View Poll Results: Would you rather...

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make the playoffs this year

    184 88.04%
  • Miss the playoffs to get a better draft position

    25 11.96%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 184
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    11 people have voted to miss the playoffs....are these rival fans???

    What is wrong with some Bronco "fans"??

    Can we even call them a fan??
    Quote Originally Posted by NBudris
    So far these people....

    BR0NCOFANATIC, Cuda, DenBronx, emac87, go_cutler, kratos_godofwar, LoufromLItt., Morambar, Natemania, Tjuset, Trench777, _BrusT_

    want Broncos to miss playoffs?



    well.. I'll say this. Football and the Broncos are a sportsteam and the sport is meant for entertainment. If people are more entertained by looking forward to the draft next year.... thats certainly their right. If people would rather us lose now and get a better position to draft, because that is what they want, then thats their right. Rooting for a team/player isn't the same for every fan the same way. We all have our favorite parts of the year, and we all have our individual ways we enjoy the season.

    We don't have a right to critcize anyone for them wanting something for the team THEY root for anymore than they have the right to criticize us for rooting for them the way we do.

    Some people don't think a single word of criticism should be said against the Broncos because they don't feel they are real fans if they do. Others obviously don't feel that way. Both have a right to their opinion and have a right to root for their favorite team the way they want to.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 12-05-2006 at 10:24 AM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,730
    You know, as a Raider fan, "Just Win Baby" is tatooed into my brain. That means win every game possible no matter what. I can't even fathom the idea of NOT wanting Oakland to make the playoffs just to get higher in the draft when low picks turn out as good as high picks anyway. Rice? Brady?

    Explain to me how you can root for your team to NOT make the playoffs. The fact that this question has to be asked makes me wonder what the word "fan" is.

    Screw relying on the draft, which is a crap shoot anyway. What makes you think other teams won't surpass your team next year anyway. I always think that which is why I am urgent in wanting my team to win today.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    well.. I'll say this. Football and the Broncos are a sportsteam and the sport is meant for entertainment. If people are more entertained by looking forward to the draft next year.... thats certainly their right. If people would rather us lose now and get a better position to draft, because that is what they want, then thats their right. Rooting for a team/player isn't the same for every fan the same way. We all have our favorite parts of the year, and we all have our individual ways we enjoy the season.

    We don't have a right to critcize anyone for them wanting something for the team THEY root for anymore than they have the right to criticize us for rooting for them the way we do.

    Some people don't think a single word of criticism should be said against the Broncos because they don't feel they are real fans if they do. Others obviously don't feel that way. Both have a right to their opinion and have a right to root for their favorite team the way they want to.
    today morning my wife was saying in the night i was telling that the "Field Goal is no good" (the Seahawks field goal at the end of the game)..

    I am really frustrated right now... i just want our season to end so that i can sleep happily...

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by go_cutler
    today morning my wife was saying in the night i was telling that the "Field Goal is no good" (the Seahawks field goal at the end of the game)..

    I am really frustrated right now... i just want our season to end so that i can sleep happily...
    then I think you take it too seriously, and think you need to move on.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,367

    Because the teams who beat us are all playoff teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by SSBRONCS
    why are we so far down on tie breakers if we have a better conference record?
    Indy, SD, KC, Seattle and the Rams. Most of those teams have beaten everyone they've played. And we've won all our other games, including games against the Ravens and Pats; they've lost... five, I believe? Between them? Three, not counting their games against us. If we'd beaten Seattle that was potentially huge going down the line, but the only way it matters in the division now is if SD loses the rest of theirs and we win the rest of ours.

    As to the question, I dunno; it depends on how literally I take it. If your question is "do you want to 1) make the playoffs or 2) get a 7-9 draft?" then my answer is "I wanna win the SB; if we can't do that I wanna draft as well as possible so we can win next year and many more thereafter. " Right now I don't think we can win three road playoff games, have a bye, and win the Big One. It's not even because of our rookie QB, though it doesn't help no rookie has ever won it all. We are beat UP, people; D-Will's been playing hurt most of the season, Tatum's still listed as "Probable-Toe" and we have three starters out for the season. And a backup; considering he's Lynchs backup and one of the starters is Fergie the decision I saw someone wondering about to play Foxy the other night makes more sense.

    But take a former Conference Championship team and strip three of its starters for the year, send them through the resulting draft, and then let them play that draft talent with all those starters back and I gotta like our chances. Pears will (hopefully) be in at RT, D-Will and Foxy will have another year of game experience and the tutelage of Champ and Lynch, plus we'll have solid DEs and (hopefully) draft a solid DT so Warren isn't getting double teamed all the time. Add in a QB with five games of experience, poise, intelligence and a rocket arm, plus (hopefully) a back that can block for him and move piles on 4th and goal at the 2 and the sky's the limit.

