Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122
Results 1,816 to 1,828 of 1828
    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Manning would ALWAYS know where Champ is. He is the best QB in the league, and it is no accident that he always exposes the weak link. If Champ covered Wayne, then Harrison would have the big plays.
    I'm afraid you are right there. However, I do agree that perhaps the Broncos should
    have tried a couple surprise switches. It fooled Brady, who is probably the one QB
    as smart as Manning.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    Why not just put in a nickel or dime formation and have Darrent and Foxworth cover Wayne.

I'm a better coordinator than Coyer.

I like the way you think. Where can I sign up for your newsletter?

Seriously, if we can't make changes midway to help us to victory we are going to be in trouble during the playoffs.
    [URL=http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?p=1351820#post1351820]DENVER BRONCOS 06-07 Desktop Wallpaper (WEEK7)[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by tpryce93
    do you even know who peyton manning, reggie wayne, or marvin harrison are? oh yeah the colts aren't that good and they totally suck at 7-0

they just showed the high-lights on the news. it was like reliving the nightmare all over again
    Then don't watch the highlights.

They really are not that good. Look at their previous games. they have been winning by 2, 3 and 4 points on last second plays. Only on really bad teams did they put a lot of points on the board. They do have the talent to exploit weaknesses, and as most of the news Casters, Marino for one have said, Denver is good, but not that good. their secondary is too loose and a good passer will shred it. And that is just what manning did.

Quote Originally Posted by cmpastore7
    Despite Shanny & Co. having won two super bowls and having multiple playoff appearances, Denver lost this game due to poor defensive coaching and coaching staff pride/stubborness. Unfortunately this has been a reoccuring reason for losses the past few seasons.

It honestly looked like Denver was playing a preseason, vanilla defense throughout the game. They were clearly afraid of getting picked apart by the pass and basically dropped 7 into coverage every down (this is why Addai would gain 5 yds before he was touched, the LB's were dropping into coverage almost every down instead of being aggresive forward).

Coyer ditched the blitz happy gameplans of last year, but blitzing is how you beat Indy. See San Diego and Pittsburgh last yr. I know this, the whole league knows this, yet Denver doesn't try it. The Indy recievers are simply too good for any defense. No matter how good a CB is, a WR always has the advantage (Champ has the ability to minimize that advantage better than any secondary player in the league). So, since a good passing O will always beat a good secondary, you HAVE to get pressure on the QB and Denver didn't even attempt to do this, and there is simply no good excuse for it. I

As stated above, Denver dropped SEVEN into coverage and Indy players were still getting open every play while Peyton had 5+ seconds in the pocket. After halftime, at the latest, Denver needed to start bring 5, 6+ on rushes pretty often to try and hurry up and bang up Manning. Coyer did not want to switch schemes, and I can't think of a good reason why.

It's great that the O finally came to life. But I fear that this game is simply proves that Denver is again maybe the best second teir team in the league. They can't win againt the big boys and always find a way to fold right when they need to come through the most.
    You called it right on the nail. To beat Indy, you have to Blitz. The 4 front 7 coverage will not stop him because he is accurate and nows where the receivers will be. Coyer's lack of Blitze and ignorance of the previous games against Indy showed and the Broncos paid the price for it. Frankly, I am not sure why he is the defensive coordinator as he has never coached a winning team. The last thing Denver needs is a defensive coordinator from one of the worst teams in football, the Browns. He is not willing to make changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    Then don't watch the highlights.

They really are not that good. Look at their previous games. they have been winning by 2, 3 and 4 points on last second plays. Only on really bad teams did they put a lot of points on the board. They do have the talent to exploit weaknesses, and as most of the news Casters, Marino for one have said, Denver is good, but not that good. their secondary is too loose and a good passer will shred it. And that is just what manning did.

Well there still 7-0 and they did only win by 3 points with not enough time on the clock for us to make anything happen.

I know we lost but with the offense showing signs of life, im confident that broncos will have another great season and an excellent chance at the superbowl. we lost to a great team with a hell of a quarterback tonite, im sure this whole week shanny and the other coaches will be making the D practice at what they failed at tonite. you'll be seeing us in the superbowl if plummer played the way he did tonite and the Defense corrects the mistakes they made tonite.

were more then a great team, with a great coach.... wait and see

edit: a few other things. Some of you bronco's fans are never satisfied. one week your saying the offense needs to show signs of life, need to make plays and reach the 20+ mark, and when they do you find other things to complain about....its like you only look for the negatives...ya our defense wasnt anything close to good tonite, but out of 7 games this is pretty much there first major dissappointment. think about the positives that can come out of this.......Our offense showed they can get it done when it needs to get done, our defense shows they can prevent touchdowns when it matters(excluding tonites game). Now look at that and realize if they can get these guys to work in sync. then we can cause damage.

