Do You Think Van Pelt Will Make The Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheerful
    Banned User
    • Aug 2006

TO be fair to BVP, he didn't have much to work with when he got into the game. No pass protection to speak of.

Also, he wasn't one snap away from being the starter last season for nothing.

That said, he will probably be cut.

Comment

• MileHighMagic07
      Banned User
      • Dec 2003

bvp sucks

thats a joke if he makes the team...

a monkey could do better than he does at qb

GET REAL.. he sucks!

Comment

• anton1287
        be nice or leave, thanks
        • May 2006

NO

cos we dont need his uselessness...

sigpic

Comment

• Beretta
          Practice Squad
          • Jul 2005

He will be our #3 qb either way

If things stay as they are, Parsons will go practice squad and BVP will stay or be the last cut before the regular season based solely on the chances he will get picked up by another team.

If all other teams are set at qb he gets cut with the "stay in shape" speech

If some team might need him, he will stick on the roster and the inactive list until something happens to change the above scenario, gp

Comment

• TXBRONC
            Captain
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Pipes7
            From everything I have read about Cutler is that he is learning the playbook well and is playing well...in his first year.

He is handling the pressure and workload that goes with being #2 on the depth chart in only his first year.

BVP on the other hand has lost his job as the backup and as I have read...looked awful against the Lions third team defense.

I can handle and accept someone having a bad game or making a bad play. What disturbs me the most is what he said after the game though....

about being confused or whatever....

Its the backups to the backups on the FRIEKING LIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I've always kind of liked BVP, but it looks as though Rod's gonna be the emergency quarterback again this year...
            I watched the game and yes BVP was in there against with and against thrid teamers. But that's just it our third teamers played worse than those on the Lions' squad. The one pass that really was bad was the last one in the game. Had BVP been more accurate with it we would have game.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• hilife
              Special Teams
              • Mar 2006

I was never a fan of BVP. I always thought of him as a running QB and not a true QB. Those types never do well in the league. I don't understand how a team can pick up and running QB and think they can teach them everything else and they will be great in the league. That stuff never works that's why I think Vince Young won't be good in the league. Your QB needs to be a pocket passer that can run if he needs too (Elway).
              President Cool

Comment

• armedequation
                cafe official sidekick
                • Aug 2005

sorry byut im so sick of hearing BVP sucks so much and all that junk. BVP has a passion for the game and plays hard. While he may not have all the intangibles of an all star yet, give him a break. I have never heard of him taking a play lightly let alone a practice. All of you people that say that he sucks obviously dont realize how much athletic talent he has.

And for all you CU people...get over it. Im a CSU fan and I hate nebraska more than any other team. I consider wyoming more of a rivalry than CU. Dont hate on Bradlee just because he supports his team
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• topscribe
                  RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by armedequation
                  sorry byut im so sick of hearing BVP sucks so much and all that junk. BVP has a passion for the game and plays hard. While he may not have all the intangibles of an all star yet, give him a break. I have never heard of him taking a play lightly let alone a practice. All of you people that say that he sucks obviously dont realize how much athletic talent he has.

And for all you CU people...get over it. Im a CSU fan and I hate nebraska more than any other team. I consider wyoming more of a rivalry than CU. Dont hate on Bradlee just because he supports his team
                  I'm a CSU fan, too, being from Greeley. (Yes, UNC first, but my cousin played QB for CSU, so it is my favorite Division I team.) I was a BVP fan when he played there, and am still of sorts. But I do not believe is his of NFL caliber as a QB. He might make a terrific safety, but he says he won't go there. So he just might end up going back to CSU for his Master's to do something in civilian life.

-----

Comment

• TXBRONC
                    Captain
                    • Jul 2003

He may have alot of athletic talent but I don't think he's NFL qb. By his own admission he said he hadn't been as focused as he should have been. Maybe if he had been he wouldn't be in the position that he is today.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• broncos_mtnman
                      Are you not entertained?
                      • Oct 2003

You imply that since he plays with heart and is a great athlete, that this means he doesn't "suck."

The history of sports is full of people that have heart. Unfortunately, heart isn't enough. It's full of people with athletic talent. Unfortunately, talent alone isn't enough.

Being a QB in the NFL requires more than "heart" and "athletic talent." It requires the intangilbles that you yourself state he doesn't have (vision, quick decision making, anticipation, poise, etc....)

I like BVP, but that doesn't mean he has the ability to play QB in the NFL, at least not in our type of system.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Dean
                        RIP Darrent & Damien
                        • Nov 2003

In my opinion the roster spot that BVP would occupy could be put to much better use in keeping another reciever, or O-lineman, or D-lineman, or even a return man. IMO there is much greater value in any of those than having a QB that reads defenses and passes poorly.

Comment

• arapaho
                          reserved for losing bet
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by rockrules40
                          Van Pelt looked terrible, granted he was with the 3rd team o-line he still was very inaccurate and he never looks off defenders. So to answer your question no he wont make the team, maybe practice squad if hes lucky.

he looked bad for a while....when he absalutly had zero chance of doing anything...he played with the third string and others who will not even make third string...they gave him no protection whatsoever, no time , no protection,at all.....so of course he didnt look off his defenders, he didn have time to do anything but tuck the ball......but when they changed the schemes giving him more runs and quick passes he did lead them done to tie the game but the ball was dropped

i really dont think we can judge him based on what he did then ...its not fair
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• MN-Broncofreak
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                            You imply that since he plays with heart and is a great athlete, that this means he doesn't "suck."

The history of sports is full of people that have heart. Unfortunately, heart isn't enough. It's full of people with athletic talent. Unfortunately, talent alone isn't enough.

Being a QB in the NFL requires more than "heart" and "athletic talent." It requires the intangilbles that you yourself state he doesn't have (vision, quick decision making, anticipation, poise, etc....)

I like BVP, but that doesn't mean he has the ability to play QB in the NFL, at least not in our type of system.
                            Yeah, and the other piece of it is our punting situation at the beginning of the year. Since we have to carry an extra kicker, I'd rather not keep BVP around if we don't have to. I don't mind the 2 QB thing.
                            Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

• Medford Bronco
                              The Pink Panther
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              After Cutler's good work last night I wonder if Van Pelt can still hang on and make the 53 man roster. I realize there is still plenty of preseason football left so there is time for him rebound. But do you think if Cutler continues to progress at the rate he's going now that Shanahan might just go with two qbs?

Personally I'm not comfortable with how BVP would handle the team if pressed into duty should Plummer and Cutler go down with an injury. But I'm even less comfortable with handing the reins over to someone who has never seen Shanahan's playbook before.

What do you all think?

Only if they keep 3 QBs, otherwise he is as good as gone.
                              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• MindField
                                Banned User
                                • Nov 2005

No

BVP is toast....he still, after three seasons, looks like he knows nothing about the
                                fine points of being an NFL QB. Plus the Broncos have to carry extra kickers in the wake of Sauerbrun's suspension.

Comment

Working...
                                X