View Poll Results: Whi should be our starting RB next year Selvin Young or Travis Henry

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Selvin Young

26 78.79%
  • Travis Henry

9 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Just like throwing a punch, very little power comes from the arm itself. Most of it comes from the legs, then the shoulders, abs, chest. It has very little to do with actual "tendons".

It's all about snapping all of those muscle groups into one explosive movement, like flicking a wet towel.

Here's a shot, but unfortunately, it isn't a back view.

Here's the story just in case hotlinking the picture's not allowed.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7679158

WINS: @Buffalo, Oakland, Jacksonville, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, @Detroit, Tennessee, @Chicago, @Oakland, Kansas City, @Houston, Minnesota

LOSSES: @Indianapolis, @Kansas City, @San Diego

2007-08 Forecast: 13-3

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
    They said he touched the ball.
    No way he touched the ball, I had perfect seats and can tell you that did NOT happen. The ball was out of there before the guy was even close, just a bad call IMO.

What's particularily striking about this photo is how it's in no way humourous whats-so-ever.

Great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Geandily View Post
    No way he touched the ball, I had perfect seats and can tell you that did NOT happen. The ball was out of there before the guy was even close, just a bad call IMO.
    I know he didn't touch the ball.

The refs said he touched the ball, though. That's why no penalty.
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ckdaDookie.png

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishineo View Post
    While I was patiently awaiting your reply I tried looking up some things on my own. I found some interesting stuff. Rather than saying just lift a lot of weights, a couple recommended work outs reflected more so what you said. Stretching the muscles in a different way than you would just trying lift your max and get more mass. Thanks for the heads up on this, CP for your help.

Yes, I was an AAU swimmer way back when. Constant swimming lap after lap stretching and building those muscles. I could throw a football as well or better than most.
    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Most important statistic in that game:

Bronco's turnover's: 0

Denver still in playoff hunt

Denver still in playoff hunt

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/820248.html

Rout of Chiefs keeps hopes alive
    Arnie Stapleton, The Associated Press

DENVER - The Denver Broncos looked like kids playing in the snow, and Brandon Marshall even got flagged for it.

The second-year receiver caught two of Jay Cutler's career-high four touchdown passes as the Broncos manhandled the Kansas City Chiefs 41-7 Sunday, finally playing like the contender they fancied themselves after an offseason spending spree produced a roster that looked like a fantasy owner's dream.

After his first score, Marshall scooped up three handfuls of snow from the piles that had been pushed off the field before kickoff and flung it into the air.

"It was for all my family and friends in Florida," he explained. "They don't get to see snow much. I wanted to show them snow."

Yet, when the icy crystals floated down, they were accompanied by several yellow flags as the officiating crew assessed him a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty for "using props" to celebrate his score.

"I love the kid and I love his energy," safety John Lynch said. "But you throw the snow up one time you may get away with it, but three times, I don't know. I question, though, whether, that's a prop. It's natural -- snow comes from the sky."

And according to the NFL, it's supposed to stay on the ground once it has.

"I hope they don't fine me, I can't afford it," Marshall said while donning a diamond- encrusted cross that glittered against his new black fur coat.

"I was surprised they called it a prop," Marshall added. "You've got to have fun sometimes. That's what it's all about. It's like I always said: This is like playing Pop Warner football and drinking Kool-Aid and eating Pop Tarts. That's what you have to do in the NFL."

Have fun. Enjoy the journey. Celebrate success. Rejoice whenever you can.

"You've got to go out and play this game with a passion and have fun," Lynch concurred. "It's obviously easy to do when you're up like that."

The Broncos (6-7) haven't had much to celebrate this season.

Maybe it was the opponent -- the Chiefs (4-9) have lost six straight. Or the pressure being lifted -- the Broncos are two games behind San Diego in the AFC West with three to go.

Cutler completed 20 of 27 passes for 244 yards, no interceptions and a career-best passer rating of 141.0, Selvin Young rushed for a career-high 156 yards on 17 carries and Elvis Dumervil collected three sacks.

"Too little, too late, I don't know," Cutler said. "We'll see what happens."

The Broncos started their biggest blowout in seven seasons with two quick touchdowns.

Brandon Stokley, who signed a three-year contract extension Friday, hauled in a 21-yard TD pass less than two minutes in and Travis Henry, who learned Tuesday he had successfully challenged a positive drug test, punched it in from 1 yard out.

"The defense put our offense in a bad way," Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said. "Right now our strength, if we have a strength, is our defense. ... We've struggled all year scoring points."

All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Just two SEC QB's

Jay is showing good sportsmanship. They played each other in College Jay at Vandy and Brodie at Alabama and both were at the combine together.

I forgot the speeds but Jay threw the fastest ball speed - Brodie was second.

I think Jay was 61 MPH and Brodie was 58.
    Last edited by cutlerfan; 12-10-2007 at 07:40 AM.
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

That's what I'm talkin' about!

The Broncos finally played the game we have all been waiting for and knew they could play. Too bad we weren't playing the Patriots yesterday! An absolutely fantastic game! If we continue to build on our progress as we have, we will be unstoppable! Special Teams were SUPER as was the defense.
    Offense was also unstoppable. If we make the playoffs....WATCH OUT AFC!! If not, I will be anxiously awaiting next year and will excited about our run to the AFC Championship game!
    GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Ps: Jake who? The name's JAY CUT-LOOSE! (as in cut-loose and lettum fly, Jay!!!)

Sweeping of the Chiefs!!

I don't know if I can remember the last time the broncos swept the cheifs in a season, it's been a long time waiten

Although it was a great game, we have to remember that the chiefs are completely banged up on offense. I'm not saying we're not as good as our performance, it's just that Elvis' 3 sacks came against backup tackles. He should have a hay day against those odds. I will have this type of enthusiasm when we do this against the Chargers, then i'll know that we have a super bowl team in the making

You'll have to agree our Special Teams were GREAT! That wasn't against a banged up line. We were swarming and flying around like crazies! Special Teams have been an achillies heel this year and on Sunday, they really stepped up!

Quote Originally Posted by volpaco View Post
    You'll have to agree our Special Teams were GREAT! That wasn't against a banged up line. We were swarming and flying around like crazies! Special Teams have been an achillies heel this year and on Sunday, they really stepped up!
    Our special team played a great game, yes i'll give you that. Lets just hope that the team can copy this performance every game the rest of the season

Well if we dont address DT or Safety in the first....that of course with the belief LB's are going to fall to the second, like the always do...I say we go after Desean Jackson out of Cal, guy is a deep threat with moves...oh yeah he also is a great special team returner.
    New England Patriots GM