Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Tatum needs to get those hard earned yards on 3rd and 3, 3rd and 4, etc. Until he begins to get those tough yards he will only be a change-of-pace back. Yes, he can break one at any time, but that is not what you need come december/january. Simple, highlights don't win you championships, GRIT does.

Until he begins to get those tough yards to prolong drives, keep the defence rested and off the field, he will never be a number 1 back.

Being a homerun hitter alone does not get you a superbowl ring, ask Barry Sanders.

I hope that M Bell does good and all, but how can anyone be saying he can carry the load and grind out the 3&4's for the tuff yards. We haven't seen him play yet to even get close to saying he is the best back for the regular season.

What if he doesn't make the team? It is possible that he may not make the team this year. All MS said is that he is going to get a chance playing with the starters on Friday. He didn't say that the next week Tatum or Ron wouldn't be starting the game off with the starters. Don't get me wrong I hope that the kid can be a star and have a great year, but people talk like they have seen the kid play at an All-Pro level and know that he is a hall of famer.

And we don't know if Tatum has gotten stronger this year yet. He didn't have an average year last year like some try to say. It was a pretty good year for a player that is getting only half the carries. And it is stupid to say he isn't working hard because MS even said that TBell has been working hard.

This almost feels like last year with people getting all excited about BVP. They hear one good thing about a player on the news and they make up that the player is the next big thing in their own mind.
    [IMG]http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CALI11612110238_thumbnail.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/65x90/7232.jpg[/IMG] RIP Darrent Williams
    You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Quote Originally Posted by MyFav
    I hope that M Bell does good and all, but how can anyone be saying he can carry the load and grind out the 3&4's for the tuff yards. We haven't seen him play yet to even get close to saying he is the best back for the regular season.

What if he doesn't make the team? It is possible that he may not make the team this year. All MS said is that he is going to get a chance playing with the starters on Friday. He didn't say that the next week Tatum or Ron wouldn't be starting the game off with the starters. Don't get me wrong I hope that the kid can be a star and have a great year, but people talk like they have seen the kid play at an All-Pro level and know that he is a hall of famer.

And we don't know if Tatum has gotten stronger this year yet. He didn't have an average year last year like some try to say. It was a pretty good year for a player that is getting only half the carries. And it is stupid to say he isn't working hard because MS even said that TBell has been working hard.

This almost feels like last year with people getting all excited about BVP. They hear one good thing about a player on the news and they make up that the player is the next big thing in their own mind.
    Yes, cautious optimism is what we should all be displaying with MIke Bell, but instead the FANatic in all of us comes out and we start the TD comparisons. I guess it is just natural.

Hopefully, M. Bell does a good job and wins the starting job. Whether or not he will be considered one of the greatest Broncos of all time, or simply a footnote, remains to be seen.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Mike Bell

Quote Originally Posted by 24zone
    --- 08-07-2006, 09:29 PM---Suprising move, but after seeing the way he runs, he emulates the aggressiveness of Rueben D., and you see the vision and cutting ability like T. D. had. Definately has those abilities...I think his ability to block and pick up the system will ultimately decide where he ends up on the depth chart.
    Of course, ball security is also an issue...He does look good though!!!

As I mentioned, ball security is vital, and Shanny said it...you fumble, you don't play....It will keep the battle interesting, probably all the way up to the season opener....
    Last edited by 24zone; 08-12-2006 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Add Date
    al2@hotmail.com
    Velocity Sports Performance
    Dublin, CA