Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 76
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Mile High
    Posts
    6,874

    No

    Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    Courtesy of SoCalBronco from the Mane...

    QUARTERBACKS

    Shaky. All of them. Jake connected early with Kircus but lead him in a way that could have gotten him nailed. He later completed a throw to Clark, but it was behind him. Jake had some good connections with Scheffler in the red zone drills though. He put one up on the sideline near the goal and Scheffler came down with it over Champ. Jake did have two interceptions today, one by Fox who stepped in front of the reciever on a slant and another by Al. Jake also put too much on it on a deep ball to Watts.

    Cutler made some plays but also had his share of struggles. The pass rush early on forced him into a bad throw. He led Alexander on a deep ball a little too much too. Khan had a great observation on Jay. When he throws to sideline routes on outs and comebacks to his left, they seem to be a little off, but when these routes are thrown to the right, they are spot on, so that is something he has to work on a little bit. He did throw some sweet balls though on slants. He had another real nice dart as he usually has a few times a day but it was dropped by Terrell. Overall, he was up and down though.

    BVP was BVP. Inconsistent, but not horrible.

    RUNNING BACKS

    In the beginning of practice, they worked on runs vs. 8 man fronts and predictably all the backs generally struggled to find any room to run, although Cobbs had a few decent plays, which was surprising given his struggles. Against the 7 man fronts, what has been happening in camp the rest of time held up today too: The Bells are clearly ahead of everyone else. Tatum contineud to find creases and Mike Bell continues to hit the hole hard and can cut real quick. Khan and I were talking about him a little and he noted that Mike Bell is kind of a combination of MA and Tatum. He's got that speed and acceleration but he can also play the physical game and read whats going on. Tatum had the best run in practice. In the last third of the practice, he made a sweet cutback and just totally exploded through the line down the field. He was never touched at any point. He's still not as consistent as Mike Bell on a carry to carry basis, but he is playing well out there. I noticed Mike Bell block Corey Jackson on a pass play and held up his ground pretty well.

    WIDE RECIEVERS AND TIGHT ENDS

    Marshall had an up and down day. He made a couple mental mistakes in terms of lining up in one place until he was told to go in motion to another place and he was chewed out by Shanny for dropping a ball on a square out from the slot when he turned his head around for the ball late. He did have some good catches today though. He caught several drags. They gave Walker the morning off and ofcourse Rod is out with his minor hammy thing. I thought Terrell was consistent (but for one drop) as was Clark. Darius helped himself out today with a nice endzone grab on a throw from BVP beating Curome Cox. He also had a CB beat on a deep ball that Jake overthrew.

    Scheffler returned to full beast form today. He made a bunch of receptions and some of them down the field too. He had that nice sideline catch beating Champ. He beat Lynch on a corner route and hauled it in, got some props for that. None of the other TEs really did much. Nate Jackson is hurt again with some kind of injury.

    OFFENSIVE LINE

    Again, I know this sounds repetitive but the OL did a good job in the run game, but had some issues pass protecting. Foster continues to disappoint me. He got owned by Lang a couple times. Lepsis got beat only once though that I saw and that was by Corey Jackson. Chris Myers sort of got confused on a twist. Kuper has been getting some love lately but on a stunt, Ekuban got by him and Kuper was later beat by someone else. Meadows was not impressive in pass protection either. Now I'll give him a break on that since he has just gotten back into the grove of things, but Engelberger beat him early in practice (John was real good today for the first time in camp).

    DEFENSIVE LINE

    Yep, Roh, they are getting some decent pass rush. John Engelberger had an outstanding day. He started the day well shedding a lineman to get to the back. He later beat Meadows in pass rushing. He teamed with Ian later to get a would be sack. I thought he played really well today. The DL did well stopping the run in 8 man fronts but still struggled against the run in 7 man fronts. It may be because Coyer is now lessening their responsibilities against the run a little, though. But they are definitely having some issues against the run. Dumervil batted down a Jake pass and again had a would be sack. Corey Jackson is doing okay too in pass rush as he has the last few days. Didnt see alot of pass rushing from Warren but he helped to stuff a couple of run plays. Lang was very good.

    LINEBACKERS

    The starters did a good job again. Big Al had an interception. Ian had a nice hit on someone and played good. DJ had a TFL early on against Dayne, as did Nate Webster. Nate had a real nice blowup in the backfield. Did not notice Hollowell today. Vaughn got exposed a little against Scheffler.

    SECONDARY

    Fox was the best player on the field today, arguably. It was good to see him comeback from a poor day yesterday. He was dominant in the red zone drills especially. He went up against the much bigger Marshall on a fade and broke it up in the back of the endzone. Shortly thereafter, he broke up another endzone fade, this time to Watts. And, as mentioned earlier, he picked off a Jake throw on a slant. D-Will was okay. I didn't watch Paymah alot, but Med said he is getting better. Tyler Everett, the rookie from Ohio State had a nice day against the run. He helped to blow up a few runs when he was the extra man in the box in the 8 man fronts vs. the run. Shoate is getting better, he may be moving up the charts a little.He is definitely ahead of Willie and might be pushing Paymah. He deflected a ball away from Clark. Sam Brandon remains out with injury.
    I disagree with the RB statement that Tatum Bell is 'clearly' ahead of the other RB's....Dayne continues to run more reps with the first team than any of the other backs, and it is always Tatum spelling him as the starter rather than the other way around. If they were to play today, Dayne would be the starter, not T Bell.

    Also, no mention of one of the most impressive players in Camp so far, WR David Kircus, who Bill Williamson mentioned in today's D Post.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    I disagree with the RB statement that Tatum Bell is 'clearly' ahead of the other RB's....Dayne continues to run more reps with the first team than any of the other backs, and it is always Tatum spelling him as the starter rather than the other way around. If they were to play today, Dayne would be the starter, not T Bell.

    Also, no mention of one of the most impressive players in Camp so far, WR David Kircus, who Bill Williamson mentioned in today's D Post.
    Then again that could have nothing to do with it since this is now the third year with Bell and I'm sure they have a real good feel for him. Dayne is only here for his second and they may just want more looks at him since he hasn't been here as long. I don't think you can at all go by what team someone is playing on in training camp or how many reps they get to say who the coaches like as the starter or to determain how good they are doing. What exactly do you even mean "Tatum spelling him as the starter" because I don't think I get it.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    304
    it doesnt matter who is getting reps with who right now, once the preseason starts whoever has the hot hand will start.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco T
    it doesnt matter who is getting reps with who right now, once the preseason starts whoever has the hot hand will start.
    I don't even think that will tell you. When the regular season starts that is when we will know the starters. - Probably after the last preseason game they will have a final depth chart for starting the season.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Long Branch
    Posts
    809

    hmmm

    hasnt it been stated that dayne was re-signed to fill the role that Anderson played last year. And they felt they had a younger version of Ma in Dayne, and that was another reason why thye let him go. If i'm wrong please let me know.
    [IMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7596/greatdayne1re.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8265/train27fk.gif[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1498/daynetraynesig20ho.jpg[/IMG]big ups to snk16.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,694
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    I disagree with the RB statement that Tatum Bell is 'clearly' ahead of the other RB's....Dayne continues to run more reps with the first team than any of the other backs, and it is always Tatum spelling him as the starter rather than the other way around. If they were to play today, Dayne would be the starter, not T Bell.

    Also, no mention of one of the most impressive players in Camp so far, WR David Kircus, who Bill Williamson mentioned in today's D Post.
    It isn't as much about which team you are running with as it is what you are doing with the carries. Right now, from what people are saying...Tatum Bell and Mike Bell are doing more with their carries than Dayne is. Shanahan hasn't designated a starter...so the job is up in the air...the RB who does the most with his opportunities will get the job.

    Feel free to disagree with the camp reports all you want...it isn't my notes (I am not there), just relaying information from the Mane. I am curious to know if you are there though? If so, let us know what you think (i.e. give us a report).

    Bill Williamson is next to worthless. Sorry, his coverage is just not that great.

    --------------------------------------------------


    Here are Kaylore's (Khan's) input from the Mane...

    Linebackers: Al Wilson broke up a screen pass that Dayne bobbled and took it to the house. He looked really good. The run defense was pretty good until the end. Webster had another big hit and is sharp out there. I'm very happy knowing he's back there.

