Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I hope so,I would like him to be Cuttlers back up in a few years when Plummer is done..

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    I don't think that Todd counts against us till he comes back. I could be wrong but suspended means he does not exist.

Let me add if he does count against our number then he should be gone.

And while everyone thinks that cutler is the best thing since sliced bread. I'd keep BVP as an insurance policy against Jake getting hurt and being gone for the season.

There is no way I want culter as my only option and not having someone around that knows the playbook.
    Well, listening to a certain coach speak yesterday Cutler already has a pretty good grasp of the playbook. He has had it since April and he is a graduate of Vanderbilt and did not major in basket weaving.

Grasp of the playbook or not, Cutler is already better than BVP is.

I like BVP athletism and think he could still contribute to the team. Just not at the QB position. If he is determined to stay at the QB spot...then he better start packing.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    He didn't look good in camp when I saw him on Monday (although, he did have one good pass play).

I think a trend is developing with BVP.

He's a good athlete, but not a good QB. Other teams were thinking of drafting him before we did, but only if he was willing to learn another position. Since he wasn't, he was left when we made our last pick.

Personally, I think if he doesn't make it this year, he won't be playing anywhere. I don't think it's likely he will be picked up by anyone.

If he really loves football like he says he does, I think he would be better off learning to play safety (ala John Lynch). He's obviously tough, but he lacks the tangibles you need to play QB.

Considering Jay's progress, to answer your question, I think he is making it easy for Shanny to go the 2 QB route again.
    He will NOT play safety..... Not because he doesn't want to but because he is too slow..... He runs a 4.84 40 yard dash. That will not cut it in an NFL secondary and any safeties that are close to that slow have good instincts and have been playing a while. He would have neither. BVP is not a terribly good athlete compared to players at positions other than QB......

He should be on a scout team if he is kept anywhere. Hopefully then we can also stop having discussions every few months on how he should be playing safety or TE, or OLB or some other genious plan out there.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung
    He should be on a scout team if he is kept anywhere. Hopefully then we can also stop having discussions every few months on how he should be playing safety or TE, or OLB or some other genious plan out there.
    At least they are better than the discussions a year ago, and 24 months ago about how he should be the starting QB for the Broncos.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    At least they are better than the discussions a year ago, and 24 months ago about how he should be the starting QB for the Broncos.
    Thanks for reminding me. I think about how some posters wanted BVP to be the starting qb and it just runs chills up and down my spine.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    Thanks for reminding me. I think about how some posters wanted BVP to be the starting qb and it just runs chills up and down my spine.
    Yea, it kind of puts Jakes talents, and lack there of, in perspective.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Parsons wont be on any practice squads

there are at least 2 other teams that want him in camp right now. If they dont give him some playing time in the next couple of games they should do the right thing and release him so he can get an opportunity with a team that wants him. He's a prototypical QB, Tall, good arm, great field presence and able to pick up the playbook quickly. This kid is a diamond in the rough and everytime he gets on the field he impresses. Kubiak knew what he was doing when he picked this guy up. The Broncos are DEEP at QB!! the line up of Jake, Jay and Parsons in my opinion is the deepest most talented at QB in the entire league.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Yea, it kind of puts Jakes talents, and lack there of, in perspective.
    I have always said Jake is good qb, not truely elite (imo) but a good qb that fits our system.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16