Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1828
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosorBust
    Wow, our Defense gives up 34 and now they are worhtless. I'll bet Coyer is worthless and Shanahan is worthless again too, right?

That was a great game with the wrong out come, unfortunately. At least the offense got it going. I doubt we lose but maybe 2 more games this year. We make the playoffs, go to indy and return the favor of years past.

Great game Jake, not perfect, but pretty damn good!
    Your right Jake did play a good game, but I'll bet you said the same thing last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

The pass defense got shredded, and they have been for the past 5 years. I would fire the defensive coordinator because he made no effort to correct the problem. His 4 man line does not work against Manning and it hasn't in 5 years. He should have looked at past yeats to see what happened. You either go after the QB which they did not do, or you have a pass defense that can contain him. If you don't you lose. Just that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    I hate to disagree, but the Colts are not that good. They are 32 in run defense which means they are about last in the NFL They have a great passing offense, but their run is not very good either. Our defense just imploded. The issue is there is no excuse to put 31 points on the board, and lose the game That is poor defense.
    Out defense did not implode, the Colts are just that good. The only way we would've held them down was to have to Champs, one on Harrison and one on Wayne.

Not so, technically.

Quote Originally Posted by jpark31
    Oh and to the guy that says we are now worthless, get a grip...the has only been one team with an unbeaten season and I don't think the Colts can do it this year...What happens when they lose by 3 points? Are they then worthless?
    I believe there's been THREE teams who went unbeaten, and a fourth (the Bears, I think) who were unbeaten until the title game. No one's done it since the League went to 16 games (though the last Broncos Super Bowl team came closer than anyone, until they lost to the 4-12 Giants, ) and I don't think the Colts will either. Own the Chargers when it counts and we've proven we can hang with Indy, and can beat them next time in either stadium. GO BRONCS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpark31
    How about Plummer fumbling and basically giving the Colts a touchdown?
    How about the O-line giving NO proteciton on that play and leaving Plummer to get mauled.

It was a team loss, let it be.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PA PLUMMER 16
    maybe you should call pat bowlen and ask him for an application then if our coaches are so bad. im sure you would do a much better job buddy
    If that were a possibility, which it isn't, I would consider it, seeing as how I couldn't do any worse than the coaches today....the reality is that the Broncos were totally schooled today by a team that isn't that good, they just know how to exploit the opposing defenses and they did it very well....obviously you think this team played terrific today or you watched an entirely different game then I did....because what I saw today was pure crap....and the defense did nothing to shut up the naysayers....because when it comes right down to it they do not have the capabilities to back up their smart mouths with action...Darrett Williams is proof positive of this...so yes, I could do just as good of a job coaching today as Coyer and Shanahan did....and come out the same way, Losers....but that's because I am not a professional...they are...but they showed me nothing today but pure crap...and you're only as good as your last game....and they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by hottmama
    If that were a possibility, which it isn't, I would consider it, seeing as how I couldn't do any worse than the coaches today....the reality is that the Broncos were totally schooled today by a team that isn't that good, they just know how to exploit the opposing defenses and they did it very well....obviously you think this team played terrific today or you watched an entirely different game then I did....because what I saw today was pure crap....and the defense did nothing to shut up the naysayers....because when it comes right down to it they do not have the capabilities to back up their smart mouths with action...Darrett Williams is proof positive of this...so yes, I could do just as good of a job coaching today as Coyer and Shanahan did....and come out the same way, Losers....but that's because I am not a professional...they are...but they showed me nothing today but pure crap...and you're only as good as your last game....and they suck.
    I guess the season is over then. I'll go burn all my jerseys and try to find a better team to root for then.

Quote Originally Posted by Morambar
    I believe there's been THREE teams who went unbeaten, and a fourth (the Bears, I think) who were unbeaten until the title game. No one's done it since the League went to 16 games (though the last Broncos Super Bowl team came closer than anyone, until they lost to the 4-12 Giants, ) and I don't think the Colts will either. Own the Chargers when it counts and we've proven we can hang with Indy, and can beat them next time in either stadium. GO BRONCS!!!
    In 1972 the Dolphins completed the NFL's first and only perfect season, winning every regular season game, two playoff games and Super Bowl VII, defeating the Washington Redskins 14-7. (from Wilkpedia.org)...

The Bears lost game 13 in 1985 to the Dolphins and then went on to win the playoffs and Super Bowl...

BTW, the Dophons only had 14 regular season games and no team has ever went 16-0 since changing to 16 games...
    I Love Orange Crush!

Quote Originally Posted by hottmama
    the reality is that the Broncos were totally schooled today by a team that isn't that good, they just know how to exploit the opposing defenses and they did it very well....:
    do you even know who peyton manning, reggie wayne, or marvin harrison are? oh yeah the colts aren't that good and they totally suck at 7-0

they just showed the high-lights on the news. it was like reliving the nightmare all over again
    Last edited by tpryce93; 10-29-2006 at 06:02 PM.
    the space that is mine

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...mebag-sig2.gif
    We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal

http://www.azlp.org/images/ron-paul-revolution.jpg

What I honestly think lost us the game!

Yes I thought that the defense didn't show up today (mainly pass rush, pass defense, etc.), and Coyer didn't make any successful changes either than what kind of prevent to run. But the real reason why I think we lost the game was the last three play calls on the last Bronco series. First play, run with Tatum who was struggling all game with his "Toe" and footing. Slip and fall no gain. This would have been a perfect chance for a roll out play action and either a Jake run or a dump off for 6-10 yards. Next down another run with Mike Bell who was having a sweet game and slipps and falls no gain. Decent call, but still un-aggressive. Last play when it was VERY obvious that the Colts were blitzing we run a 5 step drop and no crossing patterns or quick slants, Jake make an awesome play and was so rushed to get rid of the ball he doesn't realize he can run for a possible first down.

All in all I think that our lack of aggressiveness on the last three plays lost us the game. There is no way that we can leave Manning that much time left with three to's to march down the field and give it to the most clutch kicker in NFL history. We ablsolutely had to get first downs and get a touchdown there.

Kind of amazing to think that having to "settle" for getting your 31st point would cost you a game. Sorry, I still have to look at the pass rush not showing up.
    Somebody pressure the QB!!

I just don't understand why Darrent Williams was left alone on an island time and time again? Wouldn't it be possible to switch Champ around so that Indy didn't know where he was going to be? Or would that have been asking Champ to do too much and tiring him out?

Imamusd

Quote Originally Posted by Imamusd
    I just don't understand why Darrent Williams was left alone on an island time and time again? Wouldn't it be possible to switch Champ around so that Indy didn't know where he was going to be? Or would that have been asking Champ to do too much and tiring him out?

Imamusd
    Manning would ALWAYS know where Champ is. He is the best QB in the league, and it is no accident that he always exposes the weak link. If Champ covered Wayne, then Harrison would have the big plays.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

The Best of the Rest, Again.

Despite Shanny & Co. having won two super bowls and having multiple playoff appearances, Denver lost this game due to poor defensive coaching and coaching staff pride/stubborness. Unfortunately this has been a reoccuring reason for losses the past few seasons.

It honestly looked like Denver was playing a preseason, vanilla defense throughout the game. They were clearly afraid of getting picked apart by the pass and basically dropped 7 into coverage every down (this is why Addai would gain 5 yds before he was touched, the LB's were dropping into coverage almost every down instead of being aggresive forward).

Coyer ditched the blitz happy gameplans of last year, but blitzing is how you beat Indy. See San Diego and Pittsburgh last yr. I know this, the whole league knows this, yet Denver doesn't try it. The Indy recievers are simply too good for any defense. No matter how good a CB is, a WR always has the advantage (Champ has the ability to minimize that advantage better than any secondary player in the league). So, since a good passing O will always beat a good secondary, you HAVE to get pressure on the QB and Denver didn't even attempt to do this, and there is simply no good excuse for it. I

As stated above, Denver dropped SEVEN into coverage and Indy players were still getting open every play while Peyton had 5+ seconds in the pocket. After halftime, at the latest, Denver needed to start bring 5, 6+ on rushes pretty often to try and hurry up and bang up Manning. Coyer did not want to switch schemes, and I can't think of a good reason why.

It's great that the O finally came to life. But I fear that this game is simply proves that Denver is again maybe the best second teir team in the league. They can't win againt the big boys and always find a way to fold right when they need to come through the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Imamusd

Imamusd

Because they have too many weapons to afford a double team on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco in UT
    First play, run with Tatum who was struggling all game with his "Toe" and footing. Slip and fall no gain. This would have been a perfect chance for a roll out play action and either a Jake run or a dump off for 6-10 yards. Next down another run with Mike Bell who was having a sweet game and slipps and falls no gain. Decent call, but still un-aggressive.
    So just ignore the fact that our success late in the game came running the ball down the throats of the Colts?

You can't have it both ways... if not for our "un-aggressive"ness earlier, we might not even have been in the situation to tie.