View Poll Results: Who will be the MAN in Denver???

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tatum

25 64.10%
  • Mike

3 7.69%
  • Both of em

11 28.21%
Page 2 of 225 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brom66an6
    Actually we signed him in late 2003 as a Free Agent. He had been out of football that season after being cut by the Texans in training camp. But you are correct as well, he played for the Vikings in 2001 and 2002.
    [img]http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/images/030915chargers_catch.jpg[/img][img]http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/pressbox/fromthegame/fromthegame8741.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by DPg2003
    Actually we signed him in late 2003 as a Free Agent. He had been out of football that season after being cut by the Texans in training camp. But you are correct as well, he played for the Vikings in 2001 and 2002.
    I thought I remembered hearing about him being with the Texans at some point but I couldn't find anything to back it up so I just said the Vikings, since that is all I could find. But I did know we picked him up as a FA.
    Smith's First Catch
    "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Being born in Nigeria, he mustve gotten his toughness and strength from there. Africa is a rough place!

Hopefully, Chucky makes an impact this year. It looks like he has the power to be a good pash-rusher. Now we just need to refine his "technique"

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    Hopefully, Chucky makes an impact this year. It looks like he has the power to be a good pash-rusher. Now we just need to refine his "technique"
    That is definitley what this organization is know for, developing players. Hopefully after Mike and his staff turn Chucky into a sack machine he will stay and not leave for the big contract!
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

hey

You can hardly blame any of 'em, they are flesh and blood human beings and it is only natural that when a guy can leverage his financial position... well, a dude owes it to himself and his family to maximize. Ya gotta get while the gettin is good!

The story of TD is a cautionary tale for reals!

Broncs lost Herndon, but I am happy for him to get fairly compensated! ( well, as fair as these astronomical wages go!)

I do not know the exact figure, but QB Terry Bradshaw earned like under a million over all the years of his NFL career. I think dude was making like 35,000 a year in his best year. Somebody will know where to look.

Times change.

Again, not the exact figure, but when I filled up my first tank of gas at 16, I paid like 48 cents a gallon.

Sorry to stray afield of the topic!
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Just curious if he is so great why did it take the Broncos to figure it out? In his 5th year and 3rd team, I'll withhold my orgasms till he does something, sorry but the jury is still out on the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    Just curious if he is so great why did it take the Broncos to figure it out? In his 5th year and 3rd team, I'll withhold my orgasms till he does something, sorry but the jury is still out on the guy.
    Now jr.....you're just trying to be a downer.......razor rubbing off on ya?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    Now jr.....you're just trying to be a downer.......razor rubbing off on ya?

I just don't see anything special about him. Someone earlier in the year was raving about the dreads.

One really has to wonder if that is how they rate players the length of the hair.

I really hope we don't hang our hat on this guy. He got cut after playing for two horrible Defenses that had no pass rush at the time. If the guy has an uncanny knack for getting to the passer then why couldn't he cut it with the Texans and Vikings at that time. Those teams had nothing.....

I hope he could be a situation player this year and start to develop. But we need a real pass rush guys. We need someone that knows how to get to the passer. Actually we need alot more than one guy.

I am not saying I don't want him on the roster. Just that we have to be realistic about expectations. You can quote me on this one. He will not get double digit sacks this year......

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    I just don't see anything special about him. Someone earlier in the year was raving about the dreads.

One really has to wonder if that is how they rate players the length of the hair.
    That, and how many jerseys they can acquire.....
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by myoung
    I really hope we don't hang our hat on this guy. He got cut after playing for two horrible Defenses that had no pass rush at the time. If the guy has an uncanny knack for getting to the passer then why couldn't he cut it with the Texans and Vikings at that time. Those teams had nothing.....

I hope he could be a situation player this year and start to develop. But we need a real pass rush guys. We need someone that knows how to get to the passer. Actually we need alot more than one guy.

I am not saying I don't want him on the roster. Just that we have to be realistic about expectations. You can quote me on this one. He will not get double digit sacks this year......
    Well....you can't go by the past on everybody, my.......

Would you have thunk McCaffrey would have panned out to anything after his first few years with NY/SF?
    I think its exposure to the game....opportunity to play.....tutoring, coaching and prolly most of all....HEART!
    Sitting on a bench never helps a player improve.
    Hopefully, this year, he gets an opportunity to improve and and jumps at it.
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Well....you can't go by the past on everybody, my.......

Would you have thunk McCaffrey would have panned out to anything after his first few years with NY/SF?
    I think its exposure to the game....opportunity to play.....tutoring, coaching and prolly most of all....HEART!
    Hopefully, this year, he gets an opportunity to improve and and jumps at it.
    Actually I was a Mcaffrey fan back in the college days and I say good things from him in pieces with the Giants.

Don't read too much into this. The guy has no real experience. He couldn't flat out rush the passer with two Defenses that would have welcomed the guy to do so. I hope he develops for us. But the key point is that he has to develop. He is not the man right now and we can't let him go out and learn while teams have all day to throw. He should be the backup that brings heart and energy for several plays a game.

I don't want to cut him. But I also don't want him to be the premier guy. Give him some time and let him give a breather to the big dogs. Let him develop through some game experiences but lets not put up so many expectations on him. I don't think we want him starting, in fact our drastic search for smallish DEs would show alot of evidence to the contrary. I like him also I just think he is not ready to be the man.

*looks at bill parcells and drew henson*
    [IMG]http://img202.echo.cx/img202/3716/harold7rt.gif[/IMG]
    [SIZE=1]thanx to TMHG[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]
    Atwater makes the hit
    Woodson makes the pick
    Lott takes it back[/COLOR][/SIZE]

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Holy crap, does anyone realize what there saying? Its not like either of those 2 defenses had anyone around him either. Your absolutly right, they would have loved to have him rush the passer, but chances are he wasnt used correctly, and the lack of supporting casts (minus Jamie Sharper in Houston) more then likely had a negative effect on it.

You guys forget that all a player needs 99% of the time is a change of scenary and some new coaching to become great. Now Im not saying this guy is going to be great, but chances are he will have an impact on our defense, and a good one.

Make sure you guys are contradicting yourselves when you spout off about how he didnt play well for 2 ****ty defenses, theres a reason why those defenses are ****ty, because of ****ty personel, ****ty coaching, and ****ty ability to play coherently as a team. I mean, who the hell was Jamie Sharper before he played for the Ravens? Or Teddy Bruschi before Bill Bellicheck took over? Take past performance with a grain of salt when it comes to guys like this. Hes obviously talented, just needs the right surroundings to put it all toghether.