Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I think Mike Bell's promotion.....

Is a direct reflection of his love for the broncos. I think since he has been playing well, he would have made the team, but the only reason he is on the first team is cause he has been so loyal to the broncos and a life long fan, and the broncos want to show thier appreciation. There is no other reason you promote a undrafted RB who has never played a game over 2 other RB's who have been in the league for a few years and both averaged 5.3 ypc last year. I doubt he starts the season the #1 back, if soI'll be really happy for him he seems like he has his head on straight and he looks good running the ball.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava
    Is a direct reflection of his love for the broncos. I think since he has been playing well, he would have made the team, but the only reason he is on the first team is cause he has been so loyal to the broncos and a life long fan, and the broncos want to show thier appreciation. There is no other reason you promote a undrafted RB who has never played a game over 2 other RB's who have been in the league for a few years and both averaged 5.3 ypc last year. I doubt he starts the season the #1 back, if soI'll be really happy for him he seems like he has his head on straight and he looks good running the ball.

It's always refreshing to have a player come in that wants to be here, and I do think it gives them something in the desire column....it's like having a fellow fan on the team....and if you add the underdog factor, Mike Bell is and will be a big fan favorite.

Yea, usually you dont hear about a undrafted rookie becoming the starter at least until he's proven himself during the regular season and on Sp. teams. I'm totally stoked for the guy though. Tatum had his freakin chance so many times to blow everyone out of the water and was just average for 2 years. So i'll root for Mike Bell, hell yea.

You think M. Bell's promotion can be attributed solely to him being a lifelong fan? Come on, Shanny put him in the #1 position because T. Bell and Dayne weren't cutting it and M. Bell was.

Although being loyal to the Broncos can't hurt M. Bell's case, I highly doubt Shanny would give him the nod as a way to say "thank you for being with us." Shanny is a coach trying to win the Super Bowl, and if he moved M. Bell to #1, he must think the Broncos have the best chance to get there with him (although, there is still a lot of time for the other backs to prove themselves before the season begins, so anything can still transpire).

but the only reason he is on the first team is cause he has been so loyal to the broncos and a life long fan, and the broncos want to show thier appreciation. There is no other reason you promote a undrafted RB who has never played a game over 2 other RB's who have been in the league for a few years and both averaged 5.3 ypc last year.
    You must have a low opinion of Mike Shanahan, to say that he would promote a guy based on loyalty instead of experience.

I prefer to think he promoted him based on performance thus far, but hey, that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by PurdueBronc
    You think M. Bell's promotion can be attributed solely to him being a lifelong fan? Come on, Shanny put him in the #1 position because T. Bell and Dayne weren't cutting it and M. Bell was.

Although being loyal to the Broncos can't hurt M. Bell's case, I highly doubt Shanny would give him the nod as a way to say "thank you for being with us." Shanny is a coach trying to win the Super Bowl, and if he moved M. Bell to #1, he must think the Broncos have the best chance to get there with him (although, there is still a lot of time for the other backs to prove themselves before the season begins, so anything can still transpire).
    not solely, but with the promotion happening so soon, an still with meaningless games to play first yeah i think his loyalty helped him get this oppourtunity
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanInPA
    You must have a low opinion of Mike Shanahan, to say that he would promote a guy based on loyalty instead of experience.

I prefer to think he promoted him based on performance thus far, but hey, that's just me...

well he obviously didnt promote bell on experience so what are you saying?

I tried to warn ya.

looks like this thread is going in the same direction as the other. i think you should give up on your theory now!

well he obviously didnt promote bell on experience so what are you saying?
    PA is saying that Mike Bell has earned this oppurtunity because of his performance in camp...nothing more nothing less. Seemed pretty cut and dry to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco T
    looks like this thread is going in the same direction as the other. i think you should give up on your theory now!
    its started off good but soon as i put the link in the other thread people decided to smear negativity in this thread too,

Your theory is any undrafetd free agent can be promoted with only 10 days of good practicing, mine is what mine is, you dont gotta agree with mine, but i sure aaint gonna agree with yours.

I tried to warn ya.

I think that it is a direct reflection of his play compared to the other RBs. Personally, I think that Mike Shanahan would bench his grandmother if she wasn't producing.

I see one reason for promoting an undrafted RB over two other RBs that have experience and in Tatum's case some success. He has out produced them and looks like a possible improvement over either of them. Tatum could still be used as he was last year. If I were Ron Dayne I would be worrying.

Hm... lets see here. Mike Bell has been having an excellent camp, and Tatum Bell and Ron Dayne have been a bit lackluster. Now then, what part of Mike Bell being promoted caught everyone off guard? The fact of the matter is he's flat out playing better than Dayne and Tatum right now, and has throughout camp. Thus it makes sense to want to see how he fares against Detroit's first string defense and see if he's as good in a game situation. Leaving him at third string would result in him playing against a weaker defense and that doesn't help them much.

If he's out-performing Dayne and Bell handily, give him the respect and chance he deserves. It's that simple.

its started off good but soon as i put the link in the other thread people decided to smear negativity in this thread too,

Your theory is any undrafetd free agent can be promoted with only 10 days of good practicing, mine is what mine is, you dont gotta agree with mine, but i sure aaint gonna agree with yours.
    Your absolutely right, all we have are theories to why M. Bell is plaing with the 1st Offense. However, he has gotten most of the praise in TC, which makes me, and I think the coaches as well, believe that M. Bell is the best RB thus far. Productivity is much more essential than experience.

Lets get one things staright.

Mike Bell has been playing with he 3rd team for all of camp, playing with backups on the opposing defense. Dayne and bell have been playing against starters. Yall are taking what i said out of context, i do believe he has played better than dayne and tatum so far, but since when does 10 days of practice get you a promotion, especially if youre and undrafted player. You need real games to properly evaluate a player, and bell hasnt done that yet. Never do i say "solely" because he is a fan does he get to play with the 1st teamers, like any of us fans can play withthe first team. Yes he has been impressive and i think that ALONG WITH his loyalty is what convinced shanahan to promote him, you may not think his loyalty to the broncos had nothing to do with it, but i think it counts for something.

I tried to warn ya.

I don't see this as a suprise. Mike Bell has shown he can make the team. I believe Shanny wants to see what he can do with the first team.

I seriously believe Tatum Bell will end up as the starting running back for the Denver Broncos!
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster