Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What the...?

Dayne will be cut or Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty
    Not after signing a new deal not but a few months ago.

Sure. Mike Bell is doing good, so let's cut all the rest of them. Or Tatum bell or cobbs or whatever.

We need depth, Dayne would provide solid depth.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Lorcust
    Not after signing a new deal not but a few months ago.

Sure. Mike Bell is doing good, so let's cut all the rest of them. Or Tatum bell or cobbs or whatever.

We need depth, Dayne would provide solid depth.
    Shanny will go down in flames with his "stud buffalo" (Mike Bell) at his side...and only Mike Bell.

/obvious sarcasm alert

Have you seen Nash run? From the training camp I saw on NFLN, he looked like he hit the hole VERY quickly and ran with alot of power. Nash has got skills, but out of college he had character issues and reported to Titans camp 10lbs overweight which led to him being cut. Maybe he can get his act together here and be a good backup? He looks good though...

I've never been sold on Ron Dayne. Regardless if he was in the same type of zone blocking scheme in college, IMO he just doesn't have the power or speed to be anything special for us. I'll go on record as saying that this will be his final few weeks in Denver. The Bell boys are really stepping it up, Cedric Cobbs looked good agains the Lions, and Nash is obviously doing something right and I believe he could do well here. I don't see us keeping Dayne....
    Last edited by PLUMMERFAN16; 08-16-2006 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty
    Dayne can't be put on the practice squad. You can only go on in your first two years, or in the third if you have played in less than a certain number of games (three or so I think).
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

There must be some bad blood between cobbs and shanahan. Its quite strange that he was passed on the depth chart by a young guy whos only been on the team for a couple of weeks even after his good performance in the 1st preseason game.

Uh, or the fact that Dayne was garbage to begin with as I've been saying since Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    Uh, or the fact that Dayne was garbage to begin with as I've been saying since Day 1.
    Notice that most of the Dayne train has been MIA for awhile since Mike Bell was named the starter.

My guess is that as soon as new Dayne information making him look good comes out, if it does, then the herd will pounce out faster than Koren Robinson can down a heineken.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Lorcust
    Notice that most of the Dayne train has been MIA for awhile since Mike Bell was named the starter.

My guess is that as soon as new Dayne information making him look good comes out, if it does, then the herd will pounce out faster than Koren Robinson can down a heineken.
    Ahhhh, is that the peacful silence, but rarely puncuated by a scream of "Jake Sucks," that I have been hearing for the last week. Yes, silence is Golden...

Updated: Aug. 16, 2006, 7:06 PM ET
    Turf toe may keep Broncos RB Dayne on sideline for preseason game
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...denver+broncos
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

First off...I like all of our backs, but lean towards being a Tater-apologist.

I do like Dayne though. He pretty much won two games for us last year.

Yes, he does dance on occasion...and isn't the greatest short yardage/goalline back---for being such a big guy.

But I am getting really sick of hearing all of this...."he played in a zone-blocking scheme in college".....who gives a ****!!!! That was quite a while ago and you can put just about any somewhat talented back in Denver's system and he will succeed....whether he's played in a zone scheme before or not!!!

Him playing for Wisconsin in college is not going to keep him here...his play will decide if he stays or not.

If he does get cut, he does have a couple of other opportunities available though....

He can try out to be a contestant on Dancing with the Stars or So you think you can dance.

What happen to all the Dayne Fans??

Quote Originally Posted by P-NUT33
    What happen to all the Dayne Fans??
    They went into hiding, until something positive about Dayne comes around.

You know, like the Patriots fans did until Pittsburgh beat us.

Since then they have mostly been a plague to broncomania. (The patriot fans)

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Pipes7
    But I am getting really sick of hearing all of this...."he played in a zone-blocking scheme in college".....who gives a ****!!!! That was quite a while ago and you can put just about any somewhat talented back in Denver's system and he will succeed....whether he's played in a zone scheme before or not!!!

Him playing for Wisconsin in college is not going to keep him here...his play will decide if he stays or not.
    So, your saying you would like to see him do something in this millenium, rather continue to hear about what he did in the last one? Maybe he was affected by a Y2K bug that effected his abilty to run.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    So, your saying you would like to see him do something in this millenium, rather continue to hear about what he did in the last one? Maybe he was affected by a Y2K bug that effected his abilty to run.

I know you're joking and everything, but don't get me wrong...I do like Dayne, I just get tired of the whole zone blocking thing...I couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipes7
    I know you're joking and everything, but don't get me wrong...I do like Dayne, I just get tired of the whole zone blocking thing...I couldn't care less.
    Especially since a lot of colleges run some kind of zone blocking scheme.