Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is rod playing this weekend? or will Marshall get the start?

Fill me in?

I would love to see Marshall get some more time, from the catches he made this season its been pretty promising hes a huge target and it can only benefit the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty
    Fill me in?

I would love to see Marshall get some more time, from the catches he made this season its been pretty promising hes a huge target and it can only benefit the offense.
    I think Marshall will see some looks but there's really no doubt that Rod gets the start. He's the top broncos reciever ever. Brandon Marshall is a promising rookie. I think that Marshall gets the spot when Rod retires but not before.
    Long live the Broncos
    Member of lagpa.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/6310/champsaq1qy1.png Thanks Reid!
    My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
    John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolitis
    I think Marshall will see some looks but there's really no doubt that Rod gets the start. He's the top broncos reciever ever. Brandon Marshall is a promising rookie. I think that Marshall gets the spot when Rod retires but not before.
    Rod seperated his shoulder during the Pittsburgh game apparently.

Ton ten Bronco receiver or not, that's going to open some options.

I say let Rod rest or relegate him to a limited role and give him time to heal up for the stretch of big games down the line (SD, KC, Seattle, etc)

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

yeah I know if rod plays he will start but I thought he might not play this week thats all

Quote Originally Posted by Lorcust
    Rod seperated his shoulder during the Pittsburgh game apparently.

Ton ten Bronco receiver or not, that's going to open some options.

I say let Rod rest or relegate him to a limited role and give him time to heal up for the stretch of big games down the line (SD, KC, Seattle, etc)
    Oh I didn't hear about that. I'll have to look it up.
    Long live the Broncos
    Member of lagpa.

My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
    John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Are you sure it was Rod with the hurt shoulder. I just looked at yahoo and our hompage and they both mentioned D.williams having a seperated shoulder but nothing on Rod.
    Long live the Broncos
    Member of lagpa.

^yeah hes listed as Questionable

^yeah hes listed as Questionable
    Where's that. I believe you I just want to know where to get info on injuries. It seems like i always miss them.
    Long live the Broncos
    Member of lagpa.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=6220

nvm hes listed as probable now and so is

Tatum Bell (toe), Cedric Cobbs (ankle), Nick Ferguson (concussion), Kyle Johnson (ankle), John Lynch (concussion), Rod Smith (shoulder), Gerard Warren (toe), Darrent Williams (shoulder) and Al Wilson (concussion) were all upgraded to probable

Ebenezer (Ekuban) and Ian (Gold) and Pat Chukwurah as doubtful," Shanahan said. "Unless there's a turnaround, those guys will not play.

okay so is Elvis Dumervil gonna start then?

here's the current injury report from nfl.com

Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders

DENVER

OUT
    FS Sam Brandon (Knee)

DOUBTFUL
    OLB Patrick Chukwurah (Hamstring)
    DE Ebenezer Ekuban (Thigh)
    OLB Ian Gold (Hamstring)

PROBABLE
    RB Tatum Bell (Toe)
    RB Cedric Cobbs (Ankle)
    SS Nick Ferguson (Concussion)
    FB Kyle Johnson (Ankle)
    FS John Lynch (Concussion)
    WR Rod Smith (Shoulder)
    DT Gerard Warren (Toe)
    CB Darrent Williams (Shoulder)
    MLB Al Wilson (Concussion)

OAKLAND

QUESTIONABLE
    QB Aaron Brooks (Shoulder)
    FS Jarrod Cooper (Hamstring)
    FB Zack Crockett (Knee)
    OLB Isaiah Ekejiuba (Foot)
    G Barry Sims (Abdomen)
    TE Randal Williams (Back)

PROBABLE
    RB Justin Fargas (Shoulder)
    T Robert Gallery (Groin)
    SS Michael Huff (Concussion)
    RB LaMont Jordan (Back)
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Tatum Bell (toe), Cedric Cobbs (ankle), Nick Ferguson (concussion), Kyle Johnson (ankle), John Lynch (concussion), Rod Smith (shoulder), Gerard Warren (toe), Darrent Williams (shoulder) and Al Wilson (concussion) were all upgraded to probable

Ebenezer (Ekuban) and Ian (Gold) and Pat Chukwurah as doubtful," Shanahan said. "Unless there's a turnaround, those guys will not play.

possible, but i would expect lang to start at LDE and engelberger to start at RDE, with dumervil probably getting a lot more action than he has been (i hope so, i just picked him up for one of my fantasy teams). . . .

I think moneyburgler, I mean, Engelberger, will get the starting nod, with Dumervil getting sprinkled in more often than usual, and if he starts impressing more, John's role gets lessened over the course of the game.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

I think moneyburgler, I mean, Engelberger, will get the starting nod, with Dumervil getting sprinkled in more often than usual, and if he starts impressing more, John's role gets lessened over the course of the game.

I want to see more of marshall and dumervil...although he needs to learn more.

I think they both will be great next year. we need to develop both this year, we are going to need them in the playoffs.
    :devil:

Interesting question. If Rod doesn't play, I don't know who would take his place.

Technically, Kircus is Rod's backup and Brandon is Javon's backup. But since Kircus is usually the third WR, they might move Marshall into Rod's spot so there would be less players out of position (if that makes sense). =P
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ckdaDookie.png

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

now, now. . . . i think you know how i feel about the defensive line, but that's not a nice thing to call engelberger. . . . he's no trevor "lazy ass" pryce!

dude plays hard, it's not his fault he lacks the skills to be a top pass rusher. . . besides, i think he's been our most consistent DE against the run all year-- i've seen a LOT of plays where he moves down the line to make a tackle, and he pursues well and plays with a high motor. . . hey, it's not like i'm thrilled with the performance of ANYONE on the D-line, but the guy hustles non-stop, and deserves some credit for it. . . he also finally gave us some pass rush in the second half against pitt-- he was getting pretty consistent pressure, and i even saw him split a few double teams. . . ask WA if you don't believe me, he commented on it also. . . maybe it's too much to hope that it'll continue, but i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed. . .