Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    I challenge you to find a post where he said he WANTS to sit the season. In fact, I would like to see MANY POSTS, since he's said it MANY TIMES.

I have heard the exact opposite. He has stated that he's working to start as soon as he can.

Making a statement about needing to learn, or the how he is looking forward to learning behind Jake, is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnng way from WANTING to sit.

I've read his quotes where he says he understands it's Jakes team, and his being a rookie will give him the chance to sit back, and leisurely learn the game, its speed and nuances.
    In other words, he KNOWS he's going to sit this year....

....and prolly next, until he can actually beat out Jake.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    I've read his quotes where he says he understands it's Jakes team, and his being a rookie will give him the chance to sit back, and leisurely learn the game, its speed and nuances.

They hear him speak and think they know more than the coaches or players.

Truly sad that they hate one player that much they become irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedthenerd
    I like how they're all excited about Cutler overthrowing his receiver -_-
    Ironic at best it must be the receivers fault huh?

No, he understands at the present time Jake is the #1 quarterback, but Jay Cutler is not gonna sit back and try to do nothing about that. He is a competitior, and is after Jake's job. I can't name one player in the league that DOES NOT want to be on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    Ironic at best it must be the receivers fault huh?
    JR you need to get over the fact that you didn't get your lineman. What you got is probably the best quarterback to come out of college in a long, long time. Be happy about that. Players like him one finds not to often. There are plenty of defensive lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    JR you need to get over the fact that you didn't get your lineman. What you got is probably the best quarterback to come out of college in a long, long time. Be happy about that. Players like him one finds not to often. There are plenty of defensive lineman.

This all remains to be seen. Like I said if he is half the QB you hope/think him to be and he can beat Jake out of a job then I'll be on him like white on rice.

Till then he is just a rookie QB that has yet to play real down in a real game against a real defense. TC really means nothing to those folks that have endured them.

With few exceptions there are few surprises to the coaches as they have a damned good idea who is gonna be on the team after mini camps.

So enjoy the preseason games as that will be the last you see of cutler till TC next year. Unless of course Jake is injured like a few are hoping and praying will happen.

BTW bunkley will make bigger impact this comming year than cutler will and their are QB's that come out every year that could be the next franchise QB for DEN.
    Last edited by JRWIZ; 08-11-2006 at 09:39 AM. Reason: edit in orange

BTW bunkley will make bigger impact this comming year than cutler will and their are QB's that come out every year that could be the next franchise QB for DEN.
    Bunkley is going to have about as little impact as Cutler as he's not starting. I believe he recently moved up to 2nd string from 3rd.

And while there are QBs that come out every year that could be the next franchise QB, what chances would we have of getting one as good as Cutler unless we crap out? Many people had Cutler as the best of the 3 big names this year before the draft, and how often will a team with the talent the Broncos have get a shot at getting a QB with that talent.

On the other hand, good D-linemen come out often too, and you can still pick them up with low draft positions.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Roses_Thorn
    Bunkley is going to have about as little impact as Cutler as he's not starting. I believe he recently moved up to 2nd string from 3rd.

And while there are QBs that come out every year that could be the next franchise QB, what chances would we have of getting one as good as Cutler unless we crap out? Many people had Cutler as the best of the 3 big names this year before the draft, and how often will a team with the talent the Broncos have get a shot at getting a QB with that talent.

On the other hand, good D-linemen come out often too, and you can still pick them up with low draft positions.
    And many people did not.

So far Mikey has yet to do so DL that is with any pick so perhaps had we taken a DT in the first round it would have been Joe Schmo from upper Darby State anyway.

I'm still not ready to concede cutler as the franchise QB a few seem to hope he will be. The odds are against him doing that.

And many people did not.

So far Mikey has yet to do so DL that is with any pick so perhaps had we taken a DT in the first round it would have been Joe Schmo from upper Darby State anyway.

I'm still not ready to concede cutler as the franchise QB a few seem to hope he will be. The odds are against him doing that.
    The odds? Haven't seen him play, or just in a state of denial?

their are QB's that come out every year that could be the next franchise QB for DEN.
    Problem is, Denver never drafts high enough to get one, and they have said as much.

I agree with you on most things, JR, but I am happy they took Cutler.

-----

No, he understands at the present time Jake is the #1 quarterback, but Jay Cutler is not gonna sit back and try to do nothing about that. He is a competitior, and is after Jake's job. I can't name one player in the league that DOES NOT want to be on the field.
    Lelie?
    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

http://www.notmike.com/images/heman.jpg

The odds? Haven't seen him play, or just in a state of denial?
    How many first round draft choice QB's have become franchise backs since 1990. Vs how many just became average/ back up QB's the numbers are posted in the forum.

I hope he is what you think, but for the time being I'll wait and watch him play before crowning him as such.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Problem is, Denver never drafts high enough to get one, and they have said as much.

I agree with you on most things, JR, but I am happy they took Cutler.

-----
    Top they made the leap to 11 for cutler they could have made the leap next year or any year for that matter to do the same thing IF they wanted to. Where there is a will there is a way.

So far Mikey's first day DAFT choices have been less than stellar. While he has improved the last two drafts he batting average is less than I would put up with if I were Pat.

Yes he accepts the situation for what it is, but that isn't same desiring to sit on the bench.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Top they made the leap to 11 for cutler they could have made the leap next year or any year for that matter to do the same thing IF they wanted to. Where there is a will there is a way.

So far Mikey's first day DAFT choices have been less than stellar. While he has improved the last two drafts he batting average is less than I would put up with if I were Pat.

I'll assume (as dangerous as it is) that you believe that the Broncos stand a pretty good chance to get to the playoffs maybe even the Super Bowl. Then if we should do that then no under most circumstances that wont happen JR. The only reason we were able to move up as high as we is becaue we had two number one picks to work with. Otherwise I sure we not have been able to move that high up. Also should we win the Super Bowl tell me how do we move up 21 slots in the draft?
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16