very quick when running.

Tony S. is still having an impressive camp. Catches many different types of passes from different QB's. I saw three plays in a row that they went to Tony S. with different looks and he made all the catches.

Duane Carswell looks really good and is doing a good job on his blocking assignments.

Brandon Marshall actually dropped a pass today. By the most part he has been really consistent in his ability to catch the ball.

Nick Ferguson employed the crowd to Cheer for the defense this afternoon, but very few of us did because the offense is much more fun to cheer for.

The autograph line has new rules... You have to stay in the autograph line and not go to the practice. You cannot save spots for anyone. If you leave the auto graph line you lose your place in line. My 10 year old son chose the autograph line today and I chose the practice. George Foster and John Lynch signed today.

Here are some other tidbits, in the morning you stand in a line to get to the field and you could line up all the way out to the store. In the afternoon one just crowds as close to the spot where they open the ropes for the fan. Also if you are first in line, you will probably won't get a real good view from the hill bacause you are ushered all the way up front and moved along by the Customer Service people that they have there. It is better to be in the middle so you can get as close to the VIP section as possible. (The VIP section is on the 50 yard line, consisting of one 45 yard line to the other with the section roped off.)
    In fact the worst job of training camp would be the Customer Service Person that has to continually tell people to move if they do not have a VIP sticker.

Some of the best close up photgraphs can be taken when the Broncos are doing exercises. They are not action shots but many, individual standing shots and then other pictures of training camp in general.

Second year we have had free Coldstone icecream in the morning sessisions.

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Bell is the better back and proved more last season. I do not see all the infatuation with Dayne. I do not get it. It is just me.

Remember if Dayne does start I will root for him as I want what is best for Denver. I feel Bell is it. Just my humble opinon.

Tatum Bell

I cant get over that Miami game when Bell couldnt smell the endzone

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
    I cant get over that Miami game when Bell couldnt smell the endzone
    Based on the number of carries, TB smelled the endzone about as much as Anderson.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    Considering Bell has never shown himself to be fumble-prone in real games, I wouldn't get too worried about a couple fumbles in training camp.

The news concerned me because living in Oklahoma, I saw Tatum play a lot. And while he has done exceptionally well in the pros, he was a fumbling fool in college. Maybe not so much in quantity but at the worst possible times. That being said Griffin RARELY EVER fumbled in college...who knows. Better for all the backs to get it out of their system now.

Quote Originally Posted by smilin assasin
    The news concerned me because living in Oklahoma, I saw Tatum play a lot. And while he has done exceptionally well in the pros, he was a fumbling fool in college. Maybe not so much in quantity but at the worst possible times. That being said Griffin RARELY EVER fumbled in college...who knows. Better for all the backs to get it out of their system now.
    Portis had the same reputation coming out of college. He supposedly fumbled in bunches. His first year in the pros, he had a couple rough games, but then settled down.