Page 210 of 210 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210
Results 3,136 to 3,137 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by gboxerlove
    You guys can say it's the first game of the season and we still have 15 games left, but the reality is this is the kind of loss that defines the season. Our schedule is as brutal a schedule as I've ever seen, and my hopes of going 11-5 have been dashed. At the end of the year, we may very well be looking back at this game as the one that kept us out of the playoffs, or kept us from having a home game in the playoffs. I know Jake doesn't deserve all the blame, but it's hard to dismiss the fact that he has lost the last 2 games for us. The interceptions were terrible, just terrible, and the fumble looked like a rookie being devoured by an NFL defense for the first time. When our D does as much damage control as they did yesterday, you have to ask your QB to do something to put us in position, and Jake folded. I love his character, his heart, his leadership, but the mistakes are glaring, and they hurt...alot. If we are 1-3 or 0-4 by the Raiders game, I call for Cutler, and the beginning of a new era.
    All games in the NFL are must win games. With the schedule we have, we needed to win this game. IMO, with said schedule, this game could make or break our chances at making the playoffs, but probably won't because we will surely win the division. I predicted we'd go 11-5 this year, but realistically I think 9-7/10-6 is more likely now. We've got to win the "easy games", so we can fall back on those wins later in the season when the dash for the last few playoff spots begins.
    Last edited by GIVEME6; 09-13-2006 at 03:48 PM.

It's a disgrace to lose to the Rams. Especially when the defense doesn't allow a touchdown. The Rams pts were put on the board because Jake gave them the ball in field goal range.