View Poll Results: Who will take on the challenge and run the best tonight?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Bell

30 42.86%
  • Tatum Bell

21 30.00%
  • Cedric Cobbs

19 27.14%
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    #1, you are sorely mistaken if all starters played the first quarter of the 4th pre seaosn game, there might be a starting CB or LB in there here and there, but that hardly makes it a starting Defense.

#2, i agree Denvers back-ups looked solid, they have all season but the first team still has yet to impress me on any drive that i have seen.

#3 Your worshipping a QB that plays agaisnt 2nd team defenses, tonight he see some first team D, but was far from impressive IMO with it. Towards the end of the first quarter when the subs on the Ari. D started coming in, he did hit somebody on a bomb, but without that he had nothing to show for in the first quarter. But Lienert was much more imprssive, and looks like he will be better. He comes into TC late, misses a pre season games and picks up just being outstanding. Yet i was sorly dissapointed Lienert didnt get more action seeming Warner should i have been resting. I think everyone still preaching Cutler will be the best QB out of this draft should watch Lienert with as much intense as they do Cutler. I believe if you look for every little thing he does right, like you do with Jay, you will see how ready he is for the NFL.

The cardinals did play their starters for the 1st qtr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco T
    The cardinals did play their starters for the 1st qtr.
    No they didnt, actually the D isnt like the offense. You just dont all of sudden put in a new team. You sub them in gradually working the starters off the field. So with abotu 4 mins left in first quarter they were in the middle of the subs, so its not a full team D.

No Berry or Adrian Wilson on that drive if im recalling correctly. Those are just two guys off the Ari. D that were sitting. Im sure there are more, but those two guys are the most noticable.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Im not too familiar with their D but I noticed AZ offense in for the 1st qtr. Warner and Boldin ripped apart the Broncs secondary. Edge only played a couple series though.

I can't wait for next week.
    The Broncos look great again.
    [IMG]http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CALI11612110238_thumbnail.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/65x90/7232.jpg[/IMG] RIP Darrent Williams
    You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco T
    Im not too familiar with their D but I noticed AZ offense in for the 1st qtr. Warner and Boldin ripped apart the Broncs secondary. Edge only played a couple series though.
    yeah, i was surprised by that, but thier D was subbing and so was some of thier O. But they left Leinert and Boldin in for a while. Fitz didnt play much and niether did alot of thier O line, but i dont think it makes a difference with thier line.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Chief haters! Why do you feel that it is needed to come and spend your anti-bronco propaganda? Envy is a deadly sin! Let's see you put up some hard facts when you talk broncos, not IMO. Jay is going to be all over you guys for a long time and it's just eating you up ain't it? Anyway how is your rookie class looking?
    The Chiefs are in big trouble this year, and that's not just IMO.

WR 81 A.Boldin - Starter
    LT 75 L.Davis - Starter
    LG 74 R.Wells - Starter
    C 71 A.Stepanovich - Starter
    RG 67 Mi.Brown - Starter
    RT 72 B.Gorin - Don't even see him listed on the depth chart
    TE 89 A.Bergen - 2nd string
    TE 82 L.Pope - 3rd string
    WR 11 L.Fitzgerald - Starter
    QB 13 K.Warner - Starter
    RB 32 E.James - Starter

Defense
    DE 56 C.Okeafor - Starter
    NT 70 K.Clancy - Starter
    UT 90 D.Dockett - Starter
    DE 94 A.Smith - 2nd String
    SLB 97 C.Pace - 2nd String
    MLB 54 G.Hayes - 2nd String
    WLB 57 O.Huff - Starter
    LCB 21 A.Rolle - Starter
    SS 24 A.Wilson - Starter
    FS 34 R.Griffith - Starter
    RCB 27 D.Macklin - Starter

3 players on either side of the ball are not listed as the regular starters. THAT is playing against the starters.

And other than a normal rotation (ie: defensive line rotation like the Broncos do, the people who started the game played the entire first quarter. With one or two exceptions... ie: I think Wilson came out after the 2nd series.

So yes, Cutler, and Mike Bell did what they did for at least 2 series against the starters.

source nfl.com gamebook
    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

#1, you are sorely mistaken if all starters played the first quarter of the 4th pre seaosn game, there might be a starting CB or LB in there here and there, but that hardly makes it a starting Defense.

#2, i agree Denvers back-ups looked solid, they have all season but the first team still has yet to impress me on any drive that i have seen.

#3 Your worshipping a QB that plays agaisnt 2nd team defenses, tonight he see some first team D, but was far from impressive IMO with it. Towards the end of the first quarter when the subs on the Ari. D started coming in, he did hit somebody on a bomb, but without that he had nothing to show for in the first quarter. But Lienert was much more imprssive, and looks like he will be better. He comes into TC late, misses a pre season games and picks up just being outstanding. Yet i was sorly dissapointed Lienert didnt get more action seeming Warner should i have been resting. I think everyone still preaching Cutler will be the best QB out of this draft should watch Lienert with as much intense as they do Cutler. I believe if you look for every little thing he does right, like you do with Jay, you will see how ready he is for the NFL.

#1-350 I don't think we can take your opinion because you didn't pay attention to the game.

You think they should have kept Lienert in and gave him more time when he goes out of the game with a shoulder injury? That sounds like a good idea! Lets play our injured future QB to see if we can make the injury more permanent!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncofan-13
    I feel ya on that, brother. Im down in mannheim. this sucks.
    sister

please tell me, that the int yesterday was only Jay´s fault :shake:
    Í´m still so nervous, Nate couldn´t make the roaster :nailbitingsmilie:
    [img]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9976/natemaniaaq1.png[/img][IMG]http://static.twoday.net/richieanderson/images/Jax221.jpg[/IMG]
    [Size=3][COLOR=Darkred]Hopelessly devoted to the Prankster[/COLOR][/Size]
    [IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/AbbyMG/Jackson-Natemania.png[/IMG]

Lightbulb An injury away...so it is said?

All the back-ups are an injury away.

Did anyone see them stop the second team Cards last night?

Third down...third down ...third down....

Why does no pass rush mean everything? Because LB's are covering the run so the DB's have to blitz and the CB's have to give a cushion because of no help, effectively giving seven to ten yards away on third downs.

Alternative is to take a chance on getting burned like the easy TD in the Detroit game.

I would hate to be a DB in Denver, watching hard work go down the drain every three plays.

9-7 this year is what we get to look forward to! And it ain"t Jake's fault!!!!

Are you still excited???????
    This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

That doesn't really make sense.... Lienert looked more impressive because he played against all of our 2nd and 3rd stringers. How does that make him more impressive?
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Quote Originally Posted by JED Bronco
    All the back-ups are an injury away.

Did anyone see them stop the second team Cards last night?

Third down...third down ...third down....

Why does no pass rush mean everything? Because LB's are covering the run so the DB's have to blitz and the CB's have to give a cushion because of no help, effectively giving seven to ten yards away on third downs.

Alternative is to take a chance on getting burned like the easy TD in the Detroit game.

I would hate to be a DB in Denver, watching hard work go down the drain every three plays.

9-7 this year is what we get to look forward to! And it ain"t Jake's fault!!!!

Are you still excited???????
    Yeah, because it resulted in 9-7 last year.

Also, I don't get why you are all getting worked up about it. They where not doing it nearly as much with the starters. Only backups played yesterday. Our starters have done much better and never gave up a TD in preseason. I just really don't get why people say that we are going to lose more than twice as many games as last year when they only point out problems that we had last year as well... It makes a lot of sense to me....... :idiot:

If the d-line and coverage problems led to 13-3 last year I really don't see how it is instantly 9-7 because we have those same problems this year.

#1 - I was there and you weren't so shut the hell up

#2 - Bertrand Berry is hurt - thus the reason you didn't see him in the game....the rest of the Cardinals starters (90%) of them played into the 2nd quarter - hence the part of my post that states we beat the Cardinals with our back ups once again....

#3 - What did you see from Cutler in the 1st quarter that was unimpressive??? The pick he threw was in the 2nd quarter and every other one of his throws was accurate....he has been one of the most impressive players all pre-season, if not the most impressive and that has clearly been stated by football "experts" not just fans on this site....

#4 - I understand the animosity towards Cutler - the Chiefs do afterall have a QB that is old enough to be Cutlers father at the helm....

#5 - Shut the hell up

It should be a good season, but lets not get ahead of ourselves with the running game. If I'm correct, and correct me if I'm wrong, the Broncos had 33 yards rushing in the first half. With that said, I have faith in our runners to step it up when needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by PurdueBronc
    It should be a good season, but lets not get ahead of ourselves with the running game. If I'm correct, and correct me if I'm wrong, the Broncos had 33 yards rushing in the first half. With that said, I have faith in our runners to step it up when needed to.
    Other than the RB it was the backup offense facing a #1 defense. If you really expected the backup o-line to open up huge lanes for runners then you have extremely high expectations.