View Poll Results: Would you rather...

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make the playoffs this year

    184 88.04%
  • Miss the playoffs to get a better draft position

    25 11.96%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 184
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBronco
    Who cares about the critics? Don't you think the critics expected the Steelers to lose in each of their 3 road games on the way to the Super Bowl last year. Remember that the Steelers wouldn't have even made the playoffs last year if KC hadn't choked so badly down the stretch. So if you get in the playoffs, I think you've done enough to deserve it.

    If Denver could make the playoffs, it means the team is probably playing well since they would have to beat San Diego or Cincy in order to make it.
    Iwas thinking the same thing.
    Sooner born. Sooner bred. And when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    Uh, I haven't been on the boards for a while so I feel out of place.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    24
    I want to make the playoffs but unless the TEAM gets better. But IMHO that is not gonna happen with all the injuries and bad coaching/talent.

    I suspect if we win 2 of the next 4 we will be lucky. Maybe PHX and SFO, but winning in SAN and against CINCY @ home may be impossible with our half to 3 qtrs defense.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    4,834
    I always want us to win. But being objective I know where the draftees are comin from and if we did lose out I wouldnt be too mad except I hate to lose. Come draft time id be happy but in the short term i wouldnt.

    I want us to win tho. Always.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wamego, KS
    Posts
    35
    absolutely

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    5280 baby!
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBronco
    Who cares about the critics? Don't you think the critics expected the Steelers to lose in each of their 3 road games on the way to the Super Bowl last year. Remember that the Steelers wouldn't have even made the playoffs last year if KC hadn't choked so badly down the stretch. So if you get in the playoffs, I think you've done enough to deserve it.

    If Denver could make the playoffs, it means the team is probably playing well since they would have to beat San Diego or Cincy in order to make it.
    We all want to get to the Playoffs. But honestly, do you think with the team we have right now, that we have what it takes to WIN in the playoffs? Take a look in the smack section, what is the number one thing that opposing teams see in us....yea you make it to the playoffs...and always lose. I just don't see it happening for us this season. Would I like it, hell yea I would like it. Expecting it...nope.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    43
    Obviously, I wish the team could make the playoffs. But, that way of thinking may not be realistic anymore. Furthermore, I don't want them to lose just to get a good draft pick!

    Fact is, I don't think the team we have this year was ever good enough to get to the playoffs, let alone make it past the first round. And, it pains me to say it!

    It's all about the future at this point.
    "NO MAN SHALL BE SEEN WITH ANY ANIMAL UNLESS IT IS AT LEAST THE SIZE OF A FOOTBALL!"......[I]MAN LAW![/I]

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Giveemlove
    We all want to get to the Playoffs. But honestly, do you think with the team we have right now, that we have what it takes to WIN in the playoffs? Take a look in the smack section, what is the number one thing that opposing teams see in us....yea you make it to the playoffs...and always lose. I just don't see it happening for us this season. Would I like it, hell yea I would like it. Expecting it...nope.
    Wow, that is horrible smack. How many teams make it to the playoffs and lose? 11 out of 12. How many Super Bowls have the Colts, Eagles, Bears, Falcons, Giants, Cowboys, Panthers, Chiefs, Chargers COMBINED won this decade? Zero. Most teams lose in the playoffs.

    I'm not foolish. I know the Broncos are not a great team. But that doesn't mean that I don't want them to make the playoffs.

    Plus, I was just looking at the playoff picture. If they made it as a 5th or 6th seed right now, they would play New England or Baltimore on the road. Both teams the Broncos have already beaten.

    If someone said made me choose between moving up 5 draft slots or beating the Pats/Ravens to get to 2nd round, I'll take the playoff win any day.
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    5280 baby!
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBronco
    Wow, that is horrible smack. How many teams make it to the playoffs and lose? 11 out of 12. How many Super Bowls have the Colts, Eagles, Bears, Falcons, Giants, Cowboys, Panthers, Chiefs, Chargers COMBINED won this decade? Zero. Most teams lose in the playoffs.

    I'm not foolish. I know the Broncos are not a great team. But that doesn't mean that I don't want them to make the playoffs.

    Plus, I was just looking at the playoff picture. If they made it as a 5th or 6th seed right now, they would play New England or Baltimore on the road. Both teams the Broncos have already beaten.

    If someone said made me choose between moving up 5 draft slots or beating the Pats/Ravens to get to 2nd round, I'll take the playoff win any day.

    I see your point and I agree. I would love the playoffs also. SO from a Want position..hell yea. From a Is it going to happen position...I don't think so.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,297

    Yesh To Wildcard Berth!!!

    Denver still holds fate in their hands... Denver can still afford to lose one more game and get in... Jets will lose 1 0r 2 (Bills, Vikings, Miami & Raiders)... Cincy has to play us and could we really lose 4 games in a row at home? Cincy also has to play Raiders, Colts & Steelers... Jags have a tough road (Colts, Titans, Patriots & KC)... And, KC has to play Ravens, Chargers, AT Oakland and finally JAGS. NOw, the main reason everyone has broncos on the outside looking in is because of one simple thang: when you calculate who wins tiebreaker in wild card teams, when there are 3 or more teams, you first compare teams in each division and only the "winner" makes it through to be pooled against remainder teams for final wildcard spot... thus, KC has a better division record against denver right now, so by virtue of win-loss record in AFC West, KC knocks Denver out... HOWEVER, KC will hopefully lose to either San Diego or Oakland, and that would make them tied with us... Also, Say Denver goes 3-1 and winds up 10-6... Chances are KC goes 2-2 and ends up 9-7... AND, with KC out of the picture, denver wins tiebreakers with JETS, JAGS (Both have 4 afc conf. loses) and hopefully Cincy (after we beat Cincy). Denver only has 3 afc loses. So, Denver has to beat either chargers/bengals and most take care of business versus Arizona and San Fran.. then we are in! And, if we get in and are a wildcard team... Well, Denver already beat Patriots & Baltimore... So, a win is more than possible... Then, it's either on to San Diego or Indianapolis... Also, with a wildcard berth, Denver gets a higher draft pick and an easier schedule next year, which is not that bad at all eh?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stars with a K ends with an A
    Posts
    8,799
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBronco
    I thought that more people would want the Broncos to make the playoffs, but it seems there are quite a few fans that just want the Broncos to lose out to get a better draft position.

    I definitely want the Broncos to make the playoffs, even as a 6th seed.

    Let me know your thoughts.

    This isnt the NBA where everyone and their grandmother makes the playoffs. This is the NFL, where as the Steelers proved a year ago being a Wild Card champ isnt impossible.
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,517
    Call me a selfish S*B but it makes the offseason just that much shorter.
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

    Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,258
    This is my feeling every year.
    I want them to win the SB.
    Not that I expect that to happen but, I want it to happen.
    After watching the Broncos for over 40 years and losing 4 SB's, I sometimes wonder if I would rather not see them in the SB than lose.
    Alas, you must get there to win.

    There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

    I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    988
    Anyone who doesn't want us to make the playoffs isn't a fan.
    Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

    [IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9890/darrentwilliamstributebb3.jpg[/IMG]

    "He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

    [IMG]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5780/selyoinksig3yx.jpg[/IMG]

    Created by Snk16. Thanks!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    5280 baby!
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by selyoink
    Anyone who doesn't want us to make the playoffs isn't a fan.

    Thanks for sharing that key piece of information. I think I will just go crawl under a rock because YOU said I wasn't a fan. Booooo hoooo...anyone have a hankie?







    You only have 2 things Broncos in your sig...I have 3...you aren't a fan. Your logic sucks.
    Last edited by Giveemlove; 12-04-2006 at 04:51 PM.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,190
    It can only help for us to make it to the playoffs. Cutler will get playoff experience. I don't want the decision to sacrifice this season to be a wasted one. I want Cutler to get all the experience he can. We can always trade up for a higher draft pick if we need to, plus we can get a good RB in the late first if thats what we want.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •