Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29
    well ghostdoggy dog,

    it had to be sometime in june cuz you didnt even sign up til then
    but i give ya credit..

    i thought it would be dayne

    You are right man... It was the first thing I posted here. Mike Bell will start!!! Boy did I hear it... Everyone was like WHO!!! LMAO!!!
    [IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/uofm626/americanbronco8fl4vk.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,233
    I just wish I knew so I could get onboard! It's almost hard to get too excited for the game when you don't know what's going on. It's actually very anticlimactic.

    I figure Mike Bell will start. There's no reason, IMO that Shanny will change things now. Personally, I think he enjoys playing the puppet master and screwing around with everyone from his own RBs, the media, the fantasy footballers, and the fans. He's enjoying this sense of power and mystery he's holding over everyone. NO COACH GOES INTO A GAME WITHOUT A PLAN!!! To do so would be idiotic.

    I think Shanny likes being asked about the RB situation and everyone hanging on his every word as much as Parcells hates being asked about T.O.

    Like I said, I think Mike will get the start. I'm pulling for Tatum to get the start, however, because I'm a big loyalty guy. Tatum gave us 1000 yards and 8 TDs last year, I say give him the nod. I just think tatum has the largest upside of all the backs.

    Prediction: Mike

    Hoping for: Tatum

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    Prediction: Mike

    Hoping for: Tatum
    I think it will be MIke...

    I think it should be Tatum...

    I wish it was Cobbs...
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    If you think it SHOULD be Tatum, then why do you wish it was Cobbs?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    If you think it SHOULD be Tatum, then why do you wish it was Cobbs?
    I'm conflicted... I am a tortured soul...

    I think it should be Tatum, because I believe he has done enough in his first two years to deserve a shot at starting, and I believe the talk about wearing down after 10 carries is overblown.

    I wish it was Cobbs, because I am intrigued by his speed (3.43, fast shuttle times), size (6', ~227), strength (both in how he runs, and lifting stats from draft), and other measurables such as standing long jump, vertical, etc.

    All of those measurables he had coming out of college, combined with the fact that many people considered him the best High School RB in the country when he was being recruited. The fact that a lot of the talking head draft experts considerd him a sleeper in the draft. The fact that Shanahan wanted him in the draft, and picked him up as soon as NE released him.

    Just lots of little things like that. Couple all of that with the fact that he rarely went down with first contact in the preseason, and the fact he is my adoptee, and I would love to see what he could do starting.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    I'm conflicted... I am a tortured soul...

    I think it should be Tatum, because I believe he has done enough in his first two years to deserve a shot at starting, and I believe the talk about wearing down after 10 carries is overblown.

    I wish it was Cobbs, because I am intrigued by his speed (3.43, fast shuttle times), size (6', ~227), strength (both in how he runs, and lifting stats from draft), and other measurables such as standing long jump, vertical, etc.

    All of those measurables he had coming out of college, combined with the fact that many people considered him the best High School RB in the country when he was being recruited. The fact that a lot of the talking head draft experts considerd him a sleeper in the draft. The fact that Shanahan wanted him in the draft, and picked him up as soon as NE released him.

    Just lots of little things like that. Couple all of that with the fact that he rarely went down with first contact in the preseason, and the fact he is my adoptee, and I would love to see what he could do starting.
    Good points. But... despite all that, he couldn't move up the depth chart like Mike did (of course, that may be because Cobbs wasn't a Denver fan as a kid :eyeroll

    So that alone makes me excited to watch the Rams game. Mike Bell must have really shown something to not only move up quickly, but to put Tatum, Cobbs behind him, and send Dayne packing to Houston.

    I'm going to be at the game in St. Louis, and I'm really anxious to see this kid run live. But I see what you mean... Cobbs sounds like one heck of an athlete that surely has something to give.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    Good points. But... despite all that, he couldn't move up the depth chart like Mike did (of course, that may be because Cobbs wasn't a Denver fan as a kid :eyeroll

    So that alone makes me excited to watch the Rams game. Mike Bell must have really shown something to not only move up quickly, but to put Tatum, Cobbs behind him, and send Dayne packing to Houston.

    I'm going to be at the game in St. Louis, and I'm really anxious to see this kid run live. But I see what you mean... Cobbs sounds like one heck of an athlete that surely has something to give.
    It sounded like Cobbs, Tatum and Dayne all started slow. Based on some of the accounts of Cobbs I heard early in training camp, he seemed like he may have had a nagging injury or came in out of shape (hard to imagine).

    Regardless, I have posted quite a few times that I think M. Bell will start because he ran the best in TC and was put on top of the DC, and played as well as the other backs (maybe a little better, maybe a little worse), finished with over a 5 ypc in preseason (as the other two did I believe), and so did nothing to let the others pass him.

    Cobbs looked good in preseason, but he was playing against mostly 2nd, 3rd and some 4th teamers, and wasn't so spectacular that I think his performance rated passing Mike.

    The good news is that we are standing here having a legitimate conversation about who should be starting, or who may have won the job, rather than talking about how weak our running game is going to be this year. While many have faith in Shanahan's running system, I don't think too many people other than the MIA Daynefanatics really felt good about our running backs heading into training camp. I think that now, most people are feeling much better about them.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    True. I'm just excited about potentially getting a UDFA RB that could turn out to be a stud. Thats exciting.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    True. I'm just excited about potentially getting a UDFA RB that could turn out to be a stud. Thats exciting.
    I agree. I hope Mike Bell does great. I posted in several other threads that as much as I would love to see Cobbs get a shot, I hope that the Bells are so good this year, that he never sees the field.

    I think Mike Bell is just a great story. Growing up a Bronco fan. Having the coach put him on top of the depth chart because he is a life-long fan . Finished the preseason 7th in rushing (Cobbs was 4th) with a 5.3 avg.

    Just so many things to like about Bell, and reasons to root for him. You know he must have been in the dumps when he wasn't drafted, so he comes to Denver as a UFA and in a few weeks gets himself to the top of the DC.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    I agree. I hope Mike Bell does great. I posted in several other threads that as much as I would love to see Cobbs get a shot, I hope that the Bells are so good this year, that he never sees the field.

    I think Mike Bell is just a great story. Growing up a Bronco fan. Having the coach put him on top of the depth chart because he is a life-long fan . Finished the preseason 7th in rushing (Cobbs was 4th) with a 5.3 avg.

    Just so many things to like about Bell, and reasons to root for him. You know he must have been in the dumps when he wasn't drafted, so he comes to Denver as a UFA and in a few weeks gets himself to the top of the DC.
    Yeah.... definitely a great story to remember.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    Yeah.... definitely a great story to remember.
    I don't know it just seem run of the mill. Players get to go to their favorite team of their childhood all the time, and they always get put into starting positions because of their long standing loyalty.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    I don't know it just seem run of the mill. Players get to go to their favorite team of their childhood all the time, and they always get put into starting positions because of their long standing loyalty.
    True... Ijust watched the movie "Invicible" the other night. They made it appear as though he had to 'work' for his playing time. We ALLLLL know they handed that to him because he was one of the biggest Jets fans around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •