Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Brandon Marshall --sprained knee-'slight tear'

MARSHALL INJURY 'SLIGHT TEAR' OF PCL
    Practice began two hours earlier than scheduled on Sunday, and it commenced without wide receiver Brandon Marshall. Further examination of his sprained knee revealed a 'slight tear' of the posterior cruciate ligament.

"He should be back in a couple of weeks," Shanahan said.

Marshall joins fellow fourth-round rookie receiver Domenik Hixon on the sidelines; Hixon has battled foot problems and has not taken the field for a full practice since joining the Broncos on the draft's second day.

"(You can't) worry about a thing you have no control over," Shanahan said. "(Marshall) is going to have to do his darndest to get back into shape, but he's done a great job.

"He's had 30 practices, so he's got a good feel for the system, and hopefully he can get back very quickly and get ready for that last preseason game (at Arizona on Aug. 31) and the regular season."

------------------------

What.......the.........heck..........Denver......P ost.......you........guys......suck.........

Well, Kircus pretty much has a spot guaranteed now. We're still pretty solid 1-4.

Unhappy

damn, that sucks, but if the info is accurate, it could be a whole lot worse-- it's always scary when a guy gets a knee injury, and i was honestly afraid we would find out that he tore something. . . . if he's really back for the end of the pre-season, he should still be able to be a solid contributor for us this year. . . . it sucks ass to see a promising young player get hurt, but at least we have some depth at receiver this year. . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

this really bites
    [IMG]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/1999/weekly/990111/drz/pf011102.jpg[/IMG]
    "Little Pads. Big Hits. Huge heart." - tnedator
    [IMG]http://i.eurosport.fr/2006/02/05/248914-804709-320-238.jpg[/IMG]
    This play is the reason I'm a [B]DENVER BRONCOS[/B] fan

Well this BLOWS,forget about that guy now

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedBronco

whoa, whoa. . . . it said he'll be back before the start of the season, don't freak out man! it's hardly time to say forget about him because he's going to miss a few pre-season games. . . . .

oh darn. Thank god it wasnt any worse.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

Why?

Reading between the lines it is clear that Marshall has made the team. Read the last line of Shanahan's quote...

"(You can't) worry about a thing you have no control over," Shanahan said. "(Marshall) is going to have to do his darndest to get back into shape, but he's done a great job.

"He's had 30 practices, so he's got a good feel for the system, and hopefully he can get back very quickly and get ready for that last preseason game (at Arizona on Aug. 31) and the regular season."

When it is all said and done Brandon Marshall will make the roster this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    whoa, whoa. . . . it said he'll be back before the start of the season, don't freak out man! it's hardly time to say forget about him because he's going to miss a few pre-season games. . . . .
    I now he'll be back,but i'm scared,look what happen to DUKE,Just hope he can get back soon.........

I'm glad it wasn't anything serious.

In an indirect way, this brings the competition for the #3 spot down to Watts and Kircus.

I hope that didn't sound heartless, but with something like this, it's good to know we have two quality guys fighting it out for the #3 spot.

Get well soon, Brandon.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    I'm glad it wasn't anything serious.

In an indirect way, this brings the competition for the #3 spot down to Watts and Kircus.

I hope that didn't sound heartless, but with something like this, it's good to know we have two quality guys fighting it out for the #3 spot.

Get well soon, Brandon.

hey!! stop trying to hijack the damn thread with all this jake bashing. . . . . oh wait!

seriously though, you're probably right that watts and kirkus will compete for the #3, and terrell still has an outside shot. . . . i do expect watts to start the season as #3, but i wouldn't be surprised if marshall takes it away from him at some point. . . . either way, i think we'll probably see some of all of them based on down-and-distance, formation, and other game situations. . . . for example, watts or kirkus will probably be used when we want to spread the field with 3 or 4 wide, but marshall or even terrell could be more likely to be used in red zone situations, or say 3rd-and-medium where you need more of a possesion guy. . . . in any case, it's definitely nice to have some depth and some diversity this year. . . .

I now he'll be back,but i'm scared,look what happen to DUKE,Just hope he can get back soon.........
    Duke tore his ACL...again.

It was the 4th time I believe he tore it. It was obvious his knee will keep him out of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    hey!! stop trying to hijack the damn thread with all this jake bashing. . . . . oh wait!

seriously though, you're probably right that watts and kirkus will compete for the #3, and terrell still has an outside shot. . . . i do expect watts to start the season as #3, but i wouldn't be surprised if marshall takes it away from him at some point. . . . either way, i think we'll probably see some of all of them based on down-and-distance, formation, and other game situations. . . . for example, watts or kirkus will probably be used when we want to spread the field with 3 or 4 wide, but marshall or even terrell could be more likely to be used in red zone situations, or say 3rd-and-medium where you need more of a possesion guy. . . . in any case, it's definitely nice to have some depth and some diversity this year. . . .
    David Terrell never once crossed my mind when creating this thread...and he hasn't for a while now. Did he even play in the last game? I don't remember hearing his name.

Now that I think about it though, it'd be really nice if Marshall can come back full strength so they don't have to carry dead weight...if you know what I mean. It sounds like DT talked himself out of a roster spot, or at least he tried to. He said he wants "to play" and he doesn't want to sit on the bench. I'm sure he meant that he wants to be the no. 3 guy, but I'm not seein' it right now.

Hopefully Brian Clark explodes in his returning role so I won't even have to worry about it...worry, heh, I mean think about it...whatever.

[QUOTE=WABronco]David Terrell never once crossed my mind when creating this thread...and he hasn't for a while now. Did he even play in the last game? I don't remember hearing his name.

he did play....he got one carry at running back for a 10 yard gain
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos86
    he did play....he got one carry at running back for a 10 yard gain
    It was a reverse that got him that 10 yards. He looked pretty good on it, but I still wished he caught a ball or two

Ok, how much PT did he get then? Was he on for like the entire second half?