Hybrid View

Bronco Training Camp today 081506

Well guys I went to Bronco Training camp today and there were some interesting things done and some people that have changed positions...

Starting out with Tatum Bell. Mike and Tatum are still splitting time behind the first team. Tatum is now coming out with an attitude of wanting to be the #1 back. He looks like he has a new purpose in mind on most of the plays he is in on.
    He has such acceleration speed when he sees a hole in the line and when he is through there is no one that is going to catch him. He also had a screen that looked really good in which he caught the ball and made some good yardage. There was another time when the play broke down and Jake threw Tatum a sideline pass and he caught it with his hands and then put it away.
    Tatum actually looks a lot bigger then he was last year, but has not lost any speed. He actually is falling forward when being tackled and hangs on to the ball extremely well. I saw him blocking and it also looks like he has improved on that. I think with Mike S. naming Mike Bell as a starter, it has lit a fire under Tatum and he is trying to get that #1 position.

Mike Bell though looked really good and does not look like he wants to give up the position very easily. He does not have the speed of Tatum but he sees that holes very well and has that acceleration that once he gets to the hole he is going full speed. I actually saw him running away from Al Wilson and Wilson giving chase. He is getting hit like crazy by safeties, linebackers and lineman, trying to strip or jar the ball loose but so far he has not put it on the ground again.
    Mike caught a pass out of the backfield today and looked pretty good doing it.

Kyle Johnson seems to also have taken exception to the depth chart and is working very hard. He caught several passes out of the backfield and he is also doing a pretty well in the blocking department. Did not see Cecil at all today, he may be still injured or I might have missed him.

Javon Walker seemed to be bothered by something today. I saw two misses that he should have caught. He does not look hurt at all.

Darrent Williams never ceases to amaze. He has such recover speed even when he has taken a bad read on the receivers. I saw him totally get beat today, but he came back and deflected the ball. He seems to take everything very personal. If someone catches the ball on his side of the field in front of him. He claps his hands together and pumps his fist in the other hand and looks upset that the receiver caught the pass in front of him.

John Lynch looks bigger than I remember him from last year. He is such a smart palyer and that helps out everyone.

Ron Dayne and Brandon Williams sat out practice this morning.

Guess what??? David Kircus was running with first team and still was able to burn the first team defense many times. Remember the double moves Eddie M. would make to get open. Kircus used one of the these movers this morning. He acted like he was going to do a slant and then accelerated to get a long pass that ended in a touchdown.
    I actually saw him burn Champ Bailey a couple of times. One move was just a button hook, but he acted like it was going to be an "out" pattern.

Very few balls were thrown to Charlie Adams. The three that were thown to him, he dropped two of them. No real consistency there. He is just not having a real good Training Camp
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Thanks, B4E. Reports have been kind of scarce lately.

-----

Dayne's out w/ a "Sore Toe" last I heard.
    This isn't doing anything to boost him on the depth charts, but seeing as how I'm rooting for the Bells, it's kinda good news to me.

Kircus impressed me during the preseason game, I really hope he pans out well.

A few other things I noticed...

Karl Pamah made a big play today in going up for a bomb to David Kircus and swatted the ball away...

DJ Williams missed a perfect interception. It hit him in the hands... Why is it that we can get the fastest linebackers but they cannot catch the ball, except for Ian Gold.

Paul Ernster kicked some really good kicks in a special teams drill. He had great hang tiime and there were some deep balls.

Cutler looked good but had some high passes that no one could catch because of the velocity on ball thrown.

Run Defense looked a whole lot better in the scrimmage they had 11 on 11.

It is late, so I am going to bed. If I remember more I will post more tomorrow.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Quote Originally Posted by broncos4ever

Karl Pamah made a big play today in going up for a bomb to David Kircus and swatted the ball away...

DJ Williams missed a perfect interception. It hit him in the hands... Why is it that we can get the fastest linebackers but they cannot catch the ball, except for Ian Gold.

Paul Ernster kicked some really good kicks in a special teams drill. He had great hang tiime and there were some deep balls.

Cutler looked good but had some high passes that no one could catch because of the velocity on ball thrown.

Hey now there most important job is to crush running backs, qbs and just plain make like miserable for the opposition. My adoptee will be there when we need him.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Yeah like Jav said, that's why he's on defense. If he could catch he'd probably make a bad ass FB (where he started out) or TE because of his speed.

I'm really excited about all the talent we have WR. It seems like they are always battling and rotating to see is going to be #3. It's also good to know that if one gets hurt (Marshall) someone else is ready to step up and take the persons place and play just as well into they get back. Who knows they way things are looking if somebody gets hurt there spot is gone cause they others are just too good to demote back down to #4

Because they're so buff that their arms can't come together that well.