    Wideouts -

    Brian Clark: He could be our Lelie replacement. He's not as good as Lelie on go routes, but he is better inside the hash marks than Lelie is but played track and has great speed. Decent hands for a track guy. Made some nice grabs and looks good running down field. Made a great snag at the one and touched his toes in just as he stepped out. Two refs were right next to him, so it was in.

    Adams: Had some drops. On the script installs he made a half-assed effort to grab the ball and Shanahan was in his ear. Looks tired.

    Kircus: Made some decent grabs but the secondary played well today and did a good job of defending him. He can catch the ball in traffic and that's a huge advantage.

    Marshall: He had some mental hiccups today. Seemed to be having issues focusing. He was open on a square out and wasn't even looking at the ball and it hit him in the head. Shanahan told him to "get his head out of his ass." D-wil was covering. Funny thing was during the scripted plays he caught a ball and out of habit handed the refs the ball. Watson went off on him telling him to bring the ball back to the line. I thought it was funny because you just get used to doing certain things.

    Terrell: had a drop but they were kind of off kilter throws. Is getting better in routes and worked on the second team.

    Watts: He looked good today. No drops and made some good moves. The most impressive was seeing him block Curome Cox in the run. He blocks really well and much better than I expected for someone built like a twig.

    Running backs - They all looked good today with the exception of Dayne, who wasn't terrible but had some problems.

    Tatum Bell: To quote that faux report "Tatum was ripping huge gains!" Actually he just had one really nice run when they needed sixteen or seventeen yards to pick up a first down and he took it to the house. It was crazy because D-Wil was the only one who could keep up with him. He's improved a little bit every day I've seen him and his vision is much better.

    Mike Bell: He made some nice runs. Run defense was better today, so he didn't a whole lot of big runs but averaged four to five per carry, I'd say. His vision and cutback ability is the best of backs.

    Dayne: He just looks watered down. Still running with the first team but he's so average. Tippy toe steps, no burst and no power. Bleh. He fumbled and bobbled a screen pass that got picked by Al Wilson.

    Cobbs: He actually did better today. Made some nice runs, kept his balance. Did a good job of lowering his head and plowing into the line.

    I personally think the two backs should be Bell and Bell. Ding and Dong? Ok , you can shoot me.

    Foxworth: Was really playing at a high level today. He protected his side of the field in redzone drills. Broke up a fade pattern, made some nice hits and picked a pass to Devoe and took it to the house. Really made me feel good about our second and third spot.

    Bailey: No one threw at his receiver all day.

    Everett: He actually got some action and I liked what he did. He's still learning and is far behind, but played well all things considered.

    Cox: Played very well today. Likes to attack the run. Not very good at getting off blocks but he's more of a coverage guy anyways.

    Abdullah: He's really very good. I love his run stuffing ability. Reads the right hole and attacks. Safeties can have a lot of preassure to make the right play if everyone on the offense is executing, and he plays it right.
    Last edited by LDB; 08-03-2006 at 01:48 PM.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Mile High
    Posts
    6,874
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    It isn't as much about which team you are running with as it is what you are doing with the carries. Right now, from what people are saying...Tatum Bell and Mike Bell are doing more with their carries than Dayne is. Shanahan hasn't designated a starter...so the job is up in the air...the RB who does the most with his opportunities will get the job.

    Feel free to disagree with the camp reports all you want...it isn't my notes (I am not there), just relaying information from the Mane. I am curious to know if you are there though? If so, let us know what you think (i.e. give us a report).

    Bill Williamson is next to worthless. Sorry, his coverage is just not that great.

    --------------------------------------------------


    Here are Kaylore's (Khan's) input from the Mane...

    Linebackers: Al Wilson broke up a screen pass that Dayne bobbled and took it to the house. He looked really good. The run defense was pretty good until the end. Webster had another big hit and is sharp out there. I'm very happy knowing he's back there.

    Wideouts -

    Brian Clark: He could be our Lelie replacement. He's not as good as Lelie on go routes, but he is better inside the hash marks than Lelie is but played track and has great speed. Decent hands for a track guy. Made some nice grabs and looks good running down field. Made a great snag at the one and touched his toes in just as he stepped out. Two refs were right next to him, so it was in.

    Adams: Had some drops. On the script installs he made a half-assed effort to grab the ball and Shanahan was in his ear. Looks tired.

    Kircus: Made some decent grabs but the secondary played well today and did a good job of defending him. He can catch the ball in traffic and that's a huge advantage.

    Marshall: He had some mental hiccups today. Seemed to be having issues focusing. He was open on a square out and wasn't even looking at the ball and it hit him in the head. Shanahan told him to "get his head out of his ass." D-wil was covering. Funny thing was during the scripted plays he caught a ball and out of habit handed the refs the ball. Watson went off on him telling him to bring the ball back to the line. I thought it was funny because you just get used to doing certain things.

    Terrell: had a drop but they were kind of off kilter throws. Is getting better in routes and worked on the second team.

    Watts: He looked good today. No drops and made some good moves. The most impressive was seeing him block Curome Cox in the run. He blocks really well and much better than I expected for someone built like a twig.

    Running backs - They all looked good today with the exception of Dayne, who wasn't terrible but had some problems.

    Tatum Bell: To quote that faux report "Tatum was ripping huge gains!" Actually he just had one really nice run when they needed sixteen or seventeen yards to pick up a first down and he took it to the house. It was crazy because D-Wil was the only one who could keep up with him. He's improved a little bit every day I've seen him and his vision is much better.

    Mike Bell: He made some nice runs. Run defense was better today, so he didn't a whole lot of big runs but averaged four to five per carry, I'd say. His vision and cutback ability is the best of backs.

    Dayne: He just looks watered down. Still running with the first team but he's so average. Tippy toe steps, no burst and no power. Bleh. He fumbled and bobbled a screen pass that got picked by Al Wilson.

    Cobbs: He actually did better today. Made some nice runs, kept his balance. Did a good job of lowering his head and plowing into the line.

    I personally think the two backs should be Bell and Bell. Ding and Dong? Ok , you can shoot me.

    Foxworth: Was really playing at a high level today. He protected his side of the field in redzone drills. Broke up a fade pattern, made some nice hits and picked a pass to Devoe and took it to the house. Really made me feel good about our second and third spot.

    Bailey: No one threw at his receiver all day.

    Everett: He actually got some action and I liked what he did. He's still learning and is far behind, but played well all things considered.

    Cox: Played very well today. Likes to attack the run. Not very good at getting off blocks but he's more of a coverage guy anyways.

    Abdullah: He's really very good. I love his run stuffing ability. Reads the right hole and attacks. Safeties can have a lot of preassure to make the right play if everyone on the offense is executing, and he plays it right.

    Can't say I agree....I read alot of stuff from the Mane, that when I was there, was blatantly wrong, where Williamson basically has nailed it....I think you are kidding yourself if you would take the word of an ameataur report over a (well-respected) Professional who has access to info that the Mane, or any other fan source can't match.

    Oh, and your statement about which team a player runs with not mattering runs in direct conflict to what Shanahan himself has stated multiple times....that is why he announces a depth chart at each postion. If you follow the previous camps, you will see that the players listed at the bottom of the charts are among the first to be cut.....So, the team a player runs with most certainly IS a solid indicator of how a player is doing in camp....this is by design. Shanahan and his staff always tout the importance of competition, and this is one way to generate it.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    Isn't this like the third day in a row that comments have been made from camp about how Jake is "off-target" on several of his throws?

    Seems like he hasn't improved in that area at all from last year. Remember the hammering Putzier took on several off-target throws, along with the missed throws to Lelie?

    It's no secret (not a bash) that Jake has the tendency to be off-target (over-throwing, throwing behind the receiver, etc....). He's been that way his whole time here.
    Through the first couple days, they said he was on target, so whether he has improved is up for debate.

