Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make the playoffs this year

184 88.04%
  • Miss the playoffs to get a better draft position

25 11.96%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    I say we ban these fools, and send them back to Faiderville where they belong!!

If people are really going to have that negative of a perception of their beloved Broncos that they don't want to watch in a playoff game, at least look at it from a standpoint of, the experience would be invaluable to Cutler to get a playoff game.
    hey fool..there is no need to call me if you don't like it...

I stated the facts...

Quote Originally Posted by go_cutler
    Good one...i like it..

this is what exactly our team is doing in the 4th quarter....
    dude.. do you realize that the lack of offense is completely wearing out our defense? Do you realize that the defense was on teh field for over.. OVER.. 12 minutes in that fourth quarter? Do you know how that wears them out??? I can't blame our defense on our problems. Our team problems are VERY much on the offensive side of the ball.

I'm curious why everyone is so enamored with draft picks?

Did they not learn their lesson with Ashley Lelie, Marcus Nash, and George Foster, amongst a whole entire list of others?

hey fool..there is no need to call me if you don't like it...

I stated the facts...

No you didn't. You said the team runs in the fourth quarter.

It's only the offense that runs. Seattle had more possesions in the fourth quarter then Denver's offense ran plays?

Where was this savior in Cutler you have been so adament on letting everyone know the last few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    dude.. do you realize that the lack of offense is completely wearing out our defense? Do you realize that the defense was on teh field for over.. OVER.. 12 minutes in that fourth quarter? Do you know how that wears them out??? I can't blame our defense on our problems. Our team problems are VERY much on the offensive side of the ball.
    If you notice..i didn't blame the defense alone...

As a team, we are unable to play the complete game..

We are leading 13-7..there was a chance we can put a FG/TD to keep the game away..

we just waited to see if they can score or not and it is very difficult to held oponents under 10 points..

eventually..they scored and it became 13-14..
    we suddenly became panic as they are in lead...

the same thing happened in SD and Indy Game...

if u notice, both OAK & BAT games, we allowed oponents to come back..
    luckily for us...Champ saved our day(their qb's are idiots to throw to champ's way).

these are facts....

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    No you didn't. You said the team runs in the fourth quarter.

It's only the offense that runs. Seattle had more possesions in the fourth quarter then Denver's offense ran plays?

Where was this savior in Cutler you have been so adament on letting everyone know the last few weeks?
    Just by keeping "go_cutler" as my screen name doesn't mean i support him...
    for me broncos are important than the individual..

If you see my earlier comments, i was very frustrated with the way he threw the first interception( that was game changing play).

After that Seahawks believed that they are in the game..

That being said...i am still unable to understand how are team is unable to hold the leads..

Didn't you notice that???..

tell me frankly..are u comforable if we have 3 touchdowns lead against high power offense like SD, Cincy and Indy going to 4th quarter??

That being said...i am still unable to understand how are team is unable to hold the leads..

Didn't you notice that???..

tell me frankly..are u comforable if we have 3 touchdowns lead against high power offense like SD, Cincy and Indy going to 4th quarter??

We lost a lead in SD. It happens. It happens to the best of them. Powerful offenses get shutdown, strong defenses get rolled over. That's why they play the game.

As far as Seattle goes, our defense played great the whole game. They wore out at the end of the game, and that's why Seattle drove the field.

I feel I'm justified in arguing that, considering our offense was so ineffective.

You cannot leave your defense out on the field for 40+minutes, and expect them to be fresh, and control the flow at the end of the game. It just doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    As much as you think beating them once in season is good it is not gonna happen again, when we played them both they were not playing like they are now and frankly we are not playing like we were then.

Even if we beat PHX @ PHX and SFO @ home beating SAN @ SAN and CINCY @ Home is probably not gonna happen.
    I agree that the Broncos will be underdogs against the Chargers and Bengals.

But let me ask you what chance ANYONE gave the Titans against the Colts last weekend? Why can the Titans pull off the upset and not the Broncos?

The NFL is very fragile and things can change from week to week. Teams get hot or cold and all of sudden they are not the same team. You said yourself that the Broncos are worse than they were a few weeks back and the Patriots and Ravens are suddenly a lot better. How invincible are the Colts and Chargers if they lose a key player or 2? Do you fear the Colts if Manning got injured? Do you think the Broncos couldn’t beat the Chargers without LT.

I still say that you get to the playoffs and hope that your team gets hot. Anything can happen. 31 teams won’t win the Super Bowl this year. There is no shame in making the playoffs and losing the 2nd round.
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

You don't believe how much i like broncos....

I am really frustrated with our team right now....
    But if the Broncos make the playoffs, don't you agree that they MUST be playing better. They will probably have to win 3 out of 4 to do it. I'll take my chances of being "disappointed".
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Since the Broncos probably aren't going to make the Super Bowl; what's the point? Being perennial playoff contenders? Of course I'd like us to win and get there, but with that pretty much being a small chance, the Broncos could stand to improve their draft position in this draft to get some impact players. I've placed the current order and our selections that we have in the General Discussions in a new thread.

The Broncos moved up four positions from last week and their pick from the Redskins moved up another slot as well. If we lose to San Diego, we could be picking in the mid-teens; which is a huge jump from two weeks ago from #27.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    Since the Broncos probably aren't going to make the Super Bowl; what's the point? Being perennial playoff contenders? Of course I'd like us to win and get there, but with that pretty much being a small chance, the Broncos could stand to improve their draft position in this draft to get some impact players. I've placed the current order and our selections that we have in the General Discussions in a new thread.

The Broncos moved up four positions from last week and their pick from the Redskins moved up another slot as well. If we lose to San Diego, we could be picking in the mid-teens; which is a huge jump from two weeks ago from #27.

But seriously Dream, why wouldn't you want CUtler to get some Playoff exeperience? Everyone wanted him to get experience this year, why stop in the regular season?

Also, how realistic is it for Shanahan to even keep our first round pick? History shows he trades out of the first round, so if that happens again, whats the point of getting the best draft # we can get. We might as well make the playoffs and take our chances. Maybe play a little spoiler, or who knows, pull off a PItt like last year. We have seen it before, so it can be done.

Yes. Easy win for the Bolts.

/knock on wood
    Can you deny that this is the hottest cheerleader in the NFL?

[IMG]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7929/cg2005laurenji7.jpg[/IMG]

I didn't think so.
    http://www.chargers.com/charger_girls/lauren.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Dream

The question is whether you want the Broncos to make the playoffs, not if you think they will.
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    But seriously Dream, why wouldn't you want CUtler to get some Playoff exeperience? Everyone wanted him to get experience this year, why stop in the regular season?

Also, how realistic is it for Shanahan to even keep our first round pick? History shows he trades out of the first round, so if that happens again, whats the point of getting the best draft # we can get. We might as well make the playoffs and take our chances. Maybe play a little spoiler, or who knows, pull off a PItt like last year. We have seen it before, so it can be done.
    I'd like to see Cutler get playoff experience, but I honestly don't think that's going to happen. If we lose to San Diego and Cincinatti, it's over. We can only lose one game from here on out, and losing to the Bengals is not an option since they're in the same position we are.

Shanahan came into power in what, 1995 or 1996? The Broncos have had a first-round pick in all but two drafts since 1995. 1995 and 2005 were the lastt two drafts where we didn't have a first-round selection. So in reality, history states that every 10 years, the Broncos don't have a first-round draft pick. With the Broncos taking a much more pro-active stance in the draft over the past few years, it'd be interesting to see what Shanahan could do with legitimate selections.

If Shanahan trades out of the first-round this year, he'll get great value no matter what. Where I haven't heard too much about what the Broncos are thinking about doing this year; I haven't heard that they want to trade out and away with their first completely. As of right now, that's not even on their minds. They're focused on winning. The Broncos if they want to win next year, make a run or do so in the near future; they'll need all the picks they can get. Let's face it, some of our best players are on the verge of retirement and even relatively young guys like Al Wilson and others are taking a beating.

As of right now, it's not that I really WANT them to miss the playoffs, I just don't see them making it unless they win three games out of their last four. One of those has to be against an AFC team; either the Bengals or Chargers. Those teams are hot right now so. . . we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ECBronco
    I agree that the Broncos will be underdogs against the Chargers and Bengals.

But let me ask you what chance ANYONE gave the Titans against the Colts last weekend? Why can the Titans pull off the upset and not the Broncos?

The NFL is very fragile and things can change from week to week. Teams get hot or cold and all of sudden they are not the same team. You said yourself that the Broncos are worse than they were a few weeks back and the Patriots and Ravens are suddenly a lot better. How invincible are the Colts and Chargers if they lose a key player or 2? Do you fear the Colts if Manning got injured? Do you think the Broncos couldn’t beat the Chargers without LT.

I still say that you get to the playoffs and hope that your team gets hot. Anything can happen. 31 teams won’t win the Super Bowl this year. There is no shame in making the playoffs and losing the 2nd round.
    Did you see how our team reacted knowing the Chiefs lost earlier in the Day???
    Each team member should be ashamed of themselves..

If they would have showed little bit urgency, we would have won the game against SEA and would be 5th seed...

That was our best chance and we wasted the golden oppurtunity...

i am telling you right now....SD will play harder than us knowing they can eliminate us by winning..
    that is how teams should play..

Show me on the field and play with passion..

Be accoutable to the fans and don't say that we tried blah..blah...