Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What the...?

What the...?

Broncos | Nash moving up depth chart
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:13:28 -0700

Mike Klis, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos RB Damien Nash has moved up to No. 3 on the depth chart at running back ahead of RB Cedric Cobbs.
    Errrrr.

Ron Dayne? Anyone? Dayne?

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Errrrr.

Ron Dayne? Anyone? Dayne?
    Who is that?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede
    Who is that?
    Damn...

If this report is right, adios Ron Dayne. Nice knowin' ya...

Damn...

I dont think we would have re-signed him this offseason and gave him all that money if he wasnt in our plans for 06.

But then again, Im not a GM so take my opinion for what its worth, and if its worth alot to anybody, contact me for a paypal address. =)

Either Dayne's been stinkin' it up badly or Nash is lighting up. From Inside TC, Nash looked pretty fast. This RB battle keeps getting more interesting.

**EDIT**
    Ok I just read that it was because Dayne is out with his toe injury so Nash moved up to that #3 spot.

With Ron Dayne out this week with a toe injury, recently acquired Damien Nash has occasionally stepped ahead of Cedric Cobbs at third-team running back.
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4187170
    Last edited by BayAreaBronco; 08-16-2006 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaBronco
    Either Dayne's been stinkin' it up badly or Nash is lighting up. From Inside TC, Nash looked pretty fast. This RB battle keeps getting more interesting.

**EDIT**
    Ok I just read that it was because Dayne is out with his toe injury so Nash moved up to that #3 spot.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4187170
    Now it makes sense

I was wondering what was wrong with Dayne.

I saw him in civies during the NFL Network coverage of Broncos training camp

Well he's out with a toe injury does this quailfy him for being injury prone?

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

I dont think we would have re-signed him this offseason and gave him all that money if he wasnt in our plans for 06.

But then again, Im not a GM so take my opinion for what its worth, and if its worth alot to anybody, contact me for a paypal address. =)
    Well seeing that Dayne was re-signed to a 3rd stringer contract for peebles I don't think a contract for 3 years for 3 mil is a lot of money. His signing bonus is like $750,000 or something. So cutting him wouldn't hurt us finicially much if at all. Hopefully he comes back from this toe injury, but he hasn't exactly been lighting it up on the field or in training camp anyway so it really doesn't matter.

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

All that money. I was under the impression he was making less than a million a year, or something in that range. The kind of money backup linemen make.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Damn...

I guess the Dayne group wont be showing up anymore for sure if this is true.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    All that money. I was under the impression he was making less than a million a year, or something in that range. The kind of money backup linemen make.
    Yea but still, Im sure he got a signing bonus of some sort, so why would you give him that money only to cut him a couple months later. Of course Im only speculating but that wouldnt seem like a smart way to handle money.

Dayne's Contract

He's making $600,000.00 this year in salary.

He may have bonuses in his contract but as the 3rd string back he won't hit them. If he has fallen below that or doesn't make the team, he keeps his $750,000 signing bonus, and gets paid for his training camp time (prorated) but doesn't get his annual salary.

That's all I know...hope it helps.

Also, just a side note...a toe injury for a guy that does too much dancing in the backfield might not be a bad thing.

Question

It still doesn't make sense to me. Cobb IMO played very well last week. I thought that he might well move up on the depth chart. Instead, he has been de-moted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    It still doesn't make sense to me. Cobb IMO played very well last week. I thought that he might well move up on the depth chart. Instead, he has been de-moted.
    He did... he took Dayne's 3 spot after the injury and game, but then subsequently lost it during camp to a great performance by Nash. That's why it said Nash took over the 3rd spot from Cobbs.