Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKIES
    Off of residual talent alone...Michael Irvin use to say of that 90's Cowboy team "The only team that can beat us, is, us". In other words hands off Barry we play for more than National Championships around here...I could have coached that Cowboys team to there 3rd Superbowl win in four years by simply letting them play football. That's all Barry did...
    thats my point.. and that was Jones' point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    thats my point.. and that was Jones' point as well.
    I hear you Ravage...I just think that if Jerry had it to do all over again he would have left things well enough alone. Have you ever thought about what may have happened if Jimmy would have continued to coach that Cowboys team?...

I hear you Ravage...I just think that if Jerry had it to do all over again he would have left things well enough alone. Have you ever thought about what may have happened if Jimmy would have continued to coach that Cowboys team?...
    L for losers..

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4l1fe
    There were a few 3 and outs...some of his passes where a bit long...it seems like he does not have the timing down...pretty damn close but not there yet...HOWEVER he did have that great pass that was called back....whatever his mind state during that time...whatever he was thinking...the motions...feeling ect. That is what he has to find in EVERY play...but he is the only one that can find it...it is not coached...it is learned from listening to your body...which only few do. You should never give excuses...if he threw the ball to hard he should say so...if he did not see a guy that picked it off...either say it..or say it was a good defensive play...just not I could play better.

I don't know what everyone else has written, because this is as far as I got.

This is unreasonable thinking. This may be the most ludacrious thing about an athlete that I have ever heard.

Sir, or madam, I didn't check, what you are asking for is perfection. Not 100% on a test perfection, but an every student with 100% on a test in under 5 minutes perfection. Now to accomplish this feat, I am referring to the tests, one must test the students on something extremely below there level, to "dumb" it down per say.

However, there is no "dumbing" down your opponent in the NFL. The Raiders are as close as one could get to "dumbing" down a NFL team, and that really would only apply to their offense, because their defense has been more than adequate.

One cannot expect any athlete, to be perfect everytime, and that is what you are saying with this "...HOWEVER he did have that great pass that was called back....whatever his mind state during that time...whatever he was thinking...the motions...feeling ect. That is what he has to find in EVERY play"

Me thinks ye ask to mucheth.

Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4l1fe
    Well if the guy says himself that he could play better...then do...step up...find out what your doing wrong improve on it etc...the same thing I say EVERY YEAR about this guy. It just sounds like a excuse every week. Payton, and Brady do improve both of their teams are good, they handle situations well. This is the first time I have seen Plummer on the side line talking to players...Usually he goes down and sits on the bench alone, maybe someone comes up to him to talk...I would like to see more of that...talk to your fellow players on the side lines. The better players seem to talk to each other on the side line, I have been to 2 games this year and that is how Plummer acts when he is not on the field. Every one can improve...or change something that is not working. He is horrible in the pocket..he needs to figure out how to fix that to be better than a GOOD quarterback.
    I would argue that Jake is playing much better this year than Brady.... Our WRs werent getting it done earlier this season, but now that they are, Jake Plummer was able to lead an offense to a win, with a running back that only gained 27 yards. And its not even disputable, Jake was much better against the Colts than Brady was, and Jake was much better against the Pats, than Brady was against the Broncos. Say what you want about they guy, but hes a winner. His stats sometimes suck, but its all about wins and losses, and Jake has way more wins in denver, than he does losses. I hate to remind people that Elway ( who is still in a league of his own), was a gun slinger, a guy who always tried to make things happen, didnt always have the best stats. If Denver doesnt make it to the Superbowl this year, It wont be Jakes fault. It will be due to the fact that Peyton Manning is the best QB/ coach in NFL history. Tony Dungy is just a formality.

Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    The longer this season goes on, the more convinced I am that Heimerdinger tried to shake up our offense at the beginning of the year and it didn't work. We're getting back to what Plummer does best, and it shows when we put up 31 points against a quality defense like the Steelers.
    I agree. I made the same comment before the first and second game. It was clear to me that the Broncos had changed their offensive scheme quite a bit. They were not even attempting to move Plummer out of the pocket or even run much straight play action, and they ran much more plays in the shotgun then they have in recent years.

Whether the scheme changes didn't fit Jake, the o-line, or it was just bad timing with all the new receivers, it obviously didn't work and over the last 3-4 games the Broncos have been getting back to the kind of play calling that has made them successful in the past.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Almost daily in football season.

Simple: They'd be the only team in history to win three SBs in a row, and universally (well, maybe not in Philly, Washington, SF or GB) considered the best ever. They'd probably have won 4 or more, though probably not in a row; winning the Big One hurts you in the draft and in scheduling. Heck, if the refs has called a clean, or at least even, game in the '94 NFC Championship they would've anyway, but I don't like to think about that one; my dad, a Cowboys fan from the start, died in March of '95, so he never saw the third one, at least not on TV. Ah, memories... life got really interesting when my Warren Moon Oilers were on NBC at the same time the Aikman Cowboys were on CBS. The year Houston was 13-3 I almost burned Elway in effigy; what was it, 4th and 18 with Houston leading late and he converts it, somehow? Seems like he ran for it, too. *shakes head*