Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Plummer to continue to hold for Elam?

Since Cutler will be the starter for next game, I was wondering if Plummer will be left to just holding for Elam for the rest of his tenure here at Denver. This demotion will really effect Plummer's psyche. If Elam starts missing FG's then . Just crossing my fingers.

Go Broncos!

I'd bet Plummer will be the holder, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thats about the only part of our special teams that haven't sucked lately. As much as I'd like to see Jay play, I like Jake and I'd like to see him on the field, even if its just as the holder.

Jake and Elam have confidence in each other...Jake will continue to hold the ball for him and it always leaves the opening for a fake kick.....

I say they will stick with Jake. I mean...it's not like he has to throw it through the goal posts. Plus they will have someone to blame it on when they miss.
    There goes the franchise...

Now that made me laugh -

If Jake is a Bronco, he'll do what is needed to help his team.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Just look at some of the problems Elam was having couple of years ago when the holder was changed 3-4 times in close proximity..........

The importance of the job is vastly underestimated.................................... .......
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

Spiffing sig, MasterShake

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

I hope that Jake Plummer continues to hold the ball. It'll make easier for us to run fake field goals and throw for a TD. That's what so great about having Jake hold the ball, but it seems ever since Mike Shannahan got Cutler, he has been more reluctant to give Jake the oppertunity to do anything special like that.

I haven't even thought about that. I think he will continue, and he will at least be playing some sort of role rather than just sitting the bench. Heck I bet Elam would rather him stay then get someone else to do it.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Quote Originally Posted by hatchet45
    Since Cutler will be the starter for next game, I was wondering if Plummer will be left to just holding for Elam for the rest of his tenure here at Denver. This demotion will really effect Plummer's psyche. If Elam starts missing FG's then . Just crossing my fingers.

Go Broncos!
    Getting a little ahead of yourself with the Cutler starting business.
    ESPN's article quoted the Denver Post, without exposing their source.
    I go on what Shanahan says, until then.....rumors....simply rumors.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2676372
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator
    If Jake is a Bronco, he'll do what is needed to help his team.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Regardless of what you think about the quality of Jake's play lately, one thing I don't think he can ever be criticized for is not being a team player. He shows a lot of heart and drive. I've never seen him take a play off, and it has always seemed like he's willing to do whatever he can to help his team win [Insert "So Many INTs and incompletions really help the team win--the OTHER team" jokes here].

I'm sure that as long as Jake is on the team he'll do whatever is asked of him and he'll do it to the best of his ability.

Jake should be inducted into the HOF for his mad skills at holding the football for the kicker.

Maybe Jake can be the guy who runs on the field after Ernster kickoff's and retrieve's the kicking tee
    [center][IMG]http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7156/patrickchuckwarahsigem7.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][B]Props to Snk 16 for the sig[/B][/SIZE][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic
    Maybe Jake can be the guy who runs on the field after Ernster kickoff's and retrieve's the kicking tee

Or maybe we can make him the punter, following the "he can't be any worse than what we've got now" reasoning...

Yes he will continue to hold for Plummer. Kickers are funny about things like that. Jake is still on the team and will still do that...heck we don't know for sure if Plummer is benched yet...cuz Shanny is the only voice that matters.
    Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!