Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers
    I googled the subject, and it says they cut down to 75 players on 8/29.
    That is the day after the 3rd preseason game.
    Then cut down to 53 players on september 2nd
    I think they get an exemption for the 3 NFL-E players till the last cut. Could be wrong but that is what I seem to remember.

They should keep the UDFA rookie Brian Clark. I heard he was having a pretty good camp and who knows, could turn out to be the next Rod Smith (just saying, please do not yell at me).

Cut The whole 3rd string OLine lol, Cut Nate Jackson he drops too many passes for being a "pass catching TE", cut BVP, cut Ron Dayne (yeah I said it lol), put cobbs, clark, terrell on practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty
    ...... Cut Nate Jackson he drops too many passes for being a "pass catching TE" .....
    So I hope he prints my sig and put it in XXL over his bed and the locker room

but I agree with the Van Pelt cut
    [img]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9976/natemaniaaq1.png[/img][IMG]http://static.twoday.net/richieanderson/images/Jax221.jpg[/IMG]
    [Size=3][COLOR=Darkred]Hopelessly devoted to the Prankster[/COLOR][/Size]
    [IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/AbbyMG/Jackson-Natemania.png[/IMG]

Cut The whole 3rd string OLine lol, Cut Nate Jackson he drops too many passes for being a "pass catching TE", cut BVP, cut Ron Dayne (yeah I said it lol), put cobbs, clark, terrell on practice squad.
    I don't think Cobbs or Terrell would be eligible for practice squad. There is some limit, like you are only eligible in your first two years, or something like that.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

The third string O-Line includes Dwayne Carswell, Greg Eslinger and PJ Alexander. I think front office will think twice about cutting them.

Nate Jackson is a solid pass catcher, his biggest problems have been his injuries. But the coaching staff can't have been keeping him around for nothing.

BVP. Not great...but he's not been terrible in camp so far. And I don't want to see us carrying 2 QBs again.

I'm still supporting Dayne and I hope he succeeds. He's not been great this offseason, I'll admit. But he's not warranted being cut as of yet.

Cobbs may squeak onto the practice squad (4th round/2nd year I think...). Clark will (should clear waivers). Terrell on the PS though A 6 year veteran who got taken in the first round? No chance mate, no chance.

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

To clear the record here:

- The Broncos have to cut down to 65 players (not 75) after their first cuts.

- David Terrell isn't elibible for the practice squad.

- Cedric Cobbs is eligible...although it's questionable whether he'd clear waivers.

- As for the name recognition on the 3rd string O-line: the acquisition of Meadows probably spelled the end for Carswell; with Myers in front of him, Eslinger will spend the year on the PS; and good riddance PJ...not at all sad to see you go.

Quote Originally Posted by jpc925
    To clear the record here:

- The Broncos have to cut down to 65 players (not 75) after their first cuts.

- David Terrell isn't elibible for the practice squad.

- Cedric Cobbs is eligible...although it's questionable whether he'd clear waivers.
    Two things:

First, does that take into account the extra players they get to keep for sending guys to NFL Europe? The teams that do that, get an extension on one or more of the cutdowns, but I can't remember the specifics.

Second, what are the practice squad rules. I think it used to be only the first two years in the league, but they have added the ability for players to go on the practice squad in their third year, but I have read two different things. I have read that if they had less than three games in the NFL, they were eligible their third year, and I have also read one game.

I am also clear on how many games Cobbs has played in. When I read about him, it says he has played in 3 games, but I can only find stats on three games his rookie year.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

what are the practice squad rules.
    To be eligible for the PS, you must:

- Not have any NFL season where you were on the 45-man active list in 9 games

- And you cannot be on the PS more than two years

The teams that do that, get an extension on one or more of the cutdowns, but I can't remember the specifics.
    I had to go looking for an answer here...and have to correct myself. The rules changed this year on this part.

The old way: 65 at first cut w/ exceptions for NFL Europe, 53 at second cut
    The new way: 75 at first cut w/ no exception, 53 at second cut

My apologies to sneakers for correcting him when he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by jpc925
    To be eligible for the PS, you must:

- Not have any NFL season where you were on the 45-man active list in 9 games

- And you cannot be on the PS more than two years
    There have been changes to the PS rules, but I can't find the actual rules. This was in the Rocky Mountain News on the 2nd.

NEW LANDSCAPE: Teams were notified during a conference call this week that rules regarding practice- squad eligibility have been altered.

Previously, a player only could land on that reserve list for two seasons; now, a third year has been added. A player can't return to the practice squad in the third season if he appears in one regular-season game.

The regular-season limits are three games in the first two seasons in order to retain practice-squad eligibility.

As an example, the new rule conceivably could allow the Broncos to put defensive end Corey Jackson on the practice squad again, where previously it couldn't.

He's now running with the first-team nickel package, so it's unlikely. But that's the new kind of flexibility some teams could have with young prospects.