Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jets interested in Tatum Bell??

The search for a running back to replace Curtis Martin grows broader with each day he sits on the physically-unable-to-perform list. The Jets interest now extends to Artose Pinner of the Lions and Tatum Bell of the Broncos. Arizona running back Marcel Shipp had been mentioned, but yesterday his agent, Brad Blank, said he doubted such a deal was in the works

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printe...y-sports-print

whats this all about??

I think if they wanted Tatum, they would have to offer something huge for him.

Its seems we still want him to be at least the change of pace back.

Thumbs down

there intresting in mike bell....

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFanatic
    they are interested in mike bell....
    link? facts? and i fixed your post for my sake

I've read on a few rumor mills that the Jets are most interested in TATUM (not Mike) Bell. If Denver was willing to trade Tatum, which would be stupid because IMO he should be starting, they would have to give us something BIG for him...

Denver will not be trading TBell this season, unless it's an offer they just can't refuse, which no team will give.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    I think if they wanted Tatum, they would have to offer something huge for him.

Its seems we still want him to be at least the change of pace back.
    I agree. Tatum, though a change of pace back, is invaluable to our offense. Last year it was him who saved us in the Redskins game and opened things up so we could win. Having him back there threatening to hit the "home run" is something we cannot give up.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSteele
    I agree. Tatum, though a change of pace back, is invaluable to our offense. Last year it was him who saved us in the Redskins game and opened things up so we could win. Having him back there threatening to hit the "home run" is something we cannot give up.
    Exactly...he brings another dimension to the offense as a change of pace back. Defensive players are now more aware of his explosiveness. I've got $10 that says when Tatum gets in there the defenses stack the line, which will give Plummer some good 1-on-1 coverage and the threat of a deep ball or some good slant patterns across the middle for big gains.

I'd trade him to the Jets for Leon Washington and a 5th-rounder.

All these posts about trading Tatum make about as much sense as the ones saying use Dayne as a goal line back...

We still need Tatum, he isnt going anywhere. He put up almost 1,000 yards rushing!

While the DL might need some help I doubt Mike S. is going to canabalize the offense to do it!

PS. Not that anyone in this thread is really advocating the trade just venting ;p

I'd keep Tatum and trade Ron Dayne. Tatum leaving would take the speed from our run game.

I hope the FO has more sense than you guys wanting to trade Tater, and I suspect they do. MBell might look good, but we MUST keep quality depth at RB. I don't mean to slight Dayne, but come on, do any of you really want to have to resort to him as the fulltime back if MBell didn't pan our or got injured?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    Denver will not be trading TBell this season, unless it's an offer they just can't refuse, which no team will give.
    Right. Tater isn't going anywhere. We have no one to replace him. Even if Mike Bell or Dayne becomes the starter, they can't do what Tater can do. I'm not sure they could give Shanny enough to part with Tater this year.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Right. Tater isn't going anywhere. We have no one to replace him. Even if Mike Bell or Dayne becomes the starter, they can't do what Tater can do. I'm not sure they could give Shanny enough to part with Tater this year.

-----

On Wikipedia/ Ron Dayne. It says he is the third string back behind Mike and the Tater. We cannot lose the tater.
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    Hopefully the Jets will panic and give up a first round pick.

Other then that Tatum should still be in orange and blue this season.
    You've got to know when to sack em...