Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KyLewin
    Wow, you quoted my whole first post and didn't even bother to read the last paragraph where I - rather unnecessarily, I thought - explained that this was sarcasm aimed at those who are all for benching Plummer and starting Cutler. I figured that since Shanahan is the one who makes the calls on the depth chart, it was his fault that all of us football geniuses weren't getting our way.

This really shouldn't need to be said, but if you can't read farther than the title of the thread, you really shouldn't bother commenting, it just makes you look bad.

Oh ok. Thanx dad......

Quote Originally Posted by Chidoze
    Oh ok. Thanx dad......
    Since I'm your dad..... Thanks is spelled with an "s"

Don't cry because I told you to read the post you're responding to, it was just some friendly advice... or fatherly, in this case.

Its just hard to pick up sarcasm sometimes on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    Its just hard to pick up sarcasm sometimes on the internet
    That's true. And I think that's why KyLewin added that last paragraph to his post. But even then people jump the gun and just respond to the title of the thread.

Oh, well. I thought it was pretty amusing.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Fired?

You are crazy. Plummer is the reason we lost.not Shanny.Maybe it was first game jitters, but Jake really sucked. I'm sure if he sucks that bad next week he'll get benched. But fireing Shanny, would be a big mistake
    It's 4:20 got a light?

Quote Originally Posted by KyLewin
    Since I'm your dad..... Thanks is spelled with an "s"

Don't cry because I told you to read the post you're responding to, it was just some friendly advice... or fatherly, in this case.

Ha ha. I know im just messin with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty Skeleton
    Pure idiocy.
    I second that!

You aren't going to find a better coach.
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals
    The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Seriously, fire Mike Shanahan? That's ridiculous.

Let me give you a little perspective.

Do you know how lucky you people in Denver and in the surrounding areas are? No, really. Do you? In an era where the league transitioned to the salary cap system, the Denver Broncos are really only one of a handful of teams that have had their track records of success carry over. You had Dan Reeves, who never won the big one, but brought a competitive team every year, and now you have Shanahan, who (despite some poor decisions over the years, which I'm more than prepared to point out for you in another forum) has taken the success of Reeves and topped it with two Super Bowl rings.

Being a head coach isn't just about x's and o's. It's about personnel decisions and management. One thing I'll say for Shanahan - he's got an eye for talent, both with players and assistants. Gary Kubiak just became one of the NFL's newest head coaches - do you think he would have gotten there without Mike Shanahan? Maybe. But Shanahan recognized Kubiak's talent, and coached him up to the level where he was overqualified to be an assistant anymore. Do you think that the Denver running game would be what it is if Shanahan hadn't been able to recognize the brilliance of the scheme? Of course not - at the time, it would have been a terrible risk to attempt to run the rock without the prototypical "big" offensive lineman. Shanahan has found a way to get more out of his players than any coach should rightfully expect.

In the meantime, here in Cincinnati, we've had 15 years of pure football misery, and we've finally hired a good coach. I wouldn't trade Marvin for the world, but before he came here, if you told me that Mike Shanahan was available to fill a head coaching vacancy, you bet your ass I would have been writing letters to Mike Brown begging him to hire Shanahan.

You guys just don't know how good you've had it. You whine, you complain, you kvetch, and in the meantime, there are teams like the Jets, Saints, and Bills that would kill for a coach like him.

In conclusion: get over it, and realize that games in the NFL are played one week at a time.

EDIT: Heh. Guess you touched a nerve. Good job.
    Man, read the whole post. He was being facetious and even said so for those unable to comprehend what he was doing. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx
    i didnt even get 2 sentances through this thread and just decided it was the stupidest thing i have ever read.
    If you had read more, maybe your post wouldn't be so funny.

Ok, all of you who are responding how the thread is stupid.

You do realize that by NOT reading, and just responding, even AFTER it was explained in teh original post that it is sarcasm, makes you look foolish and opens yourself up to ridicule?

What part of Kylewin's post where he explains that it is sarcasm do you not understand?

Quote Originally Posted by PLUMMERFAN16
    Shanahan is fine, but I gotta admit that I'm getting tired of Plummer. I like the guy, but we aren't going anywhere with him at QB. Sorry.....
    This is freaking hillarius!!!!

PLUMMERFAN16
    IT'S CUTLER TIME!!

CP for that alone...

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy
    You are crazy. Plummer is the reason we lost.not Shanny.Maybe it was first game jitters, but Jake really sucked. I'm sure if he sucks that bad next week he'll get benched. But fireing Shanny, would be a big mistake
    For the Slow: Sarcasm ON

Now then, you didn't read my post. I pretty much agreed with you that The Mistake was the reason we lost. I even went so far as to say that he should have been pulled after he was sacked the first time, way before he started turning the ball over, and traded right then and there. With Cutler (The Football god II) around, we don't need The Mistake anymore.

My point was - and if you'd read the post you'd have seen it - that it was Shanahan who HIRED The Mistake even though there were literally dozens of great QBs just sitting around doing nothing because this league (except for us) is so full of QB talent that there aren't enough starter, backup, and third string jobs to go around. I also noted that Coach Shanahan clearly is an idiot because he basically hasn't seen how much better The Football god II is than The Mistake, either that or he is intentionally not putting our best players on the field. It doesn't matter which he is, either one should be grounds enough to fire him. The fact that he told the CBS guys that he didn't think The Football god II was NFL ready yet, leads me to believe that he's simply an idiot. It's not his fault, but if he can't see what all of us can, then he needs to go.

In short, no matter what you St. Shanny worshippers happen to believe, if Shanahan is too dumb to put in The Football god II, then he's too dumb to coach in the NFL, it's just that simple. Look around, every member of the Cutler fan club agrees with me, you even agree with me, you just don't realize it.

Sarcasm OFF

This thread needs to go into some "retard hall of shame" forum or something. Not because of the original post, but because of the ridiculous replies. There are at least 20 Shanny-loving posters that have flamed this guy, who is an obvious Shanahan supporter, for making a sarcastic thread that in reality supports Shanahan.

I always knew most of the posters here had questionable intellect and/or were illiterate. This thread just confirmed it. I always figured Raider fans were the slow ones....now I'm just not so sure.

I love this thread.
    Thank you for putting a smile on my face for a couple days.
    Please keep bumping this thread up it is so funny.
    [IMG]http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CALI11612110238_thumbnail.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/65x90/7232.jpg[/IMG] RIP Darrent Williams
    You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

In defense of those that may have bashed the originator - just reading the thread title and the 1st sentence or so, was reason enough to not read the entire post....

Why waste your time reading something you completely disagree with....

Maybe next time the name of the thread could be just a little bit more misleading