Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    Your on the money with Sheffler and Cutler. He also worked well with Walker and Kircus. Seems Jay put the ball out in front where they could get some yards after the catch.
    Cutler threw a catchable ball, period. No flopper-duck, 15 yards too far, or 3 feet behind the receiver...Jay can put the rock on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    How long's Romo been out of college?

....next.....
    How much playing time has Romo had before this year? Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Black00SS
    Cutler threw a catchable ball, period. No flopper-duck, 15 yards too far, or 3 feet behind the receiver...Jay can put the rock on the money.

I've heard receivers say you can't help but catch his ball because when they turn around the ball is right on top of them and it's a bullet that sticks and hurts their hands. Of course, I've seen many a touch pass by him also.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos724
    While the defense did get complacent to a certain degree when we had that 17-pt lead the vast majority of blame for this one falls on Jake. The Chargers were throwing out there an extremely weak defense, and one that was very vulnerable to the pass - you saw what Carson Palmer did the previous week. However, Jake couldn't capitalize on it one bit. And we even got our running game going, but still it didn't matter!

The fact is, they have LT, they are going to come away with 7 if they get in the red zone, it's a near-certainty. If you want to be technical, the defense gave up 28 points while the outcome was still in doubt, that last TD they got was the result of going for it and missing on 4th down. Giving up 28 to the Chargers is better than average. However, when you can only score 20 offensive points yourselves against a vulnerable defense, you are not going to beat the Chargers.
    Vulnerable to the pass?

Sorry to bust your bubble, but they give up less yardage than denver does....and is ranked in teh top 10.
    And don't look now, but KC's is above Denver's...AND above SD's......

Too bad all 4 teams of the AFCW are in the top 10 in defense......

...and denver's is the only paper tiger of the bunch.....
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

I've heard receivers say you can't help but catch his ball because when they turn around the ball is right on top of them and it's a bullet that sticks and hurts their hands. Of course, I've seen many a touch pass by him also.
    I seen some of his games at Vandy, the senior bowl, and all his preseason stuff...he can make EVERY throw. The kid has an absolute cannon for an arm, but can also put a little touch on it if necessary. I just hope he can perform at a high level once he gets under Center, we need good QB play on this team, this year, badly. Hopefully he can come in and run the offense pretty well, until he gets a firm grasp on the entire system...but time will tell.

Vulnerable to the pass?

Sorry to bust your bubble, but they give up less yardage than denver does....and is ranked in teh top 10.

It's not because they have great secondary its because they very good front seven the Bengals showed that last week. Our problem was execution in the passing game.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Your on the money with Sheffler and Cutler. He also worked well with Walker and Kircus. Seems Jay put the ball out in front where they could get some yards after the catch.
    The MAIN reason we don't have TE's catching passes is because they aren't running routes, they are staying in to block.

Moving on from that, and forgetting the Plummer/Cutler thing for a minute.... People that are AT the games, a question for you...
    Are our receivers getting open? We had 2 guys running open on fly patterns that Jake overthrew last night, but was that it???? The TV view is very limited.... Maybe I'll try this in it's own thread, but I'm really curious...
    Somebody pressure the QB!!

As one of the biggest Jake supporters on this forum, I agree. It is time. I love Jake for what hes done the last 3.5 seasons, but its time to go with the QB of the future and let the future start now.

I have been on the fence on the Plummer/Cutler debates the entire yr. But well, enough is enough at this pt. I am not blaming the loss on Plummer. I am not syaing that he is a horrible qb, that deserves to be beaten to a pulp by Mtn Man and his posse. I am saying that he just might not be enough for this team to win a super bowl. On a dominating defense like the Ravens back in the day, Dilfer was enough to win. Unfortunately our defense isnt of that caliber. Our pass rush is non existent, and we really only have one player who can cover in the secondary. that team was able to win, without needing a big game from their qb.

For us to beat elite level teams we need a qb who can play up to that level. AND CONSISTENTLY. I dont need people pointing out to me he played well against Indy. Every QB has a good game or two (see NE for 2). But in the playoffs we need 3 quality games in a row. And I unfortunately dont think Jake is capable of that. I really feel like we have little to lose by starting Cutler, and a whole lot to gain. We wont win the super bowl this yr with plummer, I mean imagine Plummer playing 3 great games against SD, Indy and Baltimore. We may not necc play those 3, but the AFC is loaded and we will be playing some great teams.

Putting in Cutler may be a wash for this yr, but it will pay dividends for next yr. He can get real game practice, and be rdy to make a big time run this yr. And who knows we all think he has talent, I am sure he is capable of a similar consistency to Plummer 1 good game every 3-4 games. Anything else is just gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by ydave77
    I
    For us to beat elite level teams we need a qb who can play up to that level. AND CONSISTENTLY. I dont need people pointing out to me he played well against Indy. Every QB has a good game or two (see NE for 2). But in the playoffs we need 3 quality games in a row. And I unfortunately dont think Jake is capable of that. I really feel like we have little to lose by starting Cutler, and a whole lot to gain.
    Putting in Cutler may be a wash for this yr, but it will pay dividends for next yr. He can get real game practice, and be rdy to make a big time run this yr. And who knows we all think he has talent, I am sure he is capable of a similar consistency to Plummer 1 good game every 3-4 games. Anything else is just gravy.
    This is an excellent point. Every player and every QB has their occasional good game. But its consistantcy that we need. We dont' know if Jay will be "that " guy... but right now we know Jake isn't... good post !

Plummer is not why we have 7 wins.

Jake plummer ranked #21 QB currently in Football Outsiders
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb.php (Only McNair & Leftwich worse among "current" playoff teams)

My point is that Plummer is playing worse now than any year of Griese. Plummers defensive support is way better than Griese's average support (7th vs 18th, ranked #4 in 2005 & at week 10.) Plummer has 1 playoff victory, and I would credit Champ Bailey's interception for us beating New England. People arguing W/L is the only measure of the QB should ask Kyle Orton why he is a #3 QB with something like a 10-3 record as a rookie starter.

In year's past, we complained about dropped balls. Now, I complain about poorly thrown balls more than anything. The minute Shanny drafted Cutler, Jake knew the pressure was on, and he hasn't responded. IMHO

I don't know what Rod Smith talked to Shanny and the team about the offense, but there is something rotten and benching 3 people last week hasn't helped much. If Cutler can play average (top 16) that would still be better than Jake has played.

Right now it looks like fans will be biting their nails hoping we can just make the playoffs. I don't think Shanny protecting Cutler for the future is fair to the team or the fans. Our scoring defense is #4 even after several games of poor ball control and they deserve their best chance to win. If Cutler is capable of playing, he should be tried out on the field.

BRONCO QB Comparison***********************************
    Plummer.......... Team Rank Off/Def Yds=10/09 Score=11/07 WinPct 69.0%
    Griese............. Team Rank Off/Def Yds=10/11 Score=09/18 WinPct 53.1%
    Shanny+Elway Team Rank Off/Def Yds=02/08 Score=04/10 WinPct 73.4%
    Elway career... Team Rank Off/Def Yds=10/15 Score=10/12 WinPct 63.3%

---Individual----------
    **Plummer Era (avg Ratg 83.9)
    2003 starts=11 Record=10-6 Ratg=91.2 TD/Int=15/07 Comp=62.6
    2004 starts=16 Record=10-6 Ratg=84.5 TD/Int=27/20 Comp=58.2
    2005 starts=16 Record=13-3 Ratg=90.2 TD/Int=18/07 Comp=60.7
    2006 starts=10+ Record=7-3 Ratg=69.7 TD/Int=10/11 Comp=54.3
    **Playoffs Record=1-3 TD/Int 5/6 (W/ AZ Record=1-1 TD/Int 2/4)
    **made playoffs 4 of 9 year
    (Ranks around top 30 all-time in attempts/completions/yards)

**Griese Era ** (avg Ratg 85.6)
    1999 starts=13 Record=6-10 Ratg=75.6 TD/Int=14/14, Comp=57.7
    2000 starts=10 Record=11-5 Ratg=103. TD/Int=19/04, Comp=64.3
    2001 starts=15 Record=8-8 Ratg=78.5 TD/Int=23/19, Comp=61
    2002 starts=13 Record=9-7 Ratg=85.6 TD/Int=15/15, Comp=66.7
    **Playoffs 0-1 Score 21-3 against SB winners Baltimore

**Elways Career ** (avg Ratg=79.9)
    made playoffs 11 of 16 years
    Post-Season Record 14-8 (64%) (TD/Int=27/21 playoff)
    Only 4 of 11 opening game playoff losses)

**Favre Career ** (avg Rating 85.8)
    made playoffs 10 of 15 years with Packers (0 w/ Falcons)
    Post season 11-9 wins 55%, (TD/Int=34/26 playoff)
    Only 3 of 10 opening game playoff losses

I hate to say it but i agree, i thought Plummer would be the guy we needed this year but he is not playing that good, he just isnt a QB that can take control of a game, i dont see the Broncos doing better then a Wildcard loss with Plummer in there so they might as well put Cutler in and maybe it can spark the offense, it sure cant get any worse on that side of the ball.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Vulnerable to the pass?

**Scoring Defense is better judge than yardage***
    Source: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...mstats2006.htm
    Den is currently #4
    SD is currently #15
    KC is currently #12
    (Not bad since our offense has thrown the 11 int's same as KC/SD combined)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyrow
    **Scoring Defense is better judge than yardage***
    Source: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...mstats2006.htm
    Den is currently #4
    SD is currently #15
    KC is currently #12
    (Not bad since our offense has thrown the 11 int's same as KC/SD combined)
    and SD has played most of the year with their back up
    [IMG]http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1639/2581/106977.jpg[/IMG]

"OMG if we start a rookie our season is over and we wont make the playoffs"

Jake Plummer is playing like an unexperienced rookie and making rookie mistakes, so really what do we have to lose?

Not only are we maybe providing a spark for our offense, but we are giving our QB we drafted to be our next franchise QB some early snaps and experience.

I think its a gamble you have to make.

We make the playoffs either way but we know with Jake Plummer can crack at any time, with this rookie he could too but he could also be the spark we needed.

I hear you guys saying look at the titans and the cardinals, thats 2 teams who were in a spot to draft a QB because they are a team thats rebuilding, they had a losing season last year, we had a 13-3 season one game away from the superbowl, ITS A LITTLE DIFFERENT.

I think Cutler is the answer after the KC game.