    So, no, I'm not giving up, but the goal is still the SB; anything less is just... less. But making the playoffs will also give our young players (and we've got a lot of young talent that's good enough to start on a team from last years AFC Championship) and Cutler in particular some playoff experience playing good teams on the road when it's win or go home. I'm not a naturally optimistic guy, but the only way I can be completely disappointed is if we go 10-6 (crappy draft) but DON'T make the playoffs. If we go 9-7, depending on what other teams do we could conceivably be drafting in the top 15, and that's not a bad place to be; otherwise the rookie(s) get playoff experience. If we somehow lose to SD, Cincy AND either SF and/or the Cards we could be 8-8 or even 7-9 and draft in the top ten, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn
    You know, as a Raider fan, "Just Win Baby" is tatooed into my brain. That means win every game possible no matter what. I can't even fathom the idea of NOT wanting Oakland to make the playoffs just to get higher in the draft when low picks turn out as good as high picks anyway. Rice? Brady?

    Explain to me how you can root for your team to NOT make the playoffs. The fact that this question has to be asked makes me wonder what the word "fan" is.

    Screw relying on the draft, which is a crap shoot anyway. What makes you think other teams won't surpass your team next year anyway. I always think that which is why I am urgent in wanting my team to win today.
    Did you see our games lately???

    Denver don't know how to play the complete game..

    I am not confident even if we are up by 21 points entering 4th quarter..

    because someone in the team will make dumb mistake and will allow other team
    to win the game.

    this is happening consistently...

    i am really tired now.. either you loose from the beginning or win the game..

    don't blow the leads like that..as a fan..it hurts a lot.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    1,427
    Any team that gets in can run the table and hoist the Lombardy Trophy come February....

    Look at the Steelers last season, who'd have predicted that they'd have gone from 7-5 to Super Bowl Champs....

    Anything can happen....

    If you voted that you want the Broncos to miss the playoffs, please by all means, PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by TR3Y
    Any team that gets in can run the table and hoist the Lombardy Trophy come February....

    Look at the Steelers last season, who'd have predicted that they'd have gone from 7-5 to Super Bowl Champs....

    Anything can happen....

    If you voted that you want the Broncos to miss the playoffs, please by all means, PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE
    Steelers are different..they don't have major injuries and their QB has enough experience..

    our QB is new..we have lot of injuries on our offense and defense and it very difficult to recover.

    There are more chances of Cincy winning Super Bowl right now...
    (with 7-5 record).

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Morambar
    As to the question, I dunno; it depends on how literally I take it. If your question is "do you want to 1) make the playoffs or 2) get a 7-9 draft?" then my answer is "I wanna win the SB; if we can't do that I wanna draft as well as possible so we can win next year and many more thereafter. "

    So, no, I'm not giving up, but the goal is still the SB; anything less is just... less.
    Good post Morambar. I picked these two sentences in particular. :bee:

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Giveemlove
    Hadn't thought of it in the way of draft selection. Had thought of it in the manner of Do we belong there with the team we have right now?? In all honesty, I don't think so. With the team we have right now, if we were to get into the playoffs, we'd be one and done...and that's just being honest. I love my boys, but reality is hitting. Reality is...we will be sent home with critics laughing.
    If you get there you there imo. Every team has basically the same chance to get to the playoffs. Also imho, its what a team does with the circumstances it is presented with.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Back to EC's question, yes I want Denver to make the playoffs every year, its the ONLY way you have a chance to win the Super Bowl. Now will I be crushed if we don't? No life will go on.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by NBudris
    So far these people....

    BR0NCOFANATIC, Cuda, DenBronx, emac87, go_cutler, kratos_godofwar, LoufromLItt., Morambar, Natemania, Tjuset, Trench777, _BrusT_

    want Broncos to miss playoffs?



    I say we ban these fools, and send them back to Faiderville where they belong!!

    If people are really going to have that negative of a perception of their beloved Broncos that they don't want to watch in a playoff game, at least look at it from a standpoint of, the experience would be invaluable to Cutler to get a playoff game.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by go_cutler
    Steelers are different..they don't have major injuries and their QB has enough experience..

    our QB is new..we have lot of injuries on our offense and defense and it very difficult to recover.

    There are more chances of Cincy winning Super Bowl right now...
    (with 7-5 record).

    Put your head down, tuck your tail between your elgs, and keep running!! Run for your life!!


  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO ROOT FOR THEIR TEAM HOW THEY WANT TO.

    Football and the Broncos are a sportsteam and the sport is meant for entertainment. If people are more entertained by looking forward to the draft next year.... thats certainly their right. If people would rather us lose now and get a better position to draft, because that is what they want, then thats their right. Rooting for a team/player isn't the same for every fan the same way. We all have our favorite parts of the year, and we all have our individual ways we enjoy the season.

    We don't have a right to critcize anyone for them wanting something for the team THEY root for anymore than they have the right to criticize us for rooting for them the way we do.

    Some people don't think a single word of criticism should be said against the Broncos because they don't feel they are real fans if they do. Others obviously don't feel that way. Both have a right to their opinion and have a right to root for their favorite team the way they want to

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    Put your head down, tuck your tail between your elgs, and keep running!! Run for your life!!

    Good one...i like it..

    this is what exactly our team is doing in the 4th quarter....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •