did anybody watch clinton's interview on nfl live?

he didn't threaten the broncos with a hold out. he's waiting to see what happens first but he said he was concerned that special team players are getting more than him. he didn't sound bitter or angry so i would hold off on being so overly critical of him. by the way quentin griffith hasn't played a full season as a starter so we don't know what denver got just yet. we know what we got with portis. a dangerous running back.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Re: did anybody watch clinton's interview on nfl live?

Originally posted by bklynbronco
    he didn't threaten the broncos with a hold out. he's waiting to see what happens first but he said he was concerned that special team players are getting more than him. he didn't sound bitter or angry so i would hold off on being so overly critical of him. by the way quentin griffith hasn't played a full season as a starter so we don't know what denver got just yet. we know what we got with portis. a dangerous running back.
    technically, portis hasnt played a fll year either, but i still keep hope we can sign portis. i think i read somewhere that the team gets a 5% increase in cap space, so thats about an extra 4 mil i think, so we should do ok enough.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

I hope we sign him back too but Q is a good back and not alot of teams know how he plays, except for the colts, in the Week 16 game they were saying that the colts had an off game, so Q can suprise every team and we can win with him although that may not happen, and I would feel more confortable with CP in the backfield then someone that we dont know how he is...

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
    I hope we sign him back too but Q is a good back and not alot of teams know how he plays, except for the colts, in the Week 16 game they were saying that the colts had an off game, so Q can suprise every team and we can win with him although that may not happen, and I would feel more confortable with CP in the backfield then someone that we dont know how he is...
    I think you're right, brawla. I hope the Broncos keep both Portis and Griffin. The most frustrating part of it all is, none of us are on the "inside", and so we really won't KNOW anything about what's going to happen until after the deal is done.

Yes, I've Changed my Name, But I'm still the Same ol' D!

Re: did anybody watch clinton's interview on nfl live?

Originally posted by bklynbronco
    OH GET OVER IT! Both Priest and Tony G held out on the Chiefs until Crazy Carl gave in. The Broncs need to fork out the money and quit whining. Portis is a household name and he deserves to be making money like he's one. Tell the upper management to open the wallets or Portis will be a BROWN next year!!!

Re: Re: did anybody watch clinton's interview on nfl live?

Originally posted by dhall26
    OH GET OVER IT! Both Priest and Tony G held out on the Chiefs until Crazy Carl gave in. The Broncs need to fork out the money and quit whining. Portis is a household name and he deserves to be making money like he's one. Tell the upper management to open the wallets or Portis will be a BROWN next year!!!
    No...not Butch's Brown...I bet he go to the Cards before that!
    I'm on Twitter!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Well a contract is a contract and Clinton can't go anywhere for two years.

But why worry... Broncos have a way of taking care of the players that they feel are the future of the team. Clinton clearly is the future. Griffin is unknown, we don't know if he is the future or another good running back. Clinton just like Terrell we do know about and that is our bread and butter.

Fortunately we in Denver don't have just one running back who is the entire team, like the Chiefs do.

We do have options and many of them...

If the Chiefs do well again next year and are contenders then I will give them their due. They again proved to me this year that they could not get out of the first round of the playoffs, so I definitely am not sold on them.

If coaches made all the difference then we would be going to the Superbowl and winning a lot more playoff games then we have since we lost John Elway. Unfortunately that did not happen. I do not blame Shanahan for all that, most of the blame should fall on the players.

So the point is if Gunther comes to K.C. So what?

He needs to prove he can do something with the players and K.C. is going to have to have the non-injury filled season they had to do anything, and that is hard to have that twice in a row.

Last thing, the refs are now looking for the blocks in the backs...
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

who the hell are you talking to? get the hell over what? I'm not worrying about the broncos reworking portis contract or forking some money to pay wilson. you need to relax. i'm not the one critizing the players for wanting the money. don't compare the chiefs with the broncos, every team handles thier contract negotiations differently.

Dhead just works the reverse psychology thing.....you know, don't pay your players (or they retire) then the chefs can make a team out of them

kinda pathetic, if you ask me
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: did anybody watch clinton's interview on nfl live?

Originally posted by broncos4ever
    Well a contract is a contract and Clinton can't go anywhere for two years.

But why worry... Broncos have a way of taking care of the players that they feel are the future of the team. Clinton clearly is the future. Griffin is unknown, we don't know if he is the future or another good running back. Clinton just like Terrell we do know about and that is our bread and butter.

Fortunately we in Denver don't have just one running back who is the entire team, like the Chiefs do.

We do have options and many of them...

If the Chiefs do well again next year and are contenders then I will give them their due. They again proved to me this year that they could not get out of the first round of the playoffs, so I definitely am not sold on them.

If coaches made all the difference then we would be going to the Superbowl and winning a lot more playoff games then we have since we lost John Elway. Unfortunately that did not happen. I do not blame Shanahan for all that, most of the blame should fall on the players.

So the point is if Gunther comes to K.C. So what?

He needs to prove he can do something with the players and K.C. is going to have to have the non-injury filled season they had to do anything, and that is hard to have that twice in a row.

Last thing, the refs are now looking for the blocks in the backs...
    Funny how there never seems to be issues on blocks in the back unless we're playing Denver.

Gunther is a step. Thats what he is. You have to start somewhere. And since our D can't get worse, I have little doubt it will at least get fundamentally better. He will force them to play the basics the way they are supposed to be played.

What any of this has to do with Portis is beyond me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: did anybody watch clinton's interview on nfl live?

Originally posted by bcollin1
    Well, I guess since he hasn't managed to run one back since, it's become less of an issue. You could have had an extra 7 points against us in the second game, but I guess the refs just figured it wouldn't matter anyway.
    Are you sure he hasn't? Or do we not count post season?

<cough> Second year player, one of the top rushing offenses in the league year after year <cough>

Originally posted by Plastique
    <cough> Second year player, one of the top rushing offenses in the league year after year <cough>
    portis makes it work better than old RB's we had. a 5.5 average is very good you know. he is still the youngest guy on the team too. coming into his 3rd year, thats good for us.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: did anybody watch clinton's interview on nfl live?

Originally posted by Mer
    Are you sure he hasn't? Or do we not count post season?
    from thet bronco road game untill the chiefs/colts road game he didn't return one punt or kick back.that was long time. you don't think it's not a coincidence that he didn't return one again untill the playoffs?