Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it true that Bronco's let a backup start a preseason game?

I sure hope so. I want Cutler in there for the whole game!
    Last edited by Javalon; 08-16-2006 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    what??

Last edited by Javalon; 08-16-2006 at 04:27 PM.
    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    what??

I heard on KOA that Denver starts a backup in a preseason game. I might have heard wrong.

If that is the case I want Cutler in for the whole game. I would love to see his numbers. It makes me sick to my stomach that the Titans did not draft him!

I want to see Floyd Reese's face when Cutler and Denver kicks the Titans butt!

I talked with Jay before the draft and he thought he was going to be a Titan and wanted to be one. They worked him out 4 times. If it was not for the idiot owner Bud Adams we would have Jay.

I like Denver and I think it is a good fit for him. You just have to understand I have been a Jay fan for over four years.

This is a HUGE game for people here in Nashville! There are a lot of Cutler fan's here who wanted him to go to the Titans.

They are calling it the Jay vs Vince game!

I want to see it because of all the people who said that Jay was not the best QB of the three. Hince Mel Kiper. Jay has always wanted to compete against Leinert and Young but never got his shot. He was there at the combine where were they?

Now he gets to show what he can do!!
    Last edited by cutlerfan; 08-14-2006 at 08:20 AM.

The second stringers typically start the last game of the preseason, but they don't play the whole game.

I'm afraid if you want to see Cutler play a whole game, you'll have to wait until the regular season...maybe 2008.
    http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/milehighkoala.png

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Quote Originally Posted by twotone

I'm afraid if you want to see Cutler play a whole game, you'll have to wait until the regular season...maybe 2008.
    No way is Plummer still the starter next year.

The only way for him to hold his job is if he either wins, or makes it to the SB.
    Go Huskers.

According to today's Post the starters are going to play the whole 1st quarter and possibly into the 2nd on Saturday. Still plenty of time to see Jay though.

The starters will get more time on the field as the season gets closer.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick7

The only way for him to hold his job is if he either wins, or makes it to the SB.
    You're right on the money...

That's not the only way Plummer starts next year. We first have to see how Cutler does in the remainder of preseason, and then it will depend on how Plummer plays all year.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

That may be...but it's not so much the topic of the thread. There are plenty of places for you guys to argue about who will be starting for the remainder of the year.
    http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/milehighkoala.png

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    That's not the only way Plummer starts next year. We first have to see how Cutler does in the remainder of preseason, and then it will depend on how Plummer plays all year.
    I honestly think that if Plummer screws up, and we head into week 10 with a 3-6, 4-5, or 5-4 record -- that we could see Cutler start as early as that

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    I honestly think that if Plummer screws up, and we head into week 10 with a 3-6, 4-5, or 5-4 record -- that we could see Cutler start as early as that
    I agree with that. 5-4, not sure, 4-5 or 3-6, and I think there is a real good chance that Cutler gets in. Even if Plummer played awesome in the first nine games, but we lost for other reasons, once you start to lose a realistic shot at the playoffs, you have to work on your future. At this point, Cutler appears to be the future.

I simply don't think that going to the SB is the only way Plummer starts again next year. I think it has more to do with what Cutler shows. If he proves to be inconsistant, going 19-22 one game and 10-22 with a couple picks the next, and so on, then it will be less likely that he starts next year unless Jake has a real bad year.

I simply believe it will come down to which QB Shanahan thinks will give him the best chance of winning it all next year.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

The thing is, Plummer isn't going to progress by much anymore. I honestly think he was at his peak last year. I think he'll have one, MAYBE two seasons like that, again.

If we can't make it to the Superbowl this year. Drastic changes will have to be made. Plummer has all the weapons in the world. He has two Pro-Bowl WR's, an impressive rookie and former pro bowl TE, two RB's capable of rushing for 1,000 yards, and one of the best OL's in the league.

There isn't much else that we can give him. Unless it's the case where our D isn't up to par this year. That's the only way Plummer can keep his job and not make it to the SB; if our D sucks.

The only other drastic change, is to switch QB's.

Part of me doesn't want to see Jake go, either. I don't want him to go start for another team. I don't see him standing for it if we start Cutler next year, though. I guess we'll have to see next year.

The QB race is gonna be on next year.
    Go Huskers.

Editing original quote

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    I'm like you. I loved the look on Floyd Reese's face Saturday nite when they kept showing him. I didn't see a smile. You know he knew what Jay had done the nite before, and there was Young out there actually making me laugh. He even threw the ole Ainge pass his last play. It wasn't his ankle hurt. It was hit pride.
    Last edited by Javalon; 08-16-2006 at 04:27 PM.

If the past holds true, then cuttler will be starting the last preseason game. We normally hold are for sure starters out of the last game. I really hope this happens!

Damn hollywood for STILL not making it to the cards camp, I really wanted to see all 3 1st round QBs play this year but if linehart (sp?) doesnt get there soon they will have to move on without him atleast through the pre season.
    2014 adopt a Bronco #63 Ben Garland