Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycombo
    I like Cutler and I hope he develops into a good QB...but I hope Jake plays a couple of more years for us...

Anyway, I was watching the game between florida/vanderbilt this weekend.

Vanderbilt is 4-4, four games was what cutler won in three years.

I can help but notice that...is cutler really that good.

Actually, it was 11 games.

I think Cutler will be good, if not great. I don't think Denver would have wasted trading up to get him if they didn't think he had the potential to lead this offense.

Vanderbilt just isn't that great of a football team, and happens to be slightly better this season than in previous years when Cutler was there. Don't read too much into how many games Culter won/loss while in Vanderbilt. Some great NFL quarterbacks never even won a bowl game (i.e. John Elway).

But I think that the God-like expectations some fans have of Culter can crack him. It nearly cracked Elway, it did crack Griese, and it remains to be seen what Jake's ultimate fate in Denver will be. I think that it's going to be a very difficult transition going from Jake to Jay, and I expect 1-2 seasons where we truly struggle at times in both a game and for the season as a whole. How Jay responds will be the ultimate test to his ability to lead this franchise back to the Super Bowl. But I really wish some people will just let up, and be patient with Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730
    I think Cutler will be good, if not great. I don't think Denver would have wasted trading up to get him if they didn't think he had the potential to lead this offense.

Vanderbilt just isn't that great of a football team, and happens to be slightly better this season than in previous years when Cutler was there. Don't read too much into how many games Culter won/loss while in Vanderbilt. Some great NFL quarterbacks never even won a bowl game (i.e. John Elway).

But I think that the God-like expectations some fans have of Culter can crack him. It nearly cracked Elway, it did crack Griese, and it remains to be seen what Jake's ultimate fate in Denver will be. I think that it's going to be a very difficult transition going from Jake to Jay, and I expect 1-2 seasons where we truly struggle at times in both a game and for the season as a whole. How Jay responds will be the ultimate test to his ability to lead this franchise back to the Super Bowl. But I really wish some people will just let up, and be patient with Cutler.
    What people think doesnt mean jack ****. The reality is they hope, but the truth is Cutler could swing both ways and either suck or shine.
    Last edited by MileHighStud; 11-06-2006 at 02:23 PM.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    it was good to see some offense working in that second half. It was nonexistant in the first. Anyone else notice how much better the Defense pressured Roth once the offense stayed on the field for more? ONce the offense started to finally put together some drives, the defense was able to rest up for more than 43 seconds.
    Great post CP for you

Well, I will say this about Cutler that I think is near-fact...

Given the team he landed with and the circumstances, Cutler has the opportunity to be the best QB taken of the 2006 draft.

Ultimately, only time will tell. But right now, it's Jake's time, and we all just need to accept it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4l1fe
    Plummer will not be around next year....as a starter anyways....and why in the world does he always say that "I can play better"...why not play at your best in every single game??
    Great Post

Plummer will not be around next year....as a starter anyways....and why in the world does he always say that "I can play better"...why not play at your best in every single game??

Somebody has been drinking 'Hater-Aid"
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by PurdueBronc
    Plain and simple... Anything short of a SB victory means the end of Plummer. He has played well the past couple of weeks, but lets hope it's not an aborration. Trading Cutler is preposterous.
    Great Post

Well if the guy says himself that he could play better...then do...step up...find out what your doing wrong improve on it etc...the same thing I say EVERY YEAR about this guy. It just sounds like a excuse every week. Payton, and Brady do improve both of their teams are good, they handle situations well. This is the first time I have seen Plummer on the side line talking to players...Usually he goes down and sits on the bench alone, maybe someone comes up to him to talk...I would like to see more of that...talk to your fellow players on the side lines. The better players seem to talk to each other on the side line, I have been to 2 games this year and that is how Plummer acts when he is not on the field. Every one can improve...or change something that is not working. He is horrible in the pocket..he needs to figure out how to fix that to be better than a GOOD quarterback.

Perhaps he did not play the perfect game. Maybe he could have thrown a pass better. There is no one in the game that can't improve, some part or a play in the game.

Just any QB that thinks he is perfect is gonna cost you major points.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    IMHO "If you want Cutler in, you dont like to win" Because with the SNAKE, that is what we do!! WIN!!!
    Not True

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    What people think doesnt mean jack ****. The reality is they hope, but the truth is Cutler could swing both ways and either suck or shine.
    Jake has played the role of Jackal and Hyde fairly well; and since you like Jake, you should like Cutler if he swings both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    Actually, it was 11 games.
    Nice correction i was gonna post the same thing

Well if the guy says himself that he could play better...then do...step up...find out what your doing wrong improve on it etc...the same thing I say EVERY YEAR about this guy. It just sounds like a excuse every week. Payton, and Brady do improve both of their teams are good, they handle situations well. This is the first time I have seen Plummer on the side line talking to players...Usually he goes down and sits on the bench alone, maybe someone comes up to him to talk...I would like to see more of that...talk to your fellow players on the side lines. The better players seem to talk to each other on the side line, I have been to 2 games this year and that is how Plummer acts when he is not on the field. Every one can improve...or change something that is not working. He is horrible in the pocket..he needs to figure out how to fix that to be better than a GOOD quarterback.
    The problem with that (everything quoted) is he has improved, from week to week, over the past three weeks. IF he keeps improving and we go deep in to the playoofs again or even the super bowl, I can see him staying one more year if he beats out Cutler next preseason, just as Drew did with Rivers.

I don't see any reason why this situation won't end up like the Brees/Rivers situation in SD.............I'm sure I've seen it mentioned somewhere on here that we're supposedly under the cap for next season, so if we're successful then Jake stays an additional year, and Cutler gets to learn more about the NFL as Rivers did by spending an additional year on the bench.
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

Spiffing sig, MasterShake

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    The longer this season goes on, the more convinced I am that Heimerdinger tried to shake up our offense at the beginning of the year and it didn't work. We're getting back to what Plummer does best, and it shows when we put up 31 points against a quality defense like the Steelers.
    That and coupled with all the new faces whether they were on teh field as starters or not trying to learn one of the most complicated offenses in Pro football.

Rod has been different this year. I won;t say getting old cause he looked like the hot-rod of old on that first lightning strike for a TD in the PIT game.
    Javon has it down pretty good at this point. Considering how little he played with Jake in the preseason.
    Tater has been a bright spot.
    Mike seems to be IMHO the next TD type player.
    Scheffler is still trying to find the restroom.
    Same with Marshall.
    Alexander has been non existent, same with Johnson, sapp and cobbs.

Now some of the Jake haters are gonna say these are excuses. But newbies coupled with a newer play calling scheme, has not seemed to have been doing the job.