    Regardless, I would agree that he has had a tendency to be off-target quite often. In fact, I think that might be one of the reasons people like Watts and Bell drop the ones that hit them right in their hands. They weren't expecting that!
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYNETRAYNE
    hasnt it been stated that dayne was re-signed to fill the role that Anderson played last year. And they felt they had a younger version of Ma in Dayne, and that was another reason why thye let him go. If i'm wrong please let me know.
    I can't remember reading that. I did read the GM and Shanny saying that they don't know if Bell can carry the full load, and that if they had to go back to a system like last year it, it would be ok, because it was succesfull. That is paraphrasing of course, but the general idea.

    EDITED

    Here are some quotes:

    "Everybody knows he's a big-play threat, and I think power running sometimes is more want than it is ability," Sundquist said. "The guy is built. It's not like we have a 5-foot-6, 170-pound running back who just runs in there and because of physics can't move the pile. Tatum has that ability.

    "I think we've reached a point now in his career when we expect the 60-(yard run) ... but we expect a 3 and a cloud of dust, too."
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/15188174.htm


    "I think we can rush the football really well again with Ron Dayne filling Mike Anderson's role, Tatum Bell coming in a rotational (role) or even those two battling it out," General Manager Ted Sundquist said.

    "Maybe Tatum (becomes) the No. 1 guy," Sundquist said. "I absolutely do (think he can). I think he runs with a little bit more power than people give him credit for. I've seen him turn his shoulder and take on a safety along the sidelines. No question about it -- he's got big-play, breakaway speed. He's got the vision and understands the cutback lanes, that sort of thing."
    http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_...208123145.html


    Shanahan said Tatum Bell's speed and game-breaking ability will give him a chance to shine, but all of the other backs also will have a strong chance. Tatum Bell, Dayne and the departed Mike Anderson all played last season as Denver finished No. 2 in the NFL in rushing.

    "We believe in our running game and we are confident we are going to have success whether it's one guy or two guys," Shanahan said. "That's what the preseason games are for, to see who'll step up."

    Added Denver general manager Ted Sundquist: "If we get 1,800 yards, I don't care if it's one guy or two guys. As long as we get the yards."
    http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4099287
    Last edited by tnedator; 08-03-2006 at 02:21 PM.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYNETRAYNE
    hasnt it been stated that dayne was re-signed to fill the role that Anderson played last year. And they felt they had a younger version of Ma in Dayne, and that was another reason why thye let him go. If i'm wrong please let me know.
    Yeah that was said, however, that doesn't mean the starting slot will be handed to him on asilver platter he has to earn.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    With Solus Christus
    Posts
    8,965
    Don't let teams around the league read this.

    So far the scouting report on Cutler is he can only throw to his right.

    I saw that with my own two eyes....a quick slant by Marshall from the slot was behind him. From the slot...not some deep out pattern. I am sure he will get better, but for a guy with the arm he has, a deep out to the right or left shouldn't be a problem.


    Mike Bell is showing some good promise. Does anyone know his 40 time??

    Not that it matters because TD didn't have a fast 40, but if anyone has seen M. Bell run, if he were wearing #30 it would be scary similar...just my opinion on his runnnig style .

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    So far the scouting report on Cutler is he can only throw to his right.

    I saw that with my own two eyes....a quick slant by Marshall from the slot was behind him. From the slot...not some deep out pattern. I am sure he will get better, but for a guy with the arm he has, a deep out to the right or left shouldn't be a problem.
    That won't matter to much... We can just get into a lot of formations with all the receivers lined up to the right, and BAM, problem solved.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Frisco, CO
    Posts
    8,148
    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Regardless, I would agree that he has had a tendency to be off-target quite often. In fact, I think that might be one of the reasons people like Watts and Bell drop the ones that hit them right in their hands. They weren't expecting that!
    ROTFLOL!!

    Hey, we agreed on something.

    Better watch out!! LOL!!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    ROTFLOL!!

    Hey, we agreed on something.

    Better watch out!! LOL!!
    SEE, one of us is reasonable and can see both sides!!!

    Sorry, couldn't help it on that one
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Frisco, CO
    Posts
    8,148
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    So far the scouting report on Cutler is he can only throw to his right.
    I would hardly call being off target to his left the same thing as only being able to throw to his right.

    If we went by that reasoning, we would have to say Jake can only throw short passes, since he's usually off target on deep ones.

    Oh wait, that's true, isn't it?

    Never mind....

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •