• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tnedator
    All-Pro
    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Jorden84
    I'd keep Tatum and trade Ron Dayne. Tatum leaving would take the speed from our run game.
    Dayne will have little to no trade value. The popular belief was that Denver was the one place that could allow Dayne to shine, because of the zone blocking scheme.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• broncos_mtnman
      Are you not entertained?
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by topscribe
      Right. Tater isn't going anywhere. We have no one to replace him. Even if Mike Bell or Dayne becomes the starter, they can't do what Tater can do. I'm not sure they could give Shanny enough to part with Tater this year.

-----
      I don't know how credible this rumor is, but I don't think I would say that there's no one to replace Tater.

I seem to remember us trading a pro bowl RB after back to back 1500+ rushing yards a few years ago, and we kept right on running.

It could happen....
      sigpic

Comment

• dogfish
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by tommy1986
        I'd trade him to the Jets for Leon Washington and a 5th-rounder.

well, thank god for all bronco fans you aren't in charge. . . . . .
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• tommy1986
          Banned User
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dogfish
          well, thank god for all bronco fans you aren't in charge. . . . . .

right back at ya

Comment

• BroncoStampede
            Ring of Famer
            • Dec 2004

theres no possible way this is gonna happen. Trading Lelie is going to be difficult enough.

Comment

• WABronco
              I'M driving the bandwagon
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by tommy1986
              right back at ya
              Leon Washington is a scat back at best, and what does a 5th round pick get you...another O-line project? I think I'll keep Tatum...

Comment

• MindField
                Banned User
                • Nov 2005

Trade Him

If we can get the Jets second-round pick, it's like stealing....we would be fine with Mike Bell, Dayne and Cobbs. I will take the Broncos history as proof of that...

Comment

• str8jacket
                  Hit Mary, Not Mary Jane
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by MindField
                  If we can get the Jets second-round pick, it's like stealing....we would be fine with Mike Bell, Dayne and Cobbs. I will take the Broncos history as proof of that...
                  Ill take ONE proven running back over 2 unproven backs any day of the week, no matter what history says

Comment

• silkamilkamonic
                    Sir-Nasty!
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MindField

There's no way the Jets offer a second round pick when they have a guy backing up Martin that they really like. Cedric Houston. I don't see why the Jets would offer a 2nd rounder for a backup.

Comment

• ClaptonFloyd
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jul 2006

I wouldnt take anyone from the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets except Jonathan Vilma or like 5 draft picks
                      I adopted Matt Lepsis!

Comment

• tnedator
                        All-Pro
                        • Oct 2004

Broncos | Dayne easier to acquire than T. Bell?
                        Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:36:16 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports latest indications out of Denver are that Denver Broncos RB Ron Dayne will be easier to acquire in a trade than RB Tatum Bell.

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.
                        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• tnedator
                          All-Pro
                          • Oct 2004

Kizla says Cutler will start soon

Cutler won't sit idle

By Mark Kiszla
                          Denver Post Staff Columnist
                          DenverPost.com

Mike Shanahan wants to coach the Broncos for another decade.

Jay Cutler, a kid who can really throw that rock, is 23 years old.

You do the math.

The last quarterback Shanahan will ever need pulls on a Denver uniform tonight and fires the most anticipated pass by a rookie Broncos quarterback since 1983.

Let the saga of Shanny and Jay C begin.

Allow me to be the first to say: Although John Elway led victory parades through Denver, it's Cutler who will punch Shanahan's ticket to the Hall of Fame.

The sooner Jay C becomes the No. 1 quarterback in this town, the sooner Shanny wins his next Super Bowl.

Don't mess it up, kid.

"Going to be some butterflies," said Cutler, predicting his gut reaction to an exhibition game in Detroit.

When the Broncos traded up to grab Cutler with the 11th pick of the NFL draft, conventional wisdom shouted Jay C would stand on the sideline and cheer as a rookie, incapable of contributing more to team success than Miles the mascot.

Conventional wisdom is bunk.

Anybody who has watched 10 minutes of training camp can clearly see Cutler owns the best arm on the team.

Bradlee Van Pelt would be advised to start picking the brain of John Lynch for tips on how a frustrated QB can re-invent himself as a star safety.

And Jake Plummer has years of good football left in him. For another team.

OK. Maybe I don't have enough patience to wait on a microwave burrito, let alone the often-fitful development of a pro quarterback.

Asked early in training camp to give a progress report on his rookie phenom, Shanahan chuckled and said: "He's a Hall of Fame player."

Jay C, however, has serious skills. The lone question regarding Cutler's ascension to starting quarterback: How soon is when?

During a dozen of the past 20 NFL seasons, Denver has required its backup quarterback to start at least one game. So, ready or not, pure necessity figures to give Cutler a 60 percent chance of playing meaningful downs as a rookie.

And take this as a 100 percent guarantee: Should the Broncos struggle through what appears to be eight rugged games at the front end of the team's schedule, the loudest noise you will hear all year at Invesco Field will be calls for Shanahan to give Cutler the football and let the kid rock.

So where does that leave Plummer, looking as confident and relaxed as any man can while standing in the shadow of the next big thing?

Forget the number of touchdowns and interceptions Plummer throws. The only statistic that matters, according to Denver veteran Rod Smith, is whether Plummer and his teammates can win a championship together.

