Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

8-4 Reports from OM

SoCalBronco
    http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=44738

QUARTERBACKS

Plummer- Did a good job checking down to flat routes and underneath routes. Didnt force a lot of things. Had a nice seam route early to Alexander and a nice curl to Walker and connected on some nice balls with Kircus and Scheff. He was still inaccurate though. He almost got Darius hurt, when he had to adjust to Jake's ball and basically did the splits (no I am not joking). He had two throws to Terrell which were high and a little bhind him that David still caught, and a sideline route that he threw out of bounds. another throw that was behind Terrell but he still got it.

Jay- He was okay. He had an interception in the red zone that Cameron Vaughn picked off. Put some nice mustard on his square outs today. He had a square out on the opposite sideline and had a perfect throw on a fade route to Walker in the red zone but he could not come down with it. Near the end of practice he threw a pretty deep ball, but Clark was sorta tired and didnt give it his all to get there. He also threw a nice stick route to Alexander between defenders. I thought Jay was good overall, but a little inaccurate on certain throws.

BVP- When he rolls out and throws anything besides flat routes, the balls tend to be too high. He also had a duck that he threw deep and if it wasnt for the out of bounds line, Roc would have had an INT.
    Last edited by GuitarJ; 08-04-2006 at 03:36 PM.

These guys might be getting a little arm weary after 7 days non stop throwing the ball.

RUNNING BACKS

The new kid Nash ain't bad. He seems to have some good acceleration. He's better than Cobbs thats for sure. I thought Dayne looked better today. He had a run through the hole that I thought was his best of camp. He showed some burst that he hasnt really shown before. The two Bells were still the best guys out there though. Tatum is really learning to find creases better and again he beat the D to the corner several times. He does seem to slip alot though. He slipped a couple times at a the line. Mike Bell continues to do the same things he has all camp. Show power, speed and moves.

WIDE RECIEVERS AND TIGHT ENDS

When the whole team huddled up at the end of practice, Shanny called out Brian Clark for a poor go route run on Cutler's nice deep ball. He said he knows guys are tired but you still have to give it your all. Clark was running and catching go routes for 10 minutes after practice. He had some catches today but also a drop too. I think Terrell is starting to make his presence known. He is becoming very consistent at the short game. He didnt drop any balls that I saw and made a couple athletic grabs along the sideline to poorly thrown balls. I think he is starting to move up the chart a little bit after being in the doldrums for awhile. Adams and Kircus were hot and cold. Each had some outstanding plays (Adams on a deep ball) and a few drops too. Darius tried really hard to catch a very low ball and almost got hurt doing the splits. He went up for a ball in the red zone drills and almost came down with it, but Champ made a nice play to break it up. Walker did his thing, although he wasnt thrown a whole lot of balls today. Marshall looked like the best guy out there. He didnt drop a pass and was lauded by Shanahan in red zone drills when he caught a short ball with the defender glued right on him. He also ran a comeback route for a TD in the red zone to beat Champ.

Scheffler's blocking was subpar today. On one of the early run plays in practice, Coach Brewster got on him for his blocking and did later too after Corey Jackson pushed him into the backfield. He did a nice job of holding onto the ball on a flat route when he had bobbled it and was decked by D-Will. Scheff didnt stick out too much today, but had some catches in the flat. Alexander caught more balls than Scheff and actually looked decent today as a pass reciever.

SoCalBronco

Shanny was NOT happy with this practice at the end when they all huddled around him. He was very critical. He was criticizing them for drops, lack of concentration etc. He said "I know training camp is a b**** and weve been going at it for 8 days, but you've got to be consistent" and then started singling out some guys.

P.S. you skipped the two defensive sections.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarJ
    SoCalBronco

Shanny was NOT happy with this practice at the end when they all huddled around him. He was very critical. He was criticizing them for drops, lack of concentration etc. He said "I know training camp is a b**** and weve been going at it for 8 days, but you've got to be consistent" and then started singling out some guys.
    That's the way you take care of business!

Good job Shanny! Get those players working hard

I feel that Cutler will beat our BVP for the backup position.

I just want what is best for the Broncos no matter what.

OFFENSIVE LINE

In the beginning of practice, the defensive front seven did a much better job against these guys in the run game. Meadows still does not look like a good player. He was beaten by Lang and Dumervil. I thought Cornell Green looked better today, he had been having a pretty bad camp up to this point and Foster wasnt bad either in pass protection. Didn't notice too many other players. There is a backup, #63 Hunt, that got owned a bunch of times though.

DEFENSIVE LINE

Kenard Lang was the best of them today. He had a really nice practice. In the early 9 on 7 run drills, he got to Bell behind the LOS and had a couple would be sacks. John Engelberger, for the second straight day, had a strong performance, especially pursuing down the line against the run. He also got some good push on a run play that allowed Big Al to blow it up in the backfield and had a would be sack. Dumervil had one would be sack. Courtney Brown did not practice again.

LINEBACKERS

Big Al blew up a couple of runs early on. He was the man in the 9 on 7 drills. Ian and DJ continue to do a good job flying around. Among the backups, Louis Green stood out, Ray Wells had a second straight good day and Cameron Vaughn had a nice interception in the red zone.

SECONDARY

Stop the presses, Willie had a pass breakup. The back four did a good job in the red zone drills I thought. Champ broke a couple things up. Roc struggled against Kircus but almost had a pick on a BVP deep ball. D-Will shows good range in getting back down to the flat when he is retreating in coverage. I didnt notice Fox do much outside of one red zone fade route where he had good coverage on Walker. KP was ok. Lynch had a good morning. He almost picked off a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco
    I feel that Cutler will beat our BVP for the backup position.

I just want what is best for the Broncos no matter what.
    He most likely will...

And, if we only plan on keeping 2 QBs as usual, then, yeah, BVPs gone.

Thanks for the update.
    I can't wait till preseason and see these guys in action.
    Do you guys think Brandon Marshall will be our 3rd WR?
    Sounds like he has been a beast in camp so far.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Remember if you're going to post our reports you need to provide a link.

KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore
    Remember if you're going to post our reports you need to provide a link.

You guys and your links....................it just cracks me up, I'm sorry. ...................We know where it's from anyway. ................LOL !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    You guys and your links....................it just cracks me up, I'm sorry. ...................We know where it's from anyway. ................LOL !!!!!!!!
    You think it's funny? It's something that you should get used to. People get sued these days. Scouts.com and other forums don't even let you post snippets of articles anymore - all you can post is a link to the URL with the story and then they make you register. I wouldn't be surprised to see all the NFL boards do the same thing.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!