Page 1 of 127 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Offical game day thread: Week 6 2006 Raiders vs Broncos

Is it just me or have our TEs been MIA recently? I'm a big advocate of getting Jake off to a good start in the passing game by limiting him to short, safe throws. Normally, this means the TE, but, honestly, I don't think Alexander's number was called last game and Sheff is becoming "Son of Watts" (gets open, but doesn't make the catch). Is there light at the end of the tunnel, or are we going shopping for another TE in the off-season?

They're doing fine...our offense is just in shambles right now. Give it time. We're 3-1...still have 12 games left. It'll start clicking.

I've noticed that also. I'm hoping for Scheffler its just rookie jitters, if he can settle down and make some catches like he did in pre-season I think he has a promising career. I'm not sure why Alexander isn't getting many passes his way. I'd like to see at least a few catches from the TE's, I think it would help open up the offence.

Alexander is not a receiving threat, and hasn't been for years now. Scheffler is a rookie with inflated expectations, at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed
    They're doing fine...our offense is just in shambles right now. Give it time. We're 3-1...still have 12 games left. It'll start clicking.

Yeah, but the serious lack of production from the TE's is one of the reasons our O is in shambles.

We should have kept Putz for another year and dumped Nate. Maybe give Scheffler some mop-up duty this season to get his feet wet. I don't think he's mentally ready to play right now.
    "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people." - Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenis7
    Is it just me or have our TEs been MIA recently? I'm a big advocate of getting Jake off to a good start in the passing game by limiting him to short, safe throws. Normally, this means the TE, but, honestly, I don't think Alexander's number was called last game and Sheff is becoming "Son of Watts" (gets open, but doesn't make the catch). Is there light at the end of the tunnel, or are we going shopping for another TE in the off-season?
    Most of Scheff's non catches have been Plummer's fault. I am not going to say he hasn't dropped anything, but very few balls thrown to him have been on target.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Most of Scheff's non catches have been Plummer's fault. I am not going to say he hasn't dropped anything, but very few balls thrown to him have been on target.

What I have notice is that our young TE, does not runs good routes yet and sometimes he looks stiff.

I can't put my finger on it. but he reminds me of Lelie. He stops ahead of time and don't run great routes.

now give a year and he will do fine. he was playing baseball a lot, so no a lot of time for football before.
    :devil:

Scheff has the rookie deer in the head lights look. He will get better.

Stilll would like to see what Jackson can do. Alexander is.... Alexander.

Mustard good blocking TE.

Jake hasn't been looking their way at all so far.

However, I think it goes beyond that.

If you watch, defenses haven't been putting 8-9 in the box to stop the run like they did last year. It's obvious that defenses have decided to surrender some ground game in order to keep Jake in the pocket more.

The result has LBs staying back, which crowds the short to intermediate passing routes our TEs are known for.

Also, if you have been following Shanny's offenses for very long, you know that most passes to the TE come from the roll out. Again, with the changes in defensive strategies, there are fewer roll outs, thus fewer roll out passes to the TE.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman

If you watch, defenses haven't been putting 8-9 in the box to stop the run like they did last year. It's obvious that defenses have decided to surrender some ground game in order to keep Jake in the pocket more.

The result has LBs staying back, which crowds the short to intermediate passing routes our TEs are known for.

Also, if you have been following Shanny's offenses for very long, you know that most passes to the TE come from the roll out. Again, with the changes in defensive strategies, there are fewer roll outs, thus fewer roll out passes to the TE.
    Nice post Mtnman.

Don't know if you're looking for compliments from me or not, but I appreciated your post here. Some good insights on this one. CP's
    Somebody pressure the QB!!

Thank you . . .

I appreciate the insight here. Many things are hard to pick up that you can convey
    from being there at the game.

It would seem to me, then, that some two- to three-step drops and quick slants
    would be effective to get under those LBs. Except for Denver and Baltimore, the
    LBs usually aren't as quick as the better TEs and the WRs, of course, and often
    find it hard to adjust to passes underneath them.

Maybe I'm all wet, but I thought I'd throw that out.

-----

*sigh* Bubba Franks would have been cool here in Denver...him, along with Walker could of done well.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    It would seem to me, then, that some two- to three-step drops and quick slants
    would be effective to get under those LBs. Except for Denver and Baltimore, the
    LBs usually aren't as quick as the better TEs and the WRs, of course, and often
    find it hard to adjust to passes underneath them.

Maybe I'm all wet, but I thought I'd throw that out.

-----
    I agree. Second half of Baltimore game those quick slants were being run by Rod. That got him going (I think he was shut out in 1st half), and that seemed to have jump started the offense.

As far as my comments about Sheff, I like the guy. It's just that I find it exasperating when he gets open, the ball is catchable.... and he whiffs!! The talent is there (as shown in pre-season); it's just that I'd like to see it being used. If he's got speed, put him in the slot and send him deep; perhaps that will clear out some space for underneath routes.

im already used 2 havin our TE'S mia. ever since sharpe left for baltimore our TE game was over, but like another poster said we should b fine with sheffler and alexander..
    [IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/brew323/lynch.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/brew323/rodsmithsig66yy.jpg[/IMG]