Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Mile High
    Posts
    6,874

    Bil Will Proves He's The Pro

    I have read more than one disturbing post here about Bill Williamson and how his writings are faulty, or inaccurate, etc.

    Well, I hope his call that Mike Bell was on the verge of taking over the Broncos starting tailback slot corrects those of you that somehow think a fan report, like the Orange Mane, could possibly compete with a Pro with his access.

    This should be a good lesson for all of you. There is a reason he is the Pro, and that fans are fans.

    Consider yourselves biatch-slapped by reality.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Serenity
    Posts
    12,084
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    I have read more than one disturbing post here about Bill Williamson and how his writings are faulty, or inaccurate, etc.

    Well, I hope his call that Mike Bell was on the verge of taking over the Broncos starting tailback slot corrects those of you that somehow think a fan report, like the Orange Mane, could possibly compete with a Pro with his access.

    This should be a good lesson for all of you. There is a reason he is the Pro, and that fans are fans.

    Consider yourselves biatch-slapped by reality.
    Well, I do believe the other reports you refer to were all pretty much glowing in regards to Mike Bell. So, I'm not sure where you're going with this. They seemed to see the same thing Williamson did.


    But I do agree that sometimes criticism of Williamson seems a bit harsh. Regardless, it comes with the territory. Journalists will be loved and hated; it's all in a day's work.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,871
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    I have read more than one disturbing post here about Bill Williamson and how his writings are faulty, or inaccurate, etc.

    Well, I hope his call that Mike Bell was on the verge of taking over the Broncos starting tailback slot corrects those of you that somehow think a fan report, like the Orange Mane, could possibly compete with a Pro with his access.

    This should be a good lesson for all of you. There is a reason he is the Pro, and that fans are fans.

    Consider yourselves biatch-slapped by reality.
    Funny, the OM was also saying Mike Bell was the most impressive back during camp

    I don't hate the guy at all, but I havent really seen anything different from him than I've seen from the OM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Bill has yet to prove a decent replacement for Adam Schefler. Nothing I have seen him state has remotely been as reliable as some.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    I have read more than one disturbing post here about Bill Williamson and how his writings are faulty, or inaccurate, etc.

    Well, I hope his call that Mike Bell was on the verge of taking over the Broncos starting tailback slot corrects those of you that somehow think a fan report, like the Orange Mane, could possibly compete with a Pro with his access.

    This should be a good lesson for all of you. There is a reason he is the Pro, and that fans are fans.

    Consider yourselves biatch-slapped by reality.
    Let's see... the guys from OM say he's the best back in camp, and Bill Will says that Tatum Bell may not be the number 2 Tailback for long as he's creeping up the depth charts.

    Now then... explain to me how this shows that the fans at OM can't possibly compete with a Pro with his access. They made the right calls, so you can't take anything away from them there, and he did make an incorrect prediction.

    Frankly, I don't even remember where Bill Will said M. Bell was on the verge of taking over the starting spot. Would you mind terribly if I asked for a link?

    [Edit] I just found this: which is what I believe you were referring to

    Article Launched: 08/07/2006 01:00:00 AM MDT

    sports | broncos
    Mike Bell climbs into contention
    By Bill Williamson
    Denver Post Staff Writer

    The most eye-opening player in the first week of the Broncos' training camp? Mike Bell, who worked his way into the mix for the starting tailback job.

    The undrafted rookie free agent from the University of Arizona has been a surprise thus far, and he could work his way up the depth chart this week. Bell has shown he fits Denver's running style, and some in the organization have compared his performance in camp to Terrell Davis' in 1995.

    If Bell has another strong week of practice, he likely will get significant playing time in the preseason opener Friday at Detroit, where he can show the team if he is ready to compete with Tatum Bell and Ron Dayne for the starting tailback job. Denver coach Mike Shanahan often lauded Bell for his work and strong running style in camp.

    Bell was projected to be a mid-round pick, but a poor 40-yard dash time at the NFL combine and his pro day hurt his chances. Denver signed him and gave him a $20,000 signing bonus shortly after the draft.

    Bell is a Denver native and a lifelong Broncos fan.

    "I just want to give everything I have and compete," Bell said.
    One problem... that was posted this morning. Before the announcement, but not a long distance prediction, and furthermore it guessed that he might challenge Tatum and Dayne during the pre-season game against Detroit... we'd all been told by OM for a while now that MB had been impressing and that the pre-season may determine the order, so he's behind on that one by quite a ways. So please... explain to me how you are even close to being right.
    Last edited by The_Roses_Thorn; 08-07-2006 at 12:37 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Mile High
    Posts
    6,874

    There is a difference...

    Quote Originally Posted by Javalon
    Well, I do believe the other reports you refer to were all pretty much glowing in regards to Mike Bell. So, I'm not sure where you're going with this. They seemed to see the same thing Williamson did.


    But I do agree that sometimes criticism of Williamson seems a bit harsh. Regardless, it comes with the territory. Journalists will be loved and hated; it's all in a day's work.

    There is a difference is saying a player was impressive in Camp, anyone with eyes can do that....

    as opposed to BW coming out with the first report that Mike Bell was moving up to the Staters spot.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    I have read more than one disturbing post here about Bill Williamson and how his writings are faulty, or inaccurate, etc.

