Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishConrad
    1- Being drafted the the 7th really doesn't mean anything when it comes to his college career. BVP had a great college career. Not having a great college career at QB doesn't always translate into a great NFL QB(Eric Crouch). CSU's offense wasn't anything like Mike Shanahan's version of the WC offence. So, he had a pretty big learning curve coming in.
    I would disagree. BVP had good career in a I-A Conference (the Mountain West) which by no means has elite competition. The same problems of inaccuracy that BVP has had with Broncos he also had in college. True the offense that CSU runs isn't anything like what Shanahan has, but neither is the one that Cutler came out of. Eric Crouch was option qb which imo is basically running back the qb position.

2. Besides scoring a touchdown in his first NFL snap ...against the Chiefs(double ) The San Diego game was his first shot in an NFL game. How you can really judge anyone on barely 2 quarters of football is beyond me. Thats what makes this pre-season that much more exciting....A young talanted Cutler vs. BVP who has been told he can never play QB.(even in college.)
    Yeah he scored his first td at the Chiefs no one can take that away from him. But honestly one the reasons it worked is that Chiefs were not expecting it. The thing about the SD game is that it was an opportunity for his to show Shanahan what he could do. There is no kind way of saying this, it was a poor showing he had an opportunity and he let it get away from him. Also by his own admission he was not prepared. He should have been plain and simple.

3. I don't think anyone was thinking he would come in and challange to start by drafting him in the 7th round. Shanahan gave him a chance and soon he blew by Matt Mauck, and Danny Kannel, and got the #2 job. Shanahan loves his work ethic and his versatility. Anyone like that is worth having on your team.
    I not sure is so much that BVP was head and shoulders above Mauck and Kannel as it was that Mauck regressed and Danny just didn't play all that well. Imho he's worth keeping around in the short run because he experienced in this offense. But he still struggling with inaccuracy. Right now if he was the number 2 and Jake went down for an extended period of time I'm not real comfortable with his ability to run the offense. I hope he improves because that's all the better for the Broncos., however at the time I have alot doubt about BVP's abilities to lead this offense if called upon.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetFan
    From everything I have heard about Cutler out of camp, he should be #2.

However.....

Our game plan is made up of players that have that ability to move around. Our O-Line is designed around smaller faster guys that excel in picking up blocks for the run but can get pushed around a bit on the pass, so while with the right QB you can have a stiff and be successful but that stiff has to be very good, and like it or not Griese was a very good, smart, accurate passer, it is better to have a mobile one.

As another poster said we can not afford to have a team full of Cutlers and Plummers at QB. I feel Cutler will be back up no more than 2 years. Maybe this year only. At that point Jake will retire or play elsewhere, and BVP whilenot an outstanding passer, ha can pass and move around.

What I love most about BVP though is the fact that the guy has an insane drive to win, and that is a high quality in a QB. Many QB's I see think they can just go in there and throw. This guy will pitch himself head first into a Ray Lewis if he has to if it will get that needed yard. That part reminds me of Elway. Now while you still need to have that good arm as a QB, from a back up stand point, I am reasonably ok with his arm and I love his drive.

Plummer
    Cutler
    BVP.

And after this year or next year

Cutler
    BVP.

BvP will never be a starter like I though 2 years ago he might have the ability, he just doesn't have the accuracy. But he can certainly be a back up. If a team loses their number 1, they are in the ****s anyway. In a game situation though, it is kind of hard to prepare for someone like BVP coming in,due to just don't know what this guy will do as he is willing to kill himself to win the game, and that is a good quality for a back up.
    What I find hard to believe is that Broncos fans are in a bigger hurry to get rid of Plummer than Van Pelt......That makes sense......I guess?

He's suited for the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by White Dragon
    Personally, I think he's suited as a back-up and he's actually a lot like Vick. Plus, he can take a lot more punishment than Vick. I think it'd be interesting to put him in as a running back, see what he can do there. He'd also be suited to play safety.
    The Broncos could use a punter.....for about four weeks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed
    What I find hard to believe is that Broncos fans are in a bigger hurry to get rid of Plummer than Van Pelt......That makes sense......I guess?
    I am not in a hurry to get rid of Plummer, but I really don't see a young guy making all that money sitting on the bench more than 2 years.

After this season or perhaps more realisticlly after next season I do believe Plummer will be gone.

It is not that I do not like Plummer, I think he works well in our system, especially with only 1 legitimate target to throw to.(that will change this year). It is that I am being realistic. They did not move up in the draft to get a guy and pay him 48 mil a year for him to sit 3, 4, 5 years on the bench.

I am not in a hurry to get rid of Plummer, but I really don't see a young guy making all that money sitting on the bench more than 2 years.

After this season or perhaps more realisticlly after next season I do believe Plummer will be gone.

It is not that I do not like Plummer, I think he works well in our system, especially with only 1 legitimate target to throw to.(that will change this year). It is that I am being realistic. They did not move up in the draft to get a guy and pay him 48 mil a year for him to sit 3, 4, 5 years on the bench.
    Agreed. Unless Plummer turns Denver into a SB dynasty or Cutler turns out to be a flop, he starts next year, or more likely in '08.

It will be interesting to see what Plummer does with two, or possibly more, decent receivers this year.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Can't argue with that......Just don't run the guy off too quick.
    But Van Pelt can get the hell gone anytime.

BVP is a waste of time. He is also one of the reasons I'm glad Jake played every game last year.

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluorange
    BVP is a waste of time. He is also one of the reasons I'm glad Jake played every game last year.
    The Broncos took a HUGE risk with him as the only back-up. Regardless of what "BVP" fans or delusional Broncos fans say, the SD game proved it was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Agreed. Unless Plummer turns Denver into a SB dynasty or Cutler turns out to be a flop, he starts next year, or more likely in '08.

It will be interesting to see what Plummer does with two, or possibly more, decent receivers this year.
    Jay sits one year, and then the Broncos get some more draft pics for Jake. Start their way of compilling draft pics over again. That's the way Shanny works. That's what keeps the Broncos near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    Jay sits one year, and then the Broncos get some more draft pics for Jake. Start their way of compilling draft pics over again. That's the way Shanny works. That's what keeps the Broncos near the top.
    It is unlikely Denver would get much of anything for Plummer. He will likely be released, or, if Jay starts next year, possibly kept as a backup for one year.

There are not too many teams, if any, that will take on the back end of a QB's contract.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt