Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyFan24
    I don't know, i just have a 'wtf!' feeling about Lelie - i don't understand how a player can want out of a super bowl caliber team just because he wants the notoriety of being the #1 reciever (especially being obviously out talented by the other 2 recievers in front of him)....any player that wants to put his stardom in front of the common goal of the team doesn't deserve a ring....so go ahead asley, catch a few bombs from Vick, you're still the #3 down there!

    Btw- don't expect to be on my madden roster either!
    Hahaha

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    co
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimo
    speaking of shef did you notie that he fell on that play with no one near him...i thought it was pretty funny
    dude, that cracked me the hell up.
    http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/milehighkoala.png

    Check out Goal Line Blitz

    WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    398
    you're absolutely right. he always seem to be leaping for balls instead of running through them like moss and alot of good wr do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bokyong
    That was Lelie in College. Living in Hawaii I got to see Lelie play every week. I was very happy when he got drafted by my boys. I thought in the NFL he would learn and be a better WR. He had the speed, He had the hands he just couldnt run after the catch. Almost every play at UH was a jumping catch that ended on Lelies ass. He held on to the ball mind you, but it would never fail that he catches a ball and ends up on the ground. I saw it in Hawaii, I saw it in Denver, and i Saw it on Monday night against the Saints.

    If he ever learned how to catch a ball in stride, or learnt o judge a floater, he would be a top tier WR. I don't think he does it on purpose (falling ot the ground) I just think he cannot judge a loft pass while running. He uses his height and jumping ability to make adjustments at the last minute. He will never be a number 1 WR until he learns to judge a deep ball better.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    45

    Put Ashley Threads on other NFL teams section please.

    I'm was a big Ashley Lelie fan when he was in Denver, but any talk about him should be placed on another board. I can't believe there still is so much talk about him relating to Denver. He no longer plays for the Denver Broncos so move his threads to another section please.

    But you know what's interesting, it seems a lot of people's feelings got hurt by his departure. He no longer plays here, yet they continue to bash him. Javon got 2 great td's, one more than ashley had last year, SO WHAT!?!?. Why even compare Javon and Ashley? I don't hear anyone comparing our current running backs to portis, droughns or anderson. So please, no more ashley talk on general discussion and trying to relate him to our players.

    Go Broncos

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Couer d' Alene, ID
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchet45
    I'm was a big Ashley Lelie fan when he was in Denver, but any talk about him should be placed on another board. I can't believe there still is so much talk about him relating to Denver. He no longer plays for the Denver Broncos so move his threads to another section please.

    But you know what's interesting, it seems a lot of people's feelings got hurt by his departure. He no longer plays here, yet they continue to bash him. Javon got 2 great td's, one more than ashley had last year, SO WHAT!?!?. Why even compare Javon and Ashley? I don't hear anyone comparing our current running backs to portis, droughns or anderson. So please, no more ashley talk on general discussion and trying to relate him to our players.

    Go Broncos

    It has to do with the Broncos. We are talking about Javon Walker compared to Ashley.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8913/lodohat3nv.jpg

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    27 29 S / 153 8 E
    Posts
    3,495
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchet45
    I'm was a big Ashley Lelie fan when he was in Denver, but any talk about him should be placed on another board. I can't believe there still is so much talk about him relating to Denver. He no longer plays for the Denver Broncos so move his threads to another section please.

    But you know what's interesting, it seems a lot of people's feelings got hurt by his departure. He no longer plays here, yet they continue to bash him. Javon got 2 great td's, one more than ashley had last year, SO WHAT!?!?. Why even compare Javon and Ashley? I don't hear anyone comparing our current running backs to portis, droughns or anderson. So please, no more ashley talk on general discussion and trying to relate him to our players.

    Go Broncos
    Calm down a little newbie...

    It is still very recent history, and pertains to general discusion, as it involves his comparison to Javon Walker, a (need I remind you) current Bronco.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSoldier
    Let me come out and say I have nothing against Lelie. I really do wish him luck in Atlanta.

    I think that TD by Javon Walker has shown what we wanted in a #1 reciever. Leile was a good reciever, but just didn't have the #1 qualities. Javon not only catches the ball, but he runs with it too. I think Lelie's problem was that he tended to flop around a little too much.
    lelie was too busy making miraculous adjustments in the air to be able to run with the ball. here's an interesting quote:

    # Speaking of Lelie, the Broncos tried to convince him to stay with the team. One of the key stats the team brought up was that quarterback Jake Plummer overthrew Lelie on 16 potential touchdown passes last season. If Plummer had been more accurate on just six of those, Lelie would have had a monster year. Then again, that may further explain why the Broncos took Jay Cutler in the first round of the draft this year.
    yeah. and maybe why lelie wanted out of denver. 16 overthrows?! no wonder ash was pissed with all the criticism of his numbers.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    4,438
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    Lelie's little surf-board jig, was classic

    But, I too will take someone with some consistency (Javon leads the league in 3rd down yards) over a wave-rider end-zone dance any day of the week.

    Here's to Javon!!!