While the Broncos won't dramatically alter what made them a 13-3 team last season, here's guessing Shanahan will relax the constraints on Plummer and discover if, at age 31, the veteran quarterback is mature enough to be something more dangerous than No-Mistake Jake. Now is the time to push Plummer, when the Broncos have a viable alternative at quarterback.

Cutler is far from a finished product. Regardless of whether he turns the Lions into *****cats during his preseason debut or awkwardly lines up for a snap behind the wrong rump, Shanahan realizes: "You know what happens with a quarterback. It's a learning curve."

But there are too many big plays in the arm of Jay C to keep him on the bench for two years.

Denver exhibits the same defensive and ball-control strengths that allowed Ben Roethlisberger to win games as a rookie, an experience that made it possible for the Steelers to win the Super Bowl in the 32nd game of Roethlisberger's pro career.

Although there will be loud debate among Broncomaniacs, there is no quarterback controversy here. It's over.

Wish Plummer well. There are at least 15 NFL teams that would be lucky to employ him. Winning big this year would only increase his trade value for the Broncos down the road.

But the best thing to happen to sports in Denver since Carmelo Anthony is the arrival of Cutler.

Get behind him. Or get out of the way.

sigpic

Comment

• JRWIZ
                            Banned User
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by tnedator
                            Cutler won't sit idle

By Mark Kiszla
                            Denver Post Staff Columnist
                            DenverPost.com

Mike Shanahan wants to coach the Broncos for another decade.

Jay Cutler, a kid who can really throw that rock, is 23 years old.

You do the math.

The last quarterback Shanahan will ever need pulls on a Denver uniform tonight and fires the most anticipated pass by a rookie Broncos quarterback since 1983.

Let the saga of Shanny and Jay C begin.

Allow me to be the first to say: Although John Elway led victory parades through Denver, it's Cutler who will punch Shanahan's ticket to the Hall of Fame.

The sooner Jay C becomes the No. 1 quarterback in this town, the sooner Shanny wins his next Super Bowl.

Don't mess it up, kid.

"Going to be some butterflies," said Cutler, predicting his gut reaction to an exhibition game in Detroit.

When the Broncos traded up to grab Cutler with the 11th pick of the NFL draft, conventional wisdom shouted Jay C would stand on the sideline and cheer as a rookie, incapable of contributing more to team success than Miles the mascot.

Conventional wisdom is bunk.

Anybody who has watched 10 minutes of training camp can clearly see Cutler owns the best arm on the team.

Bradlee Van Pelt would be advised to start picking the brain of John Lynch for tips on how a frustrated QB can re-invent himself as a star safety.

And Jake Plummer has years of good football left in him. For another team.

OK. Maybe I don't have enough patience to wait on a microwave burrito, let alone the often-fitful development of a pro quarterback.

Asked early in training camp to give a progress report on his rookie phenom, Shanahan chuckled and said: "He's a Hall of Fame player."

Jay C, however, has serious skills. The lone question regarding Cutler's ascension to starting quarterback: How soon is when?

During a dozen of the past 20 NFL seasons, Denver has required its backup quarterback to start at least one game. So, ready or not, pure necessity figures to give Cutler a 60 percent chance of playing meaningful downs as a rookie.

And take this as a 100 percent guarantee: Should the Broncos struggle through what appears to be eight rugged games at the front end of the team's schedule, the loudest noise you will hear all year at Invesco Field will be calls for Shanahan to give Cutler the football and let the kid rock.

So where does that leave Plummer, looking as confident and relaxed as any man can while standing in the shadow of the next big thing?

Forget the number of touchdowns and interceptions Plummer throws. The only statistic that matters, according to Denver veteran Rod Smith, is whether Plummer and his teammates can win a championship together.

While the Broncos won't dramatically alter what made them a 13-3 team last season, here's guessing Shanahan will relax the constraints on Plummer and discover if, at age 31, the veteran quarterback is mature enough to be something more dangerous than No-Mistake Jake. Now is the time to push Plummer, when the Broncos have a viable alternative at quarterback.

Cutler is far from a finished product. Regardless of whether he turns the Lions into *****cats during his preseason debut or awkwardly lines up for a snap behind the wrong rump, Shanahan realizes: "You know what happens with a quarterback. It's a learning curve."

But there are too many big plays in the arm of Jay C to keep him on the bench for two years.

Denver exhibits the same defensive and ball-control strengths that allowed Ben Roethlisberger to win games as a rookie, an experience that made it possible for the Steelers to win the Super Bowl in the 32nd game of Roethlisberger's pro career.

Although there will be loud debate among Broncomaniacs, there is no quarterback controversy here. It's over.

Wish Plummer well. There are at least 15 NFL teams that would be lucky to employ him. Winning big this year would only increase his trade value for the Broncos down the road.

But the best thing to happen to sports in Denver since Carmelo Anthony is the arrival of Cutler.

Get behind him. Or get out of the way.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4165295?source=rss
                            Way to be on topic here!

Comment

• tnedator
                              All-Pro
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                              Way to be on topic here!
                              Ahh, here is my missing posts. With all the banning and posts being deleted, I just assumed it had been deleted.

Sorry mods...

sigpic

Comment

• JRWIZ
                                Banned User
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by tnedator
                                Ahh, here is my missing posts. With all the banning and posts being deleted, I just assumed it had been deleted.

Sorry mods...
                                Glad to be of help

Comment

Working...
                                X