    Well, I hope his call that Mike Bell was on the verge of taking over the Broncos starting tailback slot corrects those of you that somehow think a fan report, like the Orange Mane, could possibly compete with a Pro with his access.

    This should be a good lesson for all of you. There is a reason he is the Pro, and that fans are fans.

    Consider yourselves biatch-slapped by reality.
    I have to agree with everyon else. This proves nothing and your point is horrible. The non "Pro" writters have said the same thing this entire time. I don't really get where him saying it is different and better than them saying it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    I have read more than one disturbing post here about Bill Williamson and how his writings are faulty, or inaccurate, etc.

    Well, I hope his call that Mike Bell was on the verge of taking over the Broncos starting tailback slot corrects those of you that somehow think a fan report, like the Orange Mane, could possibly compete with a Pro with his access.

    This should be a good lesson for all of you. There is a reason he is the Pro, and that fans are fans.

    Consider yourselves biatch-slapped by reality.

    dude, tell us the truth. . . . you ARE bill williamson, aren't you?
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    There is a difference is saying a player was impressive in Camp, anyone with eyes can do that....

    as opposed to BW coming out with the first report that Mike Bell was moving up to the Staters spot.
    Laughable. Read your own post. He came out at 1:00 AM this morning saying that MB has a chance to show he is ready to compete for the starting job in the pre-season game against Detroit. Now then... getting ready to compete on Friday night =/= moving up on the depth chart now. He reported it after that report earlier today when the move had been made, but didn't predict it any more than any of the fans did.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    There is a difference is saying a player was impressive in Camp, anyone with eyes can do that....

    as opposed to BW coming out with the first report that Mike Bell was moving up to the Staters spot.
    There is no difference. The OM reports have not predicted as much as just inform of who is doing good. I remember a few reports that said Mike Bell looked much better than the others. If you don't remember that is the thing that sparked all the "OM hates Dayne" threads.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    I have read more than one disturbing post here about Bill Williamson and how his writings are faulty, or inaccurate, etc.

    Well, I hope his call that Mike Bell was on the verge of taking over the Broncos starting tailback slot corrects those of you that somehow think a fan report, like the Orange Mane, could possibly compete with a Pro with his access.

    This should be a good lesson for all of you. There is a reason he is the Pro, and that fans are fans.

    Consider yourselves biatch-slapped by reality.
    I don't consider myself biatch-slapped because there have been several instances where Williamson has been dead wrong.

    If and when Williamson gets on a roll with being accurate I'll have more confidence in his reporting.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 08-07-2006 at 01:08 PM.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    540
    Williamson didn't say that Mike would take the top spot soon he said:

    "If Bell has another strong week of practice, he likely will get significant playing time in the preseason opener Friday at Detroit, where he can show the team if he is ready to compete with Tatum Bell and Ron Dayne for the starting tailback job. Denver coach Mike Shanahan often lauded Bell for his work and strong running style in camp."

    You are vastly overstating what he did. The people at OM are far more thorough and consistent then Williamson, which is more helpfull for those of us who can't make it to the practices.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    I don't consider myself biatch-slapped because there have been several instances where Williamson has been dead wrong.

    If and when Williamson gets on a roll with being accurate I have more confidence in his reporting.
    Well feel even less biatch-slapped because once again this is BS. He didn't predict the move more than the guys at OM. He predicted that Mike Bell would get to show his stuff against Detroit, and show that he could be ready to compete for the starting job. There was no prediction that he was ready to move up the depth chart right now.

    That he was the first to report the move doesn't show his superiority... the guys from OM reported the same thing after TC today, and that's hardly a prediction considering it was after the fact. So this isn't a case where Bill Will was right, or the guys at OM were wrong. It's just MindField being completely incompetant.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    I have read more than one disturbing post here about Bill Williamson and how his writings are faulty, or inaccurate, etc.

    Well, I hope his call that Mike Bell was on the verge of taking over the Broncos starting tailback slot corrects those of you that somehow think a fan report, like the Orange Mane, could possibly compete with a Pro with his access.

    This should be a good lesson for all of you. There is a reason he is the Pro, and that fans are fans.

    Consider yourselves biatch-slapped by reality.
    Why on earth would you start this thread?! Bill's articles pretty much prove the exact opposite of your argument.

    Anyway, I think everyone else has pretty much summed it up. It took Bill a week to let us know that Mike Bell was impressing in camp. Was that news? Is it now "official" now that the Post reported it? I've known that for a week from the OM reports. You're really just admitting that the OM reports were accurate.

    I don't think that Burger Bill's articles are faulty or inaccurate, I just don't think he provides the analysis that a "professional" writer with insider access should be able to provide. I noticed a steep drop-off in the quality of reporting as soon as he took over the job from Shefter.
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    There is a difference is saying a player was impressive in Camp, anyone with eyes can do that....

    as opposed to BW coming out with the first report that Mike Bell was moving up to the Staters spot.
    It not like Williamson was reporting anything that was expected. I don't considers a great scoop on his part. This pales in comparison to what Shefter did with his reporting of us getting Bailey.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •