View Poll Results: Who will take on the challenge and run the best tonight?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Bell

30 42.86%
  • Tatum Bell

21 30.00%
  • Cedric Cobbs

19 27.14%
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PLUMMERFAN16
    I think Cedric Cobbs is gonna run with some ferocity tonight. He's been tremendous all preseason, and he knows that this is his chance to show that he is THE stud buffalo. I'd love to see us go with a power running game this year, and Cobbs could give us that clock eating back we so desperately need. GO CEDRIC COBBS! Show'em what you got man!!!
    I am with you on this one. I am going with Cobbs as well. I love his power and he reminds me of a better Reuben Droughns. Just given the chance this guy can shine. Guy got some guns!

Mike Effin' Bell

Evening guys...finally my first pre-season game I'll be able to see in full spirit
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by KyLewin
    I suspect all of them will play very well tonight. We have at least three backs who could probably win the starting spot (though I think T.Bell will still only get 10-15 carries a game, so someone else will take the rest).

Cobbs has looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers so far, but it would have been nice to see him against some starters.

I think M.Bell will probably come out and run the best of the pack and get named the starter. Against a less than stellar Titans' D he did a great job, I think he'll do the same tonight.

When I seen M.Bell play against the Texans I don't think he performed real well he was a little impatient for the most part even the commentators said something about it. Then Tatum came in and did pretty good by running for 10 yards at a clip at times. Then when Cobbs played he did even better. I just hope that one of those three end up being the STUD runningback that we have been looking for. . I miss the days of having an elite RB. I trust Shanny's judgement and I'm sure he knows what hes doin. So, good luck tonite Mike and Tatum Bell,Cedric Cobbs! It sure would be nice to see Brandon Marshall on the field tonite. Heres to a great season watching the Denver Broncos wreak havoc in the NFL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Guru
    I am with you on this one. I am going with Cobbs as well. I love his power and he reminds me of a better Reuben Droughns. Just given the chance this guy can shine. Guy got some guns!
    I know I have heard the Droughns comparison a lot, and I guess it is just natural, since he was a Broncos back. Not sure it is a good comparison. Droughns was 10 pounds lighter and 2 tenths slower in the 40 (4.63 v. 4.43).

He had a higher vertical leap 39" v 30" , standing board jump, 10'5" v 9'7", short shuttle 4.30 v 4.42, etc. etc. etc.

Physically, speed, strength, size, Cobbs was a much more physically gifted player coming into the NFL than Droughns.

All that draft garbage aside, here is the difference in what I see in their running. Droughns ALWAYS seemed to be able to get the tough yard, when it was needed, but he didn't neccessarily make contact and then break lose for the extra 5-10 yards. What we have seen with Cobbs, is that he not only gets the tough yards, but has been great at getting good yards after contact.

Now, all that has to be tempered by the fact that we have only seen Cobbs briefly against a first team D, and mostly against 2nd and 3rd teamers. Also, Cobbs has to figure out how to stay healthy, before (or if) he will ever be able to do anything special in the NFL.

Here are a couple quotes about Cobbs when he was entering the draft in 2004:

Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com reports: Observations from two AFC personnel directors and an NFC college scout "If he proves he can hold up physically, I like (Arkansas tailback) Cedric Cobbs a lot. He has size, nice quickness, really good vision and he runs strong. The one asterisk on his resume is his durability. And, of course, that's a pretty big asterisk."

Vic Ketchman, of jaguars.com reports: Cedric Cobbs, 6-0, 223, of Arkansas, is this draft's boom-or-bust prospect. Cobbs was a star as a freshman, but the next two years were wiped out by injuries and legal problems. Cobbs pleaded guilty to DUI and marijuana charges, but has submitted himself to monthly drug-testing since January of 2002. Cobbs had a great senior season in '03. He looked great early in the week at the Senior Bowl, but finished the week nursing a hamstring pull. He developed a reputation in college for always be nicked up and got the rap for being a soft back. He ran slow, 4.73, at the scouting combine, but he plays faster than that. Cobbs is the perfect pick for a team wanting to swing for the fence.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Being in Iraq I guess once again I will have to watch some of the gamecast on ESPN before I get off work. Lets keep that hush hush though ok

For those that weren't listening to KOA, Shanahan was just on. He said that between Bell, Bell and Cobbs, the RB starting job is wide open. He said that he really doesn't know who will start among those three in week 1. He said he has a feeling who he thinks will start, but it is still in the air.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Guru
    Being in Iraq I guess once again I will have to watch some of the gamecast on ESPN before I get off work. Lets keep that hush hush though ok
    Yeah, it definitely sucks being overseas trying to catch the games. Being stationed in Guam, those games come on at like 3 AM on Mondays.

Looks like we're moving the ball.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    Looks like we're moving the ball.
    Glad to hear it...

Can't wait to see it on the Network tonight...

Goodnight everyone! I'm headed home!
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Get ready to rumble!

How is Jay looking on TV?

is marshall inactive?
    [QUOTE]My goal isn't to just play football. It isn't just to start. I want to win the Super Bowl. I want to be a Pro Bowl player. In time, I'll prove I'm a top-notch receiver in the NFL.[/QUOTE]
    - Brandon Marshall

According to Gameday, there was a pass from Cutler to Hamza Abdullah.

Is that right?? I missed the first couple of plays.

Knorr FG 3-0 Denver.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop
    According to Gameday, there was a pass from Cutler to Hamza Abdullah.

Is that right?? I missed the first couple of plays.

Knorr FG 3-0 Denver.
    I saw that on the stats as well and was wondering the same thing.