Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Number 3 WR?

Number 3 WR?

Looks like the Kircus Circus locked it up, eh?

After his poor performance the other night? No thanks. Which is also why he's currently listed #5 on the depth chart still.

No, Kircus isnt number 3. I say we trade for Branch and Make him number 3, and then cut him after we win the superbowl. Since his contract will expire next year anyway, no cap penalty.
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

Probably Kircus....

But I don't feel any better about this spot than I did last year........This atory is getting old. Hopefully somone can step legitimately.....On the field....In the regular season......Not just through the coaches lip service and propaganda. The Broncos have not had a 3rd guy since Shanahan has been here. Except I guess Willie Green. I think it's time we start holding the coaches a little bit accountable for this. They have yet to develope a young guy who can step in if some thing happens to the starters. The way a Olandis Gary or Mike Anderson did for the RB position.

BTW, CB Broncos fan I do miss her!

I'm sure they'll be fine.....

.....between Kircus/Terrell/Marshall....

.....that looks better than it has in the last 4 years......
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak

Definitely... It's funny how at the beginning of the offseason we were in a situation where we NEEDED a few WRs, and now we don't really have room for one... But that's football for ya

I hope your right

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak

I would like to see it before I believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed
    But I don't feel any better about this spot than I did last year........This atory is getting old. Hopefully somone can step legitimately.....On the field....In the regular season......Not just through the coaches lip service and propaganda. The Broncos have not had a 3rd guy since Shanahan has been here. Except I guess Willie Green. I think it's time we start holding the coaches a little bit accountable for this. They have yet to develope a young guy who can step in if some thing happens to the starters. The way a Olandis Gary or Mike Anderson did for the RB position.

BTW, CB Broncos fan I do miss her!
    Okay, need I remind you that in 1996 Denver's top four receivers were: Ed McCaffrey, Anthony Miller, Rod Smith & Mike Sherrard.

Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    Looks like the Kircus Circus locked it up, eh?
    I doubt it. Some will depend on whether Marshall is 100% and plays well this Thursday.

Kircus I believe dropped the only ball thrown his way on Sunday.

Since Watts has fallen off the face of the earth again, their doesn't seem to be a clear winner.

Right now, I would expect to see more of Scheffler in the slot, than using a true 3rd WR, until Marshal is healthy and producing.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Marshall just returned to practice this week, I wouldn't write him off.

Beyond that, Watts is the one I would want if he could consistantly catch the ball.

He has everything you want in a 3rd receiver... everything but consistant hands.

Marshall has the freakish athleticism, but I don't know if he has the speed to be the slot receiver.

Kircus had a bad showing, but has had a pretty good camp overall.

If it wasn't for Marshall's injury my money would be on him.
    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

it does look like kirkus will start the season as the #3-- i'm really not sure what happened to watts, i barely saw him during the last game. . . . in any case, i have a feeling that brandon marshall will lock the position up by the end of the season, assuming that he recovers fully from his surgery and can get back on the field in the next few weeks. . . . speaking of which, has anyone heard any further news?
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Watts is by far my favorite for no. 3.

Howeva! Scheffler is looking like such a weapon that we might want to keep on the field as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Bronco Fan
    No, Kircus isnt number 3. I say we trade for Branch and Make him number 3, and then cut him after we win the superbowl. Since his contract will expire next year anyway, no cap penalty.
    Given the Pats aren't really interested in trading him (current price is 2 first rounders IIRC), I really would find that a pretty bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    I doubt it. Some will depend on whether Marshall is 100% and plays well this Thursday.

Kircus I believe dropped the only ball thrown his way on Sunday.

Since Watts has fallen off the face of the earth again, their doesn't seem to be a clear winner.

Right now, I would expect to see more of Scheffler in the slot, than using a true 3rd WR, until Marshal is healthy and producing.

guess you guys answered my question about marshall-- sweet!! and you're right, i did notice that we were flexing chef out wide in the slot quite a bit sunday night. . . . i'm excited about the kid, i hope he can improve his blocking to the point that he can start full time, because he offers so much more than alexander in the passing game. . . . i'm also interested to see whether we keep jackson or mean mr. mustard as the third TE-- obviously they're pretty much opposites in what they bring to the table. . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Watts is by far my favorite for no. 3.

Howeva! Scheffler is looking like such a weapon that we might want to keep on the field as much as possible.
    Based on how they used Scheffler the last two games (exclusively slot in Tenn, exclusively over a tackle in Texas - might have been in the slot once or twice), I think that you are right, and Scheff will be on the field a lot.

I think that when they go traditional two TE, he lines up over a tackle, or next to Alexander. When they go three WR, he is the slot receiver. This could change when his blocking improves to the point they think he can start completely over Alexander at TE and/or when Marshall looks good enough to be the permanent slot guy.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt