View Poll Results: Who will take on the challenge and run the best tonight?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Bell

30 42.86%
  • Tatum Bell

21 30.00%
  • Cedric Cobbs

19 27.14%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KeystoneBronco
    Let's see how our first stringers handle the D today! Hopefully Jake will rip it up!

GO BRONCOS!!!!
    They'll handle the "D" by standing on the sideline in street clothes... Jake and most of the starters will not be playing in this game.
    Honoring those who protect that which is worth protecting.

With all this horse poop, there's got to be a pony in here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog
    They'll handle the "D" by standing on the sideline in street clothes... Jake and most of the starters will not be playing in this game.
    I cant wait to see what our 2nd string D does to their first string offense! From accounts I have read, it looks like the Cardinals will play their starters for the first quarter.

If thats the case, I'd love to see Cutler go against a first team D!

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

i'm all hyped only one more crappy preseason game

Quote Originally Posted by KyLewin
    I suspect all of them will play very well tonight. We have at least three backs who could probably win the starting spot (though I think T.Bell will still only get 10-15 carries a game, so someone else will take the rest).

Cobbs has looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers so far, but it would have been nice to see him against some starters.

I think M.Bell will probably come out and run the best of the pack and get named the starter. Against a less than stellar Titans' D he did a great job, I think he'll do the same tonight.

the cardinals are supposed to play their starting D for a quarter, hopefully cobbs will get some carries with them in.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanIN
    I cant wait to see what our 2nd string D does to their first string offense! From accounts I have read, it looks like the Cardinals will play their starters for the first quarter.

If thats the case, I'd love to see Cutler go against a first team D!
    Mark Klis of the Denver Post has an article out that mentions that Coach Greene will indeed be playing his starters for at least one series. As far as Cutler goes, as long as he doesn't drop yet another snap and manages to hand the ball off cleanly (a difficult task indeed to reign in a bazooka...) I'm fine. The real interest lies in how the RB's play. I would wager, however, that we won't know who our starting RB is until the first offensive play of the St. Louis game.

How come you left off Ron Dayne? Giving up on him so soon?

How do you define "run the best"?

Is that who will log the most yardage, who will have the highest yards per carry average, who will have the most touchdowns, who will have the most carries
    that earn first down yardage, or who drives the pile and shows the most heart?

Those are all rhetorical questions, so you don't really need to answer them.

I think tonight's game will determine who gets cut or traded. And it will further define our running back rotation for the beginning of the season. I think Tatum Bell doesn't have the vision and ability to choose the proper holes to be the "starting" back. So I see him used similarly to last year. Between Cobbs and M. Bell, I think Cobbs will be the better player tonight and get the starting nod come season opener. I don't have any particular evidence on which to base this conclusion, so it's mostly just gut feel and guess.

w00t! GAMEDAY!
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanIN
    Hi E!
    Ready for the draft! Gonna ya all!

I'll be multi-tasking tonight...listening to the game, drafting a FF team, watching "Around the League" on NFL channel and listening to KOA.

I'm a busy bee!

Oh! And we find out what Bean is today!
    :offtopic:

I apologize for not following very closely... is this your first Bean?

In any event, congratulations - and here is a virtual (and completely annoying invasion of personal space) "can I rub your tummy?"

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog
    :offtopic:

I apologize for not following very closely... is this your first Bean?

In any event, congratulations - and here is a virtual (and completely annoying invasion of personal space) "can I rub your tummy?"
    Yep! First Bean!
    Thank you!
    And to be a liiitle on topic...Bean is going to be a Broncomaniac. Of that I have no doubt!

<pats own belly>

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Cool

Hi, folks! If any of you are interested, here's all we need to know the amenities on the new Cardinals Stadium where the broncos will play at tonight:

http://www.azcardinalsstadium.com/

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/arizona_cardinals/

Quote Originally Posted by Grover
    How come you left off Ron Dayne? Giving up on him so soon?
    What do you mean "so soon?" Even before the injury Dayne didn't do much in TC and he certainly hasn't shown that he has what it takes to be the #1 back.

This isn't soon in the game; Dayne's been nothing but a dissapointment to this point.

Edit- By the way, I voted for Cobbs because he will once again be playing against the weaker defenses.

I voted for M. Bell. I'm pulling for him to make an impact because I think he's going to be a good RB when he settles down a bit. It seems like he is trying to go 100 MPH all the time, but he just needs some patience. I think that will come with time.

I would like to see Cobbs get some carries in the 1st quarter against the 1st team D.
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Dayne Will Get Traded

I think Ron Dayne will be traded. I really think the emergence of Cedrick Cobbs has made Dayne expendable. Even if the two are neck and neck, Cobbs would have the greater upside. Not to mention the fact that a team in need of a RB would most likely be more willing to give up a mid to late round pick for Dayne. This is because they know what they are getting with Dayne. Nobody has really seen Cobbs but us. I really liked Cobbs coming out of college and would like to see him get a chance to carry the load. It does make me wonder what the future holds for Tatum. If this is not his year, I don't see him staying in Denver beyond 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by ballen
    I think Ron Dayne will be traded. I really think the emergence of Cedrick Cobbs has made Dayne expendable. Even if the two are neck and neck, Cobbs would have the greater upside. Not to mention the fact that a team in need of a RB would most likely be more willing to give up a mid to late round pick for Dayne. This is because they know what they are getting with Dayne. Nobody has really seen Cobbs but us. I really liked Cobbs coming out of college and would like to see him get a chance to carry the load. It does make me wonder what the future holds for Tatum. If this is not his year, I don't see him staying in Denver beyond 2006.
    Who is going to trade us anything for Dayne? I don't think any team is that desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Crush21
    Who is going to trade us anything for Dayne? I don't think any team is that desperate.

not when you can pick him up on the wavier wire!!!