Page 5 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Last year was last year they have a new coach because of last year.

The new guy may or may not have the same tendencies.

I hope your right but I have zero confidence that we can pressure bulger, without exposing our DB's to an overdose of HOLT and BRUCE.

I have ZERO confidence that coyer can stop the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ

I hope your right but I have zero confidence that we can pressure bulger, without exposing our DB's to an overdose of HOLT and BRUCE.
    and CURTIS. this is still a potent offense. denver's d will have it's hands full.

Quote Originally Posted by cabroncofanatic
    i don't know what "adjusted sack rate" is, but i believe they had around 45 sacks last yr, or about 3/game.
    Adjusted sack rate=sacks/pass attempts faced

We faced a lot of pass attempts, and we didn't get many sacks. Therefore, our adjusted sack rate was quite poor.

It's a better indicator than just total sack numbers IMO.
    Last edited by WABronco; 09-07-2006 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindField

Your making this much too complicated...the answer is to simply to score more points than the opponent

damn, really??!

well, thanks for providing THAT brilliant and insightful analysis, mr. williamson. . . . .

really provided some serious food for thought with that one. . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    Your making this much too complicated...the answer is to simply to score more points than the opponent
    Hey MindField...good to see you drop by.

Tell you what, if you don't feel like adding anything constructive, just don't post.

BTW, thanks for the tip on outscoring the opponent. I'll be sure to add it to my original post later.

I apologize though. The goal of my post was to simply promote more in-depth discussion on Sunday's game--not to confuse. Again, you have my apologies.
    Last edited by WABronco; 09-07-2006 at 07:23 PM.

My keys:

Pressure, pressure, pressure. If we can pressure Bulger we will be in control throughout the game. Man...that's THE key.

If not...Bulger will pick us apart, A+ secondary or not.

Also...running game is essential this game but not all-mighty. If we get that going then we will win. Simple.

Running game and pressure. That's it.
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

JRWIZ has brought up my concern, when half of the front four have been out most of the pre season with injuries, poor performance overall on the pass rush from last year, I am concerned about any pressure that we may bring on Bulger. Instead of show me the money, show me the pass rush!

The running and bootleg should be interesting seeing how this goes. I agree we will see a lot of Scheffler, don't count out my adopt a Bronco Nate in some of those multiple TE sets.
    I think M Bell gets the start, I didn't see a reason to change this from the AZ game since he and T Bell had about the same performance. Either one should do well as described above.

Other than that lot to read, presented well, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    JRWIZ has brought up my concern, when half of the front four have been out most of the pre season with injuries, poor performance overall on the pass rush from last year, I am concerned about any pressure that we may bring on Bulger. Instead of show me the money, show me the pass rush!
    interesting discussion of rams' o-line. check out the game forecast thread, too.

http://www.clanram.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19488

Teams that run the "max protect" on their offensive line we have BIG problems with on D. Hopefully, Coyer has a way around it this time. I won't hold my breath.

Replay?

At least our defense is better than it was in the 2000 game.

You know the year we lost 41-36?

I expect us to be able to keep them below 20 points with secondary and LB play. Funny how the discussion for defenses is all about the front 7 when our back 7 is stellar.

Anyhow, just my

Quote Originally Posted by cabroncofanatic
    interesting discussion of rams' o-line. check out the game forecast thread, too.

http://www.clanram.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19488

thanks for the link. . . . it gave me a good laugh-- couldn't resist sticking my head into their smack forum for a look-see, and the first thing i find is a thread by mr. archimedes owl. . . . .

Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson is the key to the Rams Offense.

The 27th in league in the pass rush department is a little missleading since they have (of late) thrown the ball on almost every down.

The Rams have been struggling with their new coach's offensive system. If their head coach is smart they won't try to throw the ball all over the place until they get their running game going. This would also keep the Broncos offense off the field. However, most coaches make the common mistake and give up on their running game too soon.

BTW - I'm still not sold on the Broncos D line

Great thread WA!!!

I really don't think that the Rams have much of a chance to slow down our offense unless we just have a bad day. Our passing attack is more than adequate against them and our run attack should give them lots of trouble. In my opinion, barring the team just not showing up at all, we WILL score points.

Their best chance at winning is scoring early and then scoring some more and then after that, scoring some more.

Their pass offense really is underrated despite their offensive line woes. I mean a 65% completion percentage is very good and they have a pretty darn good set of recievers.

I think that they don't have the best running game, so even if they can generate a lead, they won't be a pounding football team that can try to hold the lead. Their best bet would be to keep trying to score once they have the lead and to win in a shootout.

By the way, I invited the Rams fans to our board and none have come, but they were all cordial to me when I went there.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    thanks for the link. . . . it gave me a good laugh-- couldn't resist sticking my head into their smack forum for a look-see, and the first thing i find is a thread by mr. archimedes owl. . . . .
    Heh, yeah, I had to make a thread there. I mean, nobody had made one yet, so I felt obligated, but it was pretty mild smack and turned out to be mostly a debate.

By the way, WAB in my thread is WABronco. (That's right isn't it??)
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

yeah, that's him-- you can tell by the lynch avi, as well as the posting style. . . . some of his posts were more or less cut-and-pasted from this one, and why not? it's good stuff. . . and BTW, i think somebody has shown up from their board, unless rammerhammer just coincidentally popped up tonight. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl
    Great thread WA!!!

I really don't think that the Rams have much of a chance to slow down our offense unless we just have a bad day. Our passing attack is more than adequate against them and our run attack should give them lots of trouble. In my opinion, barring the team just not showing up at all, we WILL score points.
    Totally agree AO...

By the way, WAB in my thread is WABronco. (That's right isn't it??)
    Yea, that's me. I thought I'd drop by and check things out...