Starting out with Tatum Bell. Mike and Tatum are still splitting time behind the first team. Tatum is now coming out with an attitude of wanting to be the #1 back. He looks like he has a new purpose in mind on most of the plays he is in on.

He has such acceleration speed when he sees a hole in the line and when he is through there is no one that is going to catch him. He also had a screen that looked really good in which he caught the ball and made some good yardage. There was another time when the play broke down and Jake threw Tatum a sideline pass and he caught it with his hands and then put it away.
    Tatum actually looks a lot bigger then he was last year, but has not lost any speed. He actually is falling forward when being tackled and hangs on to the ball extremely well. I saw him blocking and it also looks like he has improved on that. I think with Mike S. naming Mike Bell as a starter, it has lit a fire under Tatum and he is trying to get that #1 position.
    You know, Tatum's receiving is one thing I've really noticed this preseason. Admittedly just from the one preseason game and highlights (which tend to exclude lowlights), Tatum seems to really be catching that ball with confidence. Last year he seemed so tentative that I expected him to drop each pass. But now it looks like he's really plucking those balls out of the air. What a dangerous weapon he'll be if he can be consistent in this department.

I have to admit that I haven't really noticed his pass blocking. I hope he's improved a lot here as well. I'm glad Tatum is taking Mike Bell's promotion the right way and not pouting about it.

Very few balls were thrown to Charlie Adams. The three that were thown to him, he dropped two of them. No real consistency there. He is just not having a real good Training Camp
    Adams has not impressed me for some time. If anybody can outplay him as a kick/punt returner, I feel fairly confident he'll be moving on. We just have too many good, young prospects right now.

I know what you mean. On the other hand, they are on defense for a reason.

Good stuff, B4E. Thanks for the report!
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Thanks again B4E we always appreciate when those who have access to camp report back to us.

The one part I would like to focus on in your report is T. Bell. Its really good to here that he's now seems like a man with fire in his bell. It also looks like we have serious dog fight going on between the Bell boys, sounds like both are eager to be the "stud buffalo". Cool.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Well guys I went to Bronco Training camp today and there were some interesting things done and some people that have changed positions...

Mike Bell though looked really good and does not look like he wants to give up the position very easily. He does not have the speed of Tatum but he sees that holes very well and has that acceleration that once he gets to the hole he is going full speed. I actually saw him running away from Al Wilson and Wilson giving chase. He is getting hit like crazy by safeties, linebackers and lineman, trying to strip or jar the ball loose but so far he has not put it on the ground again.

Kyle Johnson seems to also have taken exception to the depth chart and is working very hard. He caught several passes out of the backfield and he is also doing a pretty well in the blocking department. Did not see Cecil at all today, he may be still injured or I might have missed him.

Javon Walker seemed to be bothered by something today. I saw two misses that he should have caught. He does not look hurt at all.

Darrent Williams never ceases to amaze. He has such recover speed even when he has taken a bad read on the receivers. I saw him totally get beat today, but he came back and deflected the ball. He seems to take everything very personal. If someone catches the ball on his side of the field in front of him. He claps his hands together and pumps his fist in the other hand and looks upset that the receiver caught the pass in front of him.

John Lynch looks bigger than I remember him from last year. He is such a smart palyer and that helps out everyone.

Guess what??? David Kircus was running with first team and still was able to burn the first team defense many times. Remember the double moves Eddie M. would make to get open. Kircus used one of the these movers this morning. He acted like he was going to do a slant and then accelerated to get a long pass that ended in a touchdown.
    I actually saw him burn Champ Bailey a couple of times. One move was just a button hook, but he acted like it was going to be an "out" pattern.

First off, thanks for posting this...cp to ya.

Second...thanks for the great news on Tater

Third...thanks for the Paymah tidbit, he intrigues me...we have a butt-load of talent at cb

Forth...I have to disagree with you about C.Adams not being consistant...he dropped 2 out of 3....that's pretty consistant just not good

Thanks for the report!

I too think it is nice to hear that Tatum is trying a lot harder and playing with more of a purpose than he used to. Having Mike Bell being the starter and just naming him the starter will make Tatum work harder and harder if he wants it bad enough and that will only make him better.

About your comment on Adams, I think this guy is gonna be cut. He never really contributed last year and hasn't improved and is being outplayed by almost everyone else. Its not that hard to find someone to replace him at returning kicks, which he wasn't even very good at last year.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley