Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    HR, CO
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver
    I know I watched

    Everyone in NJ was pulling for them
    I could imagine, this is Rutgers Scarlet Knights ONE game away and ONE play away from making it to the BCS...that is unheard of, teams just don't do that regularly, especially Rutgers..
    fight Cu dOwn the fieLd..cu must win.. fight fight fOr VictoRy..cu knows no defeAt! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shoulDer to shOulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Bronco Fan
    IMO, Florida should play for the National Championship against OSU. Florida has the toughest schudule in the Nation and they only lost one game. FLORIDA
    Noooooooooooooooooooo I want a replay of the Biggest and Best game of the year.. Michigan vs OSU...... MICHIGAN

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by broncofan303
    Scary, but me either... If you look at it this way, its disguesting that an SEC team might not make it AGAIN....Michigans only lost is to the #1 team in the country..eek.. Florida deserves it...

    Today was perfect though, more controversay... SC loses, Florida does enough to get in, OU makes everyone question Oregon.... what a great day! lol
    How can you point out that the ONLY loss Michigan has is to the #1 team in the nation, then say that Florida deserves it???

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    HR, CO
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    How can you point out that the ONLY loss Michigan has is to the #1 team in the nation, then say that Florida deserves it???
    Who else did Michigan beat?

    Wisconsin? - you can add their name, but who did they play all year? crappy Big 10 teams..

    Notre Dame? - I'm an Irish, but I can even admit they were overrated..they squeaked by half of their wins and got blown out by quality teams in Michigan and SC..

    Michigan had their chance, but you have to put an SEC team in there... Florida is more deserving than Michigan for the simple fact that Michigan had their chance.. now put the best team out of the SEC (best conference) and see what they can do..
    fight Cu dOwn the fieLd..cu must win.. fight fight fOr VictoRy..cu knows no defeAt! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shoulDer to shOulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    How can you point out that the ONLY loss Michigan has is to the #1 team in the nation, then say that Florida deserves it???
    Florida played

    September 2 Southern Miss W 34-7 1-0 (0-0)
    September 9 UCF W 42-0 2-0 (0-0)
    September 16 at No. 13 Tennessee W 21-20 3-0 (1-0)
    September 23 Kentucky W 26-7 4-0 (2-0)
    September 30 Alabama W 28-13 5-0 (3-0)
    October 7 No. 9 LSU W 23-10 6-0 (4-0)
    October 14 at No. 11 Auburn L 27-17 6-1 (4-1)
    October 28 at Georgia W 21-14 7-1 (5-1)
    November 4 at Vanderbilt W 25-19 8-1 (6-1)
    November 11 South Carolina W 17-16 9-1 (7-1)
    November 18 Western Carolina W 62-0 10-1 (7-1)
    November 25 at Florida State W 21-14 11-1 (7-1)
    December 2 No. 8 Arkansas W 38-28 12-1 (7-1)

    Michigan played

    September 2 Vanderbilt W 27-7 1-0 (0-0)
    September 9 Central Michigan W 41-17 2-0 (0-0)
    September 16 at No. 2 Notre Dame W 47-21 3-0 (0-0)
    September 23 Wisconsin W 27-13 4-0 (1-0)
    September 30 at Minnesota W 28-14 5-0 (2-0)
    October 7 Michigan State W 31-13 6-0 (3-0)
    October 14 at Penn State W 17-10 7-0 (4-0)
    October 21 Iowa W 20-6 8-0 (5-0)
    October 28 Northwestern W 17-3 9-0 (6-0)
    November 4 Ball State W 34-26 10-0 (6-0)
    November 11 at Indiana W 34-3 11-0 (7-0)
    November 18 at No. 1 Ohio State L 42-39 11-1 (7-1)

    If Florida doesn't deserve in the National Title game based on schedule... Then ALL OF YOU should be pulling for Boise State over Michigan and Florida. And I'm not even kidding.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour
    Florida played

    September 2 Southern Miss W 34-7 1-0 (0-0)
    September 9 UCF W 42-0 2-0 (0-0)
    September 16 at No. 13 Tennessee W 21-20 3-0 (1-0)
    September 23 Kentucky W 26-7 4-0 (2-0)
    September 30 Alabama W 28-13 5-0 (3-0)
    October 7 No. 9 LSU W 23-10 6-0 (4-0)
    October 14 at No. 11 Auburn L 27-17 6-1 (4-1)
    October 28 at Georgia W 21-14 7-1 (5-1)
    November 4 at Vanderbilt W 25-19 8-1 (6-1)
    November 11 South Carolina W 17-16 9-1 (7-1)
    November 18 Western Carolina W 62-0 10-1 (7-1)
    November 25 at Florida State W 21-14 11-1 (7-1)
    December 2 No. 8 Arkansas W 38-28 12-1 (7-1)

    Michigan played

    September 2 Vanderbilt W 27-7 1-0 (0-0)
    September 9 Central Michigan W 41-17 2-0 (0-0)
    September 16 at No. 2 Notre Dame W 47-21 3-0 (0-0)
    September 23 Wisconsin W 27-13 4-0 (1-0) September 30 at Minnesota W 28-14 5-0 (2-0)
    October 7 Michigan State W 31-13 6-0 (3-0)
    October 14 at Penn State W 17-10 7-0 (4-0)
    October 21 Iowa W 20-6 8-0 (5-0)
    October 28 Northwestern W 17-3 9-0 (6-0)
    November 4 Ball State W 34-26 10-0 (6-0)
    November 11 at Indiana W 34-3 11-0 (7-0)
    November 18 at No. 1 Ohio State L 42-39 11-1 (7-1)

    If Florida doesn't deserve in the National Title game based on schedule... Then ALL OF YOU should be pulling for Boise State over Michigan and Florida. And I'm not even kidding.
    dont know if u realized this or not but wisconsin is #7 in the country right now...so michigan has 2 wins against top 10 opponents as does florida, also, michigan's loss is to the #1 team in the country while florida's is to the #11 team in the country.....auburns drop in the standings will hurt florida when it comes to that loss, had they stayed top 5 in the country then florida may jump michigan, as of now its a michigan/osu rematch

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG HOUSE
    dont know if u realized this or not but wisconsin is #7 in the country right now...so michigan has 2 wins against top 10 opponents as does florida, also, michigan's loss is to the #1 team in the country while florida's is to the #11 team in the country.....auburns drop in the standings will hurt florida when it comes to that loss, had they stayed top 5 in the country then florida may jump michigan, as of now its a michigan/osu rematch
    EXACTLY.. and at the time Michigan played OSU, they had two wins against teams that had ONLY lost one game the entire season, Wisconsin and Notre Dame. So they beat two teams in the top 10 BCS rankings, and only lost to the #1 best team in the nation at THEIR house, by three points. Would be a great game and a great rivalry for the National Championship.

    If you want great football and a great game... I don't see how you couldn't want Michigan over Florida for tht game. Unless you are an OSU fan and are worried that you may lose.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    No one's basing it on schedule, though. They're basing it on the fact that the team Michigan lost to is significantly better than the team Florida lost to.
    exactly right...

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bixby, OK
    Posts
    761
    Florida won more "quality" games....and they won their conference championship.

    That being said, until we have a playoff, then computers will determine who deserves it more. What a crock!!
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg


    Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

    http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    See.. this is what I don't understand. In college football, there is no play-off system... so the #1 ranked team plays the #2 ranked team in order to play for the national championship.

    That being said.... if the two top ranked teams are in the same conference, then so what? Who cares that Michigan lost their conference to the #1 team in the nation? Does that mean they are stll NOT the second best team? No. It doesn't mean that at all.

    Thats why I don't accept this "they didn't win their conference" as a reason NOT to have Michigan play.

    IRONICALLY..... the only national Championship that FLorida has is when THEY didn't win their Conference, and had a rematch game. Funny huh? I think its REALLY funny how the Florida coaches are saying there shouldn't be a rematch game when their ONLY Championship is from a rematch game.

    Michigan and OSU is the best matchup. It gives the most drama, the most excitement. It would give the biggest ratings.. it would bring the importance of a playoff game to the forefront just that much MORE.

    MICHIGAN vs OSU is the way to go. It makes the most sense.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Virginia Beach , Virginia
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    See.. this is what I don't understand. In college football, there is no play-off system... so the #1 ranked team plays the #2 ranked team in order to play for the national championship.

    That being said.... if the two top ranked teams are in the same conference, then so what? Who cares that Michigan lost their conference to the #1 team in the nation? Does that mean they are stll NOT the second best team? No. It doesn't mean that at all.

    Thats why I don't accept this "they didn't win their conference" as a reason NOT to have Michigan play.

    IRONICALLY..... the only national Championship that FLorida has is when THEY didn't win their Conference, and had a rematch game. Funny huh? I think its REALLY funny how the Florida coaches are saying there shouldn't be a rematch game when their ONLY Championship is from a rematch game.

    Michigan and OSU is the best matchup. It gives the most drama, the most excitement. It would give the biggest ratings.. it would bring the importance of a playoff game to the forefront just that much MORE.

    MICHIGAN vs OSU is the way to go. It makes the most sense.
    absolutely ravavge, remember michigan lost to ohio state in their house by 3 points....3 points! At a neutral site or even the big house the outcome may have been different. Michigan is the better team, write em in voters.
    Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles


    http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5...ohersiglq6.jpg
    Thanks SNK16

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    3,116
    I'm an SEC fan (LSU) and I think OSU would destroy Florida. No one will get a fair shake at this because I do think you have to win your conference and have a better record in order to play in the Big Dance but at the same time Michigan lost only to the #1 team in the nation which was in their conference. A playoff system would be the way to go to satisfy some but then still there would be teams left out. Anyway, the universities will never let this happen too much money at stake, so to Urban Myers, sorry and GoodLuck maybe they'll send you to the RoseBowl, for sure the Sugar Bowl.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,717
    It angers me to hear people say that Michigan shouldn't get in because they already had their chance. How can you blame those players at Michigan for having the #1 team in the nation on their schedule? And most people say that the SEC is by far the best conference. The Big 10 does have 3 teams with 1 loss or less. The SEC can't say that. Anyone who votes Florida #2 because they don't want to see a rematch should have their vote taken away. The point of this system is to put the 2 best teams in the country in the national championship game. Now if a voter honesty thinks that Florida is better than Michigan then he should by all means vote for Florida. But if a voter really believes in his heart of hearts that Michigan is better but they vote Florida because Michigan "already had their chance" or because they "don't want to see a rematch" then we have a serious problem. And if Florida does get in, I think OSU will slaughter them and prove that Michigan really was the 2nd best team.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Posts
    830
    osu and michigan are the two best teams in the country.....but I think Florida will sneak in there....

    I am a osu fan.....and while I would love the opportunity to beat Michigan twice in one season.....I don't think we will get a chance to....GO BUCKS.....
    My 3 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team who plays Michigan

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bixby, OK
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    See.. this is what I don't understand. In college football, there is no play-off system... so the #1 ranked team plays the #2 ranked team in order to play for the national championship.

    That being said.... if the two top ranked teams are in the same conference, then so what? Who cares that Michigan lost their conference to the #1 team in the nation? Does that mean they are stll NOT the second best team? No. It doesn't mean that at all.

    Thats why I don't accept this "they didn't win their conference" as a reason NOT to have Michigan play.

    IRONICALLY..... the only national Championship that FLorida has is when THEY didn't win their Conference, and had a rematch game. Funny huh? I think its REALLY funny how the Florida coaches are saying there shouldn't be a rematch game when their ONLY Championship is from a rematch game.

    Michigan and OSU is the best matchup. It gives the most drama, the most excitement. It would give the biggest ratings.. it would bring the importance of a playoff game to the forefront just that much MORE.

    MICHIGAN vs OSU is the way to go. It makes the most sense.
    Yeah... I think that is the true #1 vs #2. I wasn't pulling for Florida, just stating the most common argument that I've heard.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg


    Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

    http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •