• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhns
    Banned User
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kaylore
    You think it's funny? It's something that you should get used to. People get sued these days. Scouts.com and other forums don't even let you post snippets of articles anymore - all you can post is a link to the URL with the story and then they make you register. I wouldn't be surprised to see all the NFL boards do the same thing.
    I don't think you can sue if you aren't even making money on the article. If you don't make money in the first place putting it somewhere why would they let you sue? The reason people that get published can sue is because they get paid to put their writtings up and if someone puts it somewhere else and they don't see money they can sue for that money + court and all that crap. Anyways, how exactly do you plan on going about suing a user? You don't exactly know who it is for one. If you are talking about the broncos website being sued, isn't that just going back to the Bronco organization for the money? Plus what would that poster care that they lost money anyways?

I do like your guy's reports but I think you are getting a little to upset about this. The link has been with the last 7 reports and I'm sure by now everyone can figure out that it came from there. Especially since it says who wrote it.

I just hate when people talk about sueing over all kinds of stupid crap. I mean it's not like even with the link and that persons user name anyone here would even know who that is. You are earning no greatter respect for yourself or any kind of money. I'm not sure what your reason for sueing would be....

Comment

• HolyDiver
      Practice Squad
      • Mar 2006

You think it's funny? It's something that you should get used to. People get sued these days. Scouts.com and other forums don't even let you post snippets of articles anymore - all you can post is a link to the URL with the story and then they make you register. I wouldn't be surprised to see all the NFL boards do the same thing.
      I don't take much seriously...................And the last thing I would be paranoid about would be getting sued by the Orange Mane...............Any site that did that would lose credibility in a heartbeat. How lame is that anyway..................so, don't worry, nobody is getting sued over sharing Bronco information.

Comment

• topscribe
        RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
        • Apr 2005

What you do is really appreciated among many of us, Kaylore.

Thanks for allowing it to be reproduced here.

-----

Comment

• HolyDiver
          Practice Squad
          • Mar 2006

I appreciate it too Kaylore....................But, I just wanted to give you **** about it...................It's an inside joke here..................almost always, whenever I post something I've heard, a rumor, fact, whatever................I'm always asked to provide a link......................So, that just struck me as funny, that's all..................I'm a member of the Mane too, although, I don't usually post there, and cannot at work, just like the BroncosFreak due to access denied crap. .........................So, that leads me to the Broncomania............sorry guys, I'm not happy about it either.

Comment

• UnderArmour
            Special Teams
            • May 2006

Well I think it's funny. Making a lawsuit over a simple issue like this is pretty funny.

Comment

• Kaylore
              Starter
              • Apr 2005

Our board got a warning from ESPN for posting insider information, so lawsuits are less a joke when that actually happens. Maybe when it happens you guys won't blow it off.

Oh, and for the record I never suggested the Orangemane is suing anybody.
              KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

• BayAreaBronco
                Bench Warmer
                • Mar 2006

Everybody! We're lucky to be getting these reports from the OM guys. For that, I'm greatly appreciative. They're allowing their reports to be posted up here so I think that if they want you to post the link with the report, then post the link. It doesn't matter if we all know where it's from. It's the least we can do to show some sort of respect and/or appreciation for their efforts.

Just my humble opinion.

Comment

• hilife
                  Special Teams
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jhns
                  I don't think you can sue if you aren't even making money on the article. If you don't make money in the first place putting it somewhere why would they let you sue? The reason people that get published can sue is because they get paid to put their writtings up and if someone puts it somewhere else and they don't see money they can sue for that money + court and all that crap. Anyways, how exactly do you plan on going about suing a user? You don't exactly know who it is for one. If you are talking about the broncos website being sued, isn't that just going back to the Bronco organization for the money? Plus what would that poster care that they lost money anyways?

I do like your guy's reports but I think you are getting a little to upset about this. The link has been with the last 7 reports and I'm sure by now everyone can figure out that it came from there. Especially since it says who wrote it.

I just hate when people talk about sueing over all kinds of stupid crap. I mean it's not like even with the link and that persons user name anyone here would even know who that is. You are earning no greatter respect for yourself or any kind of money. I'm not sure what your reason for sueing would be....
                  I think your taking this a little to seriously. Nothing in his post said anything about him sueing anyone. He just simple stated that it's the kind of stuff that people get sued over. Thanks Kaylore and SoCalBronco, Med and all the others that took the time to report what they saw at camp. We all really appreciate it.
                  President Cool

Comment

• hilife
                    Special Teams
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BayAreaBronco
                    Everybody! We're lucky to be getting these reports from the OM guys. For that, I'm greatly appreciative. They're allowing their reports to be posted up here so I think that if they want you to post the link with the report, then post the link. It doesn't matter if we all know where it's from. It's the least we can do to show some sort of respect and/or appreciation for their efforts.

Just my humble opinion.
                    I'm with you on that one.
                    President Cool

Comment

• Bronco T
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jan 2006

Our board got a warning from ESPN for posting insider information, so lawsuits are less a joke when that actually happens. Maybe when it happens you guys won't blow it off.

Oh, and for the record I never suggested the Orangemane is suing anybody.

soon espn is going to turn into an insider site. seems like half their articles you have to pay for. wonder how many of those warnings they have sent to other people...

Comment

• Cire72
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jan 2006

Kaylore, Why not just put the www.orangemane.com into your article someplace it doesn't detract from the article but the cut and paste folks will pick it up while doing it. Not everyone thinks about that kind of thing.

As for the insider thing goes SI makes money off the subscribers and if anyone supplies that information to others for free it is like the napster thing.

I do enjoy reading your guys write ups on the camp keep up the good work. Get out of the heat a little and have a beer or two and take a rest.
                        Last edited by Cire72; 08-04-2006, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Kaylore
                          Starter
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Bronco T
                          soon espn is going to turn into an insider site. seems like half their articles you have to pay for. wonder how many of those warnings they have sent to other people...
                          Well the good news is you're not missing anything.

Comment

• Mount-n-Groan
                            Epithetically Challenged
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by topscribe
                            What you do is really appreciated among many of us, Kaylore.

Thanks for allowing it to be reproduced here.

-----
                            ^^^This merits being repeated. For those of us who can't attend camp these reports are priceless. They're much better than anything one can get from the media - that's for sure.

I hope you realize that they don't stop here. I 'spread the word' (verbally) to my more internet-challenged Bronco Brethren - who in turn bore their wives and mothers with it, I'm sure.

In short - your generosity quenches the thirst of Broncomaniacs worldwide.

Thank you!!!

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Kaylore
                              Starter
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Cire72
                              Kaylore, Why not just put the www.orangemane.com into your article someplace it doesn't detract from the article but the cut and paste folks will pick it up while doing it. Not everyone thinks about that kind of thing.

As for the insider thing goes SI makes money off the subscribers and if anyone supplies that information to others for free it is like the napster thing.

I do enjoy reading your guys write ups on the camp keep up the good work. Get out of the heat a little and have a beer or two and take a rest.
                              You know that's a great idea. I'll just put it in myself.

I did take today off, so no worries about me getting my rest. I appreciate your concern, though.

Comment

• Prodigal19
                                Special Teams
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by HolyDiver
                                I appreciate it too Kaylore....................But, I just wanted to give you **** about it...................It's an inside joke here..................almost always, whenever I post something I've heard, a rumor, fact, whatever................I'm always asked to provide a link......................So, that just struck me as funny, that's all..................I'm a member of the Mane too, although, I don't usually post there, and cannot at work, just like the BroncosFreak due to access denied crap. .........................So, that leads me to the Broncomania............sorry guys, I'm not happy about it either.
                                too. many. periods. ahhhhhhhh
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X