Im happy with our team and where there at right now. but this doesnt mean that i wasnt frustrated with the defense tonite because i was. but i believe they will work that out for next weeks game.
    Last edited by DeBroncos47; 10-29-2006 at 08:06 PM.
    [img]http://cache.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2005/lynch_john_051224.jpg[/img]

Great game............BUT

We had this one our last series is just too familiar... too conservative after the big run; settling for a 47 yd field goal to take the lead, but leaving almost 2 mins on the clock, giving Peyton enough time to take the Dolts down the field, win the game, and make another commercial. Come on Shanni Jake did his job today, but you gave it away
    Broncos (can) Rule (again)!!!

It was a really good game! Sad in the last 2 seconds, but our offense was really good! I wore my Plummer Jersey and at halftime people were offering to buy me beer! Loved the game, but left sad!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderGirl
    It was a really good game! Sad in the last 2 seconds, but our offense was really good! I wore my Plummer Jersey and at halftime people were offering to buy me beer! Loved the game, but left sad!

Glad that you enjoyed despite the sad way it finished.

The game to me felt as if I'd watched a good movie, only the Director messed up and gave it the wrong ending.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws
    Glad that you enjoyed despite the sad way it finished.

The game to me felt as if I'd watched a good movie, only the Director messed up and gave it the wrong ending.
    LOL, that about sums it up
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

Spiffing sig, MasterShake

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

I think the key part of why we lost the game was the fumble at our own 12 yard line. Turnovers in the red zone vs Indy are bad.

I am optomistic that our offense did find its groove yesterday.

Hopefully we can bounce back against a desperate Pitt team. This is a scary game for me because desperate teams usually play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco
    I think the key part of why we lost the game was the fumble at our own 12 yard line. Turnovers in the red zone vs Indy are bad.

I am optomistic that our offense did find its groove yesterday.

Hopefully we can bounce back against a desperate Pitt team. This is a scary game for me because desperate teams usually play well.
    Turnovers are bad, but the worse thing was that we managed to force them to punt once all day. Other than that and the kneel down at the end of the half they scored on every drive
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

Spiffing sig, MasterShake

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco
    As Den21-Bal19 says below, we only stopped them once all day, and they scored TDs on most of their second half drives, other than when all they neeeded was a fieldgoal to win at the end. Even the fieldgoals in the first half was mostly the Colts own fault. I think Clark dropped to 3rd down conversions that forced them to kick field goals (one might have led to a punt). The first one Peyton threw behind him, but he still got both hands on it and dropped it. Another one hit him squarely in his hands and he dropped it. Those weren't really credit to our defense, but early mistakes by the Colts.

A fumble in your own redzone is real bad, but even if it hadn't been a fumble, it would have been 4th down on our 12, so you punt and would be lucky to get them on their own side of the 50, which is another short field for Manning.

As bad as the fumble was, another play that was just as big, and likely bigger, was when Ferguson was in position for an INT and let it go right between his hands (in the first half I believe). Fortunately, it was an INC I believe, but that INT could have been big. I think Indy wound up scoring three on that drive, so the INT would have taken three off the scoreboard for them, and given our offense another chance to score.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Not exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by jpark31
    In 1972 the Dolphins completed the NFL's first and only perfect season, winning every regular season game, two playoff games and Super Bowl VII, defeating the Washington Redskins 14-7. (from Wilkpedia.org)...

The Bears lost game 13 in 1985 to the Dolphins and then went on to win the playoffs and Super Bowl...

BTW, the Dophons only had 14 regular season games and no team has ever went 16-0 since changing to 16 games...
    And in 1948 the Cleveland Browns were 14-0 (in fairness, they were in the AAFC at the time, but when the leagues merged they didn't even slow down, and in his ten year career Otto Graham was 7-3 in the "Super Bowl" of the day. ) The guys who felt worst about that were the 12-4 San Francisco 49ers who lost their division and a trip to the playoffs when the Browns beat them twice.

The 1934 and 42 Chicago Bears WERE an NFL team, and went 13-0 and 11-0, respectively, perfect regular seasons, though both did lose the Championship Game. Conversely, while no Championship game was played, the 1929 Green Bay Packers won the Championship title with an 11-0 record.

So, depending on what you consider a "perfect" season, there's been either 3 or 5. Only one since the first Super Bowl, and none since the 16 game seasons started. And OJ had more yards/game in '73 than Eric D ickerson in '84.

Edit: Does anyone else find it amusing that the record holder for single season rushing is a swear word? Who wrote our language filter, a Baylor alumn?
    Last edited by Morambar; 11-05-2006 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Because the record holder for single season rushing is a swear word....