Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Should Plummer be benched if we lose to KC?

I think so, what do u think?
    It's 4:20 got a light?

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy
    No, I think it would take an 0-3, 1-3, 1-4 type start for him to be benched. I don't see Shanahan benching Plummer, unless he believes the season is out of reach, in terms of the playoffs.

While Shanahan may like what he sees in Cutler, he realizes that Rookie QBs generally struggle, and won't want to subject the team to those likely growing pains unless the season is over.

Anyway, that's how i see it.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Well, a lot of it would depend on how much of the loss could be pinned on Plummer.

But even in a worst case scenario, I don't believe Shanny would pull the plug on Plummer. Jake would get another shot the following week against the Pats. If we started 0-3 going into the bye week, I think it might then be possible. But even that is unlikely, IMO.

The longer Cutler has to run the offense in practice this season, the better off he'll be when he eventually has to play for real. But Jake would have to put together several terrible games to get benched and start the rookie.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

I dont really think he would give the reigns to Jay that fast...unless we lose and it is obviously Jakes fault again...and even then i dont really know since we have the Pats afterward...thats a hell of a defensive scheme to be thrown against as a rookie in your first start...so i dont think it will happen

now do you really think KC has a chance? no way KC wins...it just isnt gonna happen...IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by KCLadyFan
    now do you really think KC has a chance? no way KC wins...it just isnt gonna happen...IMO...
    I guess it depends on whether Plummer decides to throw passes to guys in the Blue jerseys or Red jerseys this weekend.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

He could have the worst game of his career, I still think he would be starting week three.

so if plummer throws for 400 yards and 4 tds with no picks, yet the broncos still lose, you think jake should get benched? think your thread out a bit before you start it.

even if jake plays bad, i think it's too early to bench him. but if we are down by a bunch and jake has been inefficient, i think it would be a good idea to take a look at cutler. i'd still give jake the definate start for game 3, but if he had 3 straight bad games (of st lois level), and cutler was looking great at practise, i'd at least consider giving him a start.

but it would take a lot for me to want cutler to get his first nfl start against either baltimore or new england. so i really don't see any scenerio save injury that would get cutler in before week 5.

it's all a moot point anyways. jake will bounce back against KC, and the board will be swamped with "jake, i'm so sorry i ever doubted you" threads.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

No, Plummer should not be benched if we lose to KC. Plummer should not be benched if we go 0-16. No player should be benched for the teams record, rather, the players performance. Now, if Plummer comes out and throws 4 picks, I still don't think he should be or will be benched. However, if he performs as badly or close to it as he did in St. Louis for another game, yes, bench him, tell him to get his head on straight. I don't see this happening though. Plummer is too inconsistant to stay that bad for tooo long. Who knows, he might throw 4 touchdowns this week.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/479/darrentcy8.png[/IMG][/URL] You will always be a Bronco Darrent, R.I.P.

I think your Psychotic........that's what I think about it.

Go ahead..blame the QB..again

I see so many people posting in this message board about how Plummer or Cutler should be the starter that I want to PUKE!

You could put the best QB in the league to run our show, but if the offensive line can't protect him, he's going to be scrambling around trying to avoid a sack. When the QB scrambles to save his health, all the planned lays go out the window.

While Jake did have some blame for the teams loss on Sunday, I have to emphasize the degree of his culpability. He is the QB, yes, but the QB is only as good as his team mates. Period.

For example, you could put one of the most incapable QB's who can't run and think at the same time into an offense that can protect him in the pocket for 5 seconds or more, and that QB is going to look like the next best QB in the NFL!

I think the blame for Sundays loss should go to the entire offense, not just Jake. The defese did their part, allowing only field goals.

If Cutler, or Elway, or any other QB was at the helm, they too would have faced the rough road Plummer faced that day. And chances are, they too would have made some pretty poor throws and attempt to make something out of nothing.

Let's just realize the loss for what it is... a team problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KCLadyFan
    The probability may not very high KCLady but it could happen. Denver should should win this game for several reasons. One, you guys are hurting in big way. Two, its home game for us. There are alot of other factors but these are the two that come to my mind first.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

If we lose to KC, Admin should think about shutting the boards down for a week and get anger management classes for the fans, here because it would be chaos. This should be Jake's game to get his focus back and get his team motivated for the season. There's no way the Broncos lose this game, but I know "Any Given Sunday".

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Broncofan
    If we lose to KC, Admin should think about shutting the boards down for a week and get anger management classes for the fans, here because it would be chaos.

You nailed that. Based on the reaction to last week's loss, there will be total bedlem if they lose this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    No, I think it would take an 0-3, 1-3, 1-4 type start for him to be benched. I don't see Shanahan benching Plummer, unless he believes the season is out of reach, in terms of the playoffs.

While Shanahan may like what he sees in Cutler, he realizes that Rookie QBs generally struggle, and won't want to subject the team to those likely growing pains unless the season is over.

Anyway, that's how i see it.
    That is one sceniro. However, if Jake continues his slow start (which I'm will happen) he could be yanked for that as well.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16