Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    Isn't this like the third day in a row that comments have been made from camp about how Jake is "off-target" on several of his throws?

Seems like he hasn't improved in that area at all from last year. Remember the hammering Putzier took on several off-target throws, along with the missed throws to Lelie?

It's no secret (not a bash) that Jake has the tendency to be off-target (over-throwing, throwing behind the receiver, etc....). He's been that way his whole time here.

It appears to continue to be an area of weakness.

Concerning Jay's throws. That weakness to the left is something I remember reading in one of the pre-draft reports on him. He apparently needs to continue working on getting better in that area.

As far as BVP goes, I think we are seeing why he's likely to be 3rd string (or gone) by the time the season starts. He simply hasn't put it together.

I'm excited about what we're hearing about Mike Bell. Could be another one of those Shanny "diamonds" he finds.

The defense sounds like it's ahead of the offense at this stage of camp. I guess that's to be expected this early. The offense has more new players than the D does.

I agree on your comments about Jake. He also throws one of the worst spirals in the game IMO. Some of his passes remind me of Quincy Carter's wobbly ducks when he was with Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by DAYNETRAYNE
    hasnt it been stated that dayne was re-signed to fill the role that Anderson played last year. And they felt they had a younger version of Ma in Dayne, and that was another reason why thye let him go. If i'm wrong please let me know.
    Thus far in camp its been Mike Bell looking like the replacement to MA.

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    Can't say I agree....I read alot of stuff from the Mane, that when I was there, was blatantly wrong, where Williamson basically has nailed it....I think you are kidding yourself if you would take the word of an ameataur report over a (well-respected) Professional who has access to info that the Mane, or any other fan source can't match.

Oh, and your statement about which team a player runs with not mattering runs in direct conflict to what Shanahan himself has stated multiple times....that is why he announces a depth chart at each postion. If you follow the previous camps, you will see that the players listed at the bottom of the charts are among the first to be cut.....So, the team a player runs with most certainly IS a solid indicator of how a player is doing in camp....this is by design. Shanahan and his staff always tout the importance of competition, and this is one way to generate it.

First, I'm not sure if I would completely trust the guys at the mane, but I think they have just as valid an opinion as Bill Williamson. Does Williamson have some specific coaching background that he would be better able to interpret what happens? I actually like Williamson, and read his articles often, but I don't think because he works for a paper he automatically should engender more credence than others who watch the same practice.

Second, I would not read anything into the fact of who is running with the first team now. I remember two years ago when we signed two free agent tight ends (Byron Chamberlin and Jed Weaver). They ran with the first and second team offenses for the entire preseason. Then they both got cut at the last cut-downs. Weaver, we even gave a multi-year contract to, and he was totally suprised he was cut. Also, last year Jerry Rice ran with the 2nd team offense for the entire preseason and then was told he would probably be the 5th wr and could be deactivated, so he retired rather than be cut.

The point is I'm more inclined to believe that those who perform the best in camp have the best shot of sticking--and rightfully so. I think we'll have to wait until preseason games to judge for ourselves who we think is playing well, and it may not be first-teamers.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUMMERFAN16
    I agree on your comments about Jake. He also throws one of the worst spirals in the game IMO. Some of his passes remind me of Quincy Carter's wobbly ducks when he was with Dallas.
    You're right about the spirals too.

Have you seen any of the camp video on Cutler?

He throws a beautiful spiral.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Can you throw a spiral while sitting on the bench???
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Can you throw a spiral while sitting on the bench???
    And you wonder why we don't get along.....

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

I can't wait to see Cutler on the field. It sounds like he is picking up the NFL pretty quick. He certainly won't replace Jake by week 3 ( ), but I am impressed with reports about him. One thing we can all be happy with, it seems that Shanahan has brought in a good amount of young talent to the team. Should translate to a good transition from the old to the young.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

right,

Quote Originally Posted by vicious2500
    Thus far in camp its been Mike Bell looking like the replacement to MA.
    isnt he running with the third team? I would look like MA too. Preseason games will tell were he stands.
    [IMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7596/greatdayne1re.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8265/train27fk.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1498/daynetraynesig20ho.jpg[/IMG]big ups to snk16.

isnt he running with the third team? I would look like MA too. Preseason games will tell were he stands.
    From what I have heard just because he may be running with 3rd doesn't always facing the 3rd team defense. My understanding is they alternate. Even DT like or not he's good impression so far and that is not bad thing for the team.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    From what I have heard just because he may be running with 3rd doesn't always facing the 3rd team defense. My understanding is they alternate. Even DT like or not he's good impression so far and that is not bad thing for the team.
    im not saying its a bad thing. I thought it was 1st team O vs 2nd team D, 2nd team O vs 1st team D, and the 3rds go against each other. But what ever. I'm glad he's doing good. Everybody's reports just seem different. I was watching highlights on cbs4denver.com and it was clearly to see that TBell bobbled a screen pass and it was picked off by Al wilson. Someone reported from the mane that it was Dayne. Its like who do u believe.
    [IMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7596/greatdayne1re.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8265/train27fk.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1498/daynetraynesig20ho.jpg[/IMG]big ups to snk16.

Just to clear things up...

You aren't a Bronco fan at all are you? Just a Ron Dayne fan?

Now that we have that straight, may the best man win!

Personally, preseason will tell us more than TC and Shanahan doesn't like to throw rookies in the game (remember CP), but Dayne hasn't impressed any of the observers; so, maybe it is time for you to accept that he may not be anything more than he was in NY.

The Broncos will do what is best for the team. Dayne doesn't look like IT right now regardless of which "team" he is on for the moment. Or, maybe I missed the day when Shanahan was praising RD?

And I'm not a Dayne hater! I support whatever is best for the team and I have supported Dayne in past threads. I'm just saying he doesn't look to be living up to the potential I and others thought he had.
    Last edited by dare2bme; 08-03-2006 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Clarifying

Just so you guys know:

Cutler doesn't throw well to his left because he doesn't quite square up to the receiver before throwing the ball. So when he throws to his left, he's throwing across his body. This habit is a direct result of not having much pass protection at Vandy. It's obviously a kink in his game that can be fixed.
    A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Difficult or Easy

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChicken
    Just so you guys know:

Cutler doesn't throw well to his left because he doesn't quite square up to the receiver before throwing the ball. So when he throws to his left, he's throwing across his body. This habit is a direct result of not having much pass protection at Vandy. It's obviously a kink in his game that can be fixed.

Does someone out there know if this is a difficult problem to overcome? I know he didn't have any time in college and was throwing off his back foot alot. He doesn't seem to be throwing off his back foot now, but he needs to square his shoulders?? to the receiver?

This is a little bit deeper into the mechanics of the throw than I know, so I would appreciate some info.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChicken
    Just so you guys know:

Good post!!

Makes complete sense.

CP to ya!!

im not saying its a bad thing. I thought it was 1st team O vs 2nd team D, 2nd team O vs 1st team D, and the 3rds go against each other. But what ever. I'm glad he's doing good. Everybody's reports just seem different. I was watching highlights on cbs4denver.com and it was clearly to see that TBell bobbled a screen pass and it was picked off by Al wilson. Someone reported from the mane that it was Dayne. Its like who do u believe.
    I didn't see the play but on the home page they report it was T. Bell that blew it. I think for the most part the reports have been consistant. It was a mistake by one of our fellow fans but doubt it was done intentionally.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16