    (OFF TOPIC SIDE NOTE: If Rod doesn't step it up pretty soon, I won't be surprised to see Javon take #1 and someone else take2nd spot with Rod being the third-down man. I hate to say it, but he has been terribly ineffective, perhaps this explains all of Rod's anger as of late? :confused
    : )
    Rod's been hurt though. I know it's not an excuse but the guy's really playing hurt right now. His 7th concussion is weighing on him a bit cause you can see it when he gets up after being hit. He's real slow to get up and looks like he's in pain.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSoldier
    Let me come out and say I have nothing against Lelie. I really do wish him luck in Atlanta.

    I think that TD by Javon Walker has shown what we wanted in a #1 reciever. Leile was a good reciever, but just didn't have the #1 qualities. Javon not only catches the ball, but he runs with it too. I think Lelie's problem was that he tended to flop around a little too much.

    I can say now that when Rod retires, we will have a good WR to fall back on. Though I have to say....he has to come up with some better dances.

    Well, the rpoblem was that Lelie was "Top-heavy" kinda like a large SUV. He would tend to topple over when making rather sharp turns.

    Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrass
    Well, the rpoblem was that Lelie was "Top-heavy" kinda like a large SUV. He would tend to topple over when making rather sharp turns.

    certainly not a weebel.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by cabroncofanatic
    lelie was too busy making miraculous adjustments in the air to be able to run with the ball. here's an interesting quote:



    yeah. and maybe why lelie wanted out of denver. 16 overthrows?! no wonder ash was pissed with all the criticism of his numbers.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

    Ummm correct me if iam wrong but isn't it the WR's job to make a play for the ball? Their job is not to expect the ball to be perfectly thrown into their hands like a gift from god. How many balls went into Lelies fingers and out of his hands? You touch it you bring it in. That is the number 1 rule as a WR.

    After years of seeing him jump and dive for years to catch a pass. Something tells me that it's not the QB's fault for his lack of skill on judging the ball. He did it in College, and for the 4 years he was with Denver. Wehn he does it this whole year for Atlanta, you gonna blame Vick? After awhile you have to start blaming the WR.
    [IMG]http://www.kaitlynpaige.net/!cid_image001.gif[/IMG]

    Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,869
    And you know what's funny? He's the 3rd string WR in ATL!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    219
    I'm was a big Ashley Lelie fan when he was in Denver, but any talk about him should be placed on another board. I can't believe there still is so much talk about him relating to Denver. He no longer plays for the Denver Broncos so move his threads to another section please.

    You know what it is though, it's that if he was still on the squad he would give us a little more faith and security in the depth of the WR core...not taking anything away from our #3-#5 guys now...Kircus looks sharp, but unproven, Marshall has a great frame and talent, but unproven, and i can't stand seeing Watts on the field ever since he showed the 'excellent awareness' to get the hell out of bounds 2 years ago against the Colts...remember the seconds were closing out and we were making a drive and after he caught the pass he thought he could dance for a few instead----I'm just saying it would've been nice to see Ash as the X Factor on Singleback formations, maybe he'd stretch the D a little and bail PLummer out sometimes when he gets that tunnel vision

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyFan24
    You know what it is though, it's that if he was still on the squad he would give us a little more faith and security in the depth of the WR core...not taking anything away from our #3-#5 guys now...Kircus looks sharp, but unproven, Marshall has a great frame and talent, but unproven, and i can't stand seeing Watts on the field ever since he showed the 'excellent awareness' to get the hell out of bounds 2 years ago against the Colts...remember the seconds were closing out and we were making a drive and after he caught the pass he thought he could dance for a few instead----I'm just saying it would've been nice to see Ash as the X Factor on Singleback formations, maybe he'd stretch the D a little and bail PLummer out sometimes when he gets that tunnel vision
    Uhm. . . . You do realize that Watts was CUT and didn't make the team, right?

    So, whether he can catch the ball or not is pretty much irrelevant at this point. I think he got a tryout somewhere but I haven't heard that he's on any NFL roster. Most likely he'll be a footnote by next year.

    As for the #3 WRs we DO have, none is all that impressive. Kircus made a nice catch. Marshall has promise (but Watts had 'potential" too and look what happened to him)!

    All in all if Rod retires anytime soon Denver's WRs will be very mediocre at best: 1 good #1 WR in Javon followed by #2 "maybe" and #3 "huh?"

    Same old story.

    I just hope Rod doesn't get hit in the head anymore this year and manages to play at least another 2 years.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    Uhm. . . . You do realize that Watts was CUT and didn't make the team, right?

    So, whether he can catch the ball or not is pretty much irrelevant at this point. I think he got a tryout somewhere but I haven't heard that he's on any NFL roster. Most likely he'll be a footnote by next year.

    As for the #3 WRs we DO have, none is all that impressive. Kircus made a nice catch. Marshall has promise (but Watts had 'potential" too and look what happened to him)!

    All in all if Rod retires anytime soon Denver's WRs will be very mediocre at best: 1 good #1 WR in Javon followed by #2 "maybe" and #3 "huh?"

    Same old story.

    I just hope Rod doesn't get hit in the head anymore this year and manages to play at least another 2 years.
    Good post again.

    ashley was an ok WR if all you wanted was a great catch. If he had to run with the ball after the catch he better be open by 5 yards as it would take him that long to get back up to speed.

    He had virtually no YAC, making the circus and out of bounds catches he was left with no place to go but down and out.

    Glad he is gone so the kiddies can get some reps and develop before Rod retires. If they are not the answer then we will have learned it this year.. Instead of being WR poor as we have been since Eddie Mac retired.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •