Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 93
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarJ
    You bet I will watch!
    His bad attitude will not bring the results you claim he will have. I will take the guy with HEART over this "what a slap in the face", gimmie, gimmie, gimmie....."I have had my best camp attitude".

    Hopefully, someone like Rod will set him down and spell it out to him, and he will take a long look within. Only then do you have a chance of being right.
    Well, Shanny said some fairly complimentary things:

    On Tatum Bell and Rod Smith
    I feel very good about Tatum. He had some great 17 days of OTAs, you can tell theres a sense of urgency about him, you can tell that he has matured, not that he was immature, but you can tell by just they way they go about their daily business. Ive been impressed with Tatum. Rod Smith
    http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=66&p=2&c=550388
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,720
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty
    What are you talking about Tatum has had his best camp yet, and hes gonna end up being the starter, just watch.
    I don't care if Tatum had his "best camp yet" because Mike Bell is having the best camp of all the backs... Therefore, Mike Bell's camp > Tatum Bell's camp. Tatum may have had his best camp, but he's not working to his full potential, and he's not showing that he's good enough to start over Mike Bell -- not yet, at least.

    I've been "just watching" for Tatum to show me signs of Portis or TD for three years, and yet again, he keeps failing to show me anything besides his speed. Unfortunately, speed isn't everything in the NFL. And saying that losing the starting job to Mike Bell is a slap in the face isn't going to do anything about it -- go out and work your ass off.

    He wants everything given to him, he's always had this attitude, and now he's proving it.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,720
    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Well, Shanny said some fairly complimentary things:



    http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=66&p=2&c=550388
    Well if Tatum had 17 great days of OTA's, I guess Mike Bell had some amazing hall of fame level 10 days of training camp.

    And I'll take amazing hall of fame level > great anyday of the week

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    I don't care if Tatum had his "best camp yet" because Mike Bell is having the best camp of all the backs... Therefore, Mike Bell's camp > Tatum Bell's camp. Tatum may have had his best camp, but he's not working to his full potential, and he's not showing that he's good enough to start over Mike Bell -- not yet, at least.

    I've been "just watching" for Tatum to show me signs of Portis or TD for three years, and yet again, he keeps failing to show me anything besides his speed. Unfortunately, speed isn't everything in the NFL. And saying that losing the starting job to Mike Bell is a slap in the face isn't going to do anything about it -- go out and work your ass off.

    He wants everything given to him, he's always had this attitude, and now he's proving it.
    As has been pointed out, Tatum has been running against the first team D and Mike against the 3rd team D, so they haven't had a level playing field. So, now they will both be playing against the same Bronco D and get a chance to play in preseason games, which will determine who starts in real games.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    Not with his current attitude.....................I agree the starting back is up for grabs..............but if Mike Bell is a slashing one cut runner, who does NOT have carries for losses. Shanahan will take him over the homerun threat Tatum Bell. He wants a guy that can grind it out and get physical...................that is not Tatum's game. ..................It's his major flaw, and I think it will cost him in the end.
    Current attitude? So he's supposed to bend over and take it like Ron Dayne does? I think not...

    He's pissed, and that's his right. It will only make him work harder...

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInNJ
    It sounds to me like Tatum Bell has a case of the "Lelies." He doesn't feel he should go out and earn it...he just expects it to be handed to him.
    I really don't see the correlation. There's nothing wrong with Tatum's work ethic or attitude. He's angry he got beat out by a rook...so what.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,720
    Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    I really don't see the correlation. There's nothing wrong with Tatum's work ethic or attitude. He's angry he got beat out by a rook...so what.
    So he should do something about it... We all know if he actually gave his all, he'd swipe this competition out of the water -- but, since he's not giving his all, he's going to get beat out -- simple as that.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    So he should do something about it... We all know if he actually gave his all, he'd swipe this competition out of the water -- but, since he's not giving his all, he's going to get beat out -- simple as that.
    I'm simply not willing to make that conclusion...

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,720
    Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    I'm simply not willing to make that conclusion...
    If he lived up to his potential, he'd be better than Portis... That's saying ALOT

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Precisely...

    If Tatum was nearly as hungry as Mike Bell is right now, then Tatum would be a 2,000 yard rusher.

    Tatum isn't pushing himself enough
    MAybe he is and is not up to the task.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Current attitude? So he's supposed to bend over and take it like Ron Dayne does? I think not...

    He's pissed, and that's his right. It will only make him work harder...

    Lets hope that is the case, but that has yet to be seen. Lets face it, Bell could have handled the demotion a lot better. Instead of throwing a hissy fit, he could show respect towards Bell and release his frustration on the playing field.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by PurdueBronc
    Lets hope that is the case, but that has yet to be seen. Lets face it, Bell could have handled the demotion a lot better. Instead of throwing a hissy fit, he could show respect towards Bell and release his frustration on the playing field.
    There was no hissy fit. He told some ESPN reporter that he was pissed. He didn't go to the Denver Post and ***** about it. He didn't blow up during practice about it. He said he was pissed...big deal.

    Anyways, I think he will amp it up for the next 4 weeks. I'm guessing that he wins the job before pre-season is out.
    Last edited by WABronco; 08-08-2006 at 05:25 PM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,869
    Whatever happens I just don't want Tatum Bell to leave and demand a trade.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    27 29 S / 153 8 E
    Posts
    3,495
    Well this first game will be interesting to be sure...

    Normally the first team will only get a series or maybe two in the first pre-season game.

    But would M. Bell really only be put in for a series or two?

    Will Tatum and Dayne be the ones getting most of the playing time?

    And if so, it seems Tatum will have plenty of time to do his talking on the field, and perhaps show us why he shouldn't have been by-passed for the starting job.

    No one saw this one coming...

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,720
    Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    MAybe he is and is not up to the task.
    That could always be a possibility

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •