Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Holy Cow!

Aren't we a little quick to write off Tatum?

Look guys, there's nothing wrong with Tatum Bell. He's a good RB that I'd rather have over several other starters out there. He is doing fine so far and just because he got leap-frogged by Mike doesn't mean he sucks, doesn't deserve to be here, or will be traded or cut.

I know a lot of guys are kind of butt-hurt that Tatum hasn't become Clinton Portis yet, but who cares??? I'm a one-back guy myself and I'm not a fan of RB by commitee, but it's getting the job done.

Tatum gets the job done. If anyone has forgotten, his 900+ yds, 5.3 ypc, and 8 TDs were more than Lelie or Alexander could manage - and they were f'n starters! Lay off on Bell a little bit. Not everyone drafted is a starter, and not every RB drafted is the next Terrell Davis (this includes Mike Bell).

I realize he was a second rounder, but believe it or not he has been just as productive (to us) as Julius Jones (who he is frequently compared to) has been to the Cowboys. How have Kevin Jones, Steven Jackson fared? Hell, Chris Perry was a first rounder and can't even win the 3rd spot in Cleveland!

Patience is a virtue, and we have the luxury of being patient with Tatum for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    As I expected, Tatum Bell reacted to the news of Mike Bell's promotion with less than complimentary comments about the Broncos staff....Mike Shanahan has had less than zero patience for public comments in the past.....with the Texans hurting at RB, and with Kubiak now the HC there, could Tater be on his way to Houston soon?

I would not be suprised.
    I doubt it. This isn't the first time Tatum has mouthed off. As long as he keeps working hard, and doesn't just start giving up, I don't see him going anywhere.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

If we lose Tatum, you can consider our season done

WHAT A GREAT IDEA lets go into the season with a unproven rookie, and Ron Dayne

As I expected, Tatum Bell reacted to the news of Mike Bell's promotion with less than complimentary comments about the Broncos staff....Mike Shanahan has had less than zero patience for public comments in the past.....with the Texans hurting at RB, and with Kubiak now the HC there, could Tater be on his way to Houston soon?

I would not be suprised.
    Exactly what comments are you talking about Mindfield? I read the article and I didn't not see anywhere in his comments where bad talked Shanahan or his staff.

I don't think Shanahan will trade him over this. He commented on his frustration but in no way, shape, or form did he ridicule his head coach.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Thumbs down

even a browns fan thinks this is ridiculous....

I doubt it, but I I could picture a scenario, it would be Tatum to Houston for a pick, and Lelie to Dallas for Marion Barber, perhaps? But we won't trade Tater. I like the idea of getting Barber...
    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

http://www.notmike.com/images/heman.jpg

Tatum has proven he can average 5.x yards on 10-15 carries per game. This is a great asset I think the Broncos need this year.

Tatum has NOT proven he can wear down a defense. He got the start against SD to get his 1,000 which the entire O-line wanted. Take away his longest run and he averaged 2 yards per carry:
    12/31 @SD W 23-7 Yes 17att 52yds 3.1ypc 19(long) 3TD's

I like Tatum and hopes he can prove he can hold the ball the entire game. I hope Shanny gives him the chance in pre-season to carry it 20+ times in a game.

Until someone proves they can do better than MA, or even Reuben game-in, game-out, then the starting job is up for grabs.

I would not be suprised.

Hurting at running back? So they would want Bell? If they were hurting that bad at RB they would have got Bush in the draft, they arent hurting Davis will be fine for week 1 barring any further injury. I think we should package are garbage and try to get t. jones, I cant believe we havent tried harder for him

Tatum hasn't shown anything?
    The man almost got to 1000 yards last year on half the carries with 8 TDs. He took control of a game and was a big reason we won it (Redskins). And even when he didn't get the starting job last year he still ran his butt off.
    [IMG]http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CALI11612110238_thumbnail.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/65x90/7232.jpg[/IMG] RIP Darrent Williams
    You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

The words from one man's mouth (Tatum's) caused all this unsubstantiated speculation?

In that article, Tatum says Mike Bell has been running hard. Then he says he needs to push Mike.

So, where does it say Tatum is going anywhere?
    [IMG]http://www.drummerworld.com/pics/drum/dpa54/ringomov.gif[/IMG]

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Tatum has more talent than most of our 1K yard rushers in years past, but why can he not put it all together out on the field? I think that's what frustrates most fans and coaches. Yes he's a gamebreaker, but he's not gonna bust a 65 yarder every play and he has to realize that. You have to take what the D gives you, and he's not doing that. Mike Bell is. Mike Bell is POUNDING the ball between the tackles for consistent yardage. Tatum Bell is running into the backs of his lineman and not bursting through the holes the line is creating for him. It's gotta be all mental for Tatum, because we know he's got the talent to be a BEAST in the NFL.

THe sadest thing is.....ALL of us would let Tatum go.

Would any of us let Terrell Davis go??

No!!

I think that is what we are al searching for because that is what make this horse run. We can have Jake at QB, or BVP at QB, or Jay Cutler, but as long as we have a GREAT running back carrying the rock, and a decent defense then we will be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    Hell, Chris Perry was a first rounder and can't even win the 3rd spot in Cleveland!
    That is Cincinnati. Named after the Roman historical figure Cincinnatus. The man who lived a military life and retired to the countryside only to be summoned in a time of need and appointed as sole ruler - he promised to resign once the crisis was over and return to the quite life on his farm. He defeated the enemy in battle and promptly retired back to the farm life. He was a symbol of what the Romans valued and clearly the founders of Cincinnatti wanted the same values passed along to their citizens.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-09-2006 at 10:35 PM.

This kid Mike Bell is workin hard and will get his fair share of carries this year. That said, Tatum Bell is not going to be traded anywhere...especially to Houston. They seem pretty confident in Vernand Morency and D. Davis seems like he'll be fine by the beginning of the season. That said, I think we could part with Tatum for...say...Mario Williams and give Texas some draft picks for their trouble.

I would not be suprised.
    Buddy, you're looking way too much into this. If anything it seems that Tatum's dissapointed that he hasn't won the number one spot yet. He doesn't bash the coaching staff at all.

Hopefully this will motivate him to be a better back, but even if he shows no improvement at all from last year the Broncos would be dumb to trade him.