Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Alex Smith

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    2,559

    Alex Smith

    Anyone else thoroughly impressedwith the second half this guy had in last night's game?

    BTW, Frank Gore is #1 in the league for rushing yards.
    Go Huskers.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,192
    I am impressed with the progress he has made since last year. He still has a ways to go though.

    Frank Gore is a beast. I really hope he can stay healthy, I love watching him play.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    107
    That 4th QTR was very impressive by Alex Smith and the 49ers. Norv Turner is a great coordinator to have for a young QB.

    One thing also, as far as I know (I could be wrong but I don't think so) Alex Smith is younger than Cutler, Leinart and Vince Young. So although he has played in a few more games than the other youngsters, he is still younger than them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by nebs
    That 4th QTR was very impressive by Alex Smith and the 49ers. Norv Turner is a great coordinator to have for a young QB.

    One thing also, as far as I know (I could be wrong but I don't think so) Alex Smith is younger than Cutler, Leinart and Vince Young. So although he has played in a few more games than the other youngsters, he is still younger than them.
    By a few games, you mean about two more seasons?
    Go Huskers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,097
    If Alex didn't come out 2 years ago, I honestly believe he would've been a Bronco instead of Cutler.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick7
    By a few games, you mean about two more seasons?
    Uhh no? Alex was a rookie at this time last year. He played about half of last season and was injured for a chunk of it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by LbloodOjunkieG
    I am impressed with the progress he has made since last year. He still has a ways to go though.

    Frank Gore is a beast. I really hope he can stay healthy, I love watching him play.

    I agree with all of that.
    [IMG]http://denrick.eqwolf.com/GOREtac.jpg[/IMG]
    [B]Tracker[/B] - Bleeding Red and Gold till the day I die.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick7
    Anyone else thoroughly impressedwith the second half this guy had in last night's game?

    BTW, Frank Gore is #1 in the league for rushing yards.
    Yeah, #1 in the league in yards after having played one more game than any other runningback. That is going to change on Sunday. Both LT and LJ will pass him up again.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    Yeah, #1 in the league in yards after having played one more game than any other runningback. That is going to change on Sunday. Both LT and LJ will pass him up again.
    Well that definitely takes the shine off.............

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    107
    Either way you look at it, the 49ers are a team in building mode. And from the looks of it it's not Cleveland Brown or Detroit Lion building mode.

    They have something like 9 picks in the first 4 rounds of next years draft and have the MOST cap money of any team to spend. Although a lot of teams have money to spend as well.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    Yeah, #1 in the league in yards after having played one more game than any other runningback. That is going to change on Sunday. Both LT and LJ will pass him up again.

    oh, well excuse me.


    I guess he's basically worth nothing now, right?

    silly me...
    Go Huskers.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by nebs
    Uhh no? Alex was a rookie at this time last year. He played about half of last season and was injured for a chunk of it.

    Cutler has started two games, Alex Smith was the the starter all of last season, except for the games he was injured in. Not to mention, all of this year.

    C'mon, you're a Bronco fan too, what's you're point?
    Go Huskers.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick7
    Cutler has started two games, Alex Smith was the the starter all of last season, except for the games he was injured in. Not to mention, all of this year.

    C'mon, you're a Bronco fan too, what's you're point?
    He's saying Alex Smith COULDN'T have played 2 more seasons than Cutler.

    Seeing as he hasn't been in the NFL for 2 seasons yet....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    He's saying Alex Smith COULDN'T have played 2 more seasons than Cutler.

    Seeing as he hasn't been in the NFL for 2 seasons yet....
    I said, ''ABOUT'' two seasons.

    I wasn't trying to be mean, but it seemed like he was tryign to make a point that he's on the same level (experience-wise) and just performing better.

    Considering he's a Bronco fan, I found that strange.
    Go Huskers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick7
    Cutler has started two games, Alex Smith was the the starter all of last season, except for the games he was injured in. Not to mention, all of this year.

    C'mon, you're a Bronco fan too, what's you're point?
    Actually, Alex Smith didn't even start until week 5 last year. Plus, he got injured in the 6th game of the season, I don't remember if he finished out that game where he got injured though. He missed 5 games after the game he was injured in.

    Anyway, I'm a fan of Alex and think he has improved a lot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he is younger than Leinart, Young, and Cutler. In addition, this is his first year in the system he is in. Last year the OC was McCarthy, which was a different scheme than Norv Turner's.

    As for Gore, he is great.

    Frank Gore, you heard it first
    Last edited by SF49erFaithful; 12-15-2006 at 11:48 PM.
    [IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/PsychoZombie_Studios/49erSigs/49erfaithful.gif[/IMG]
    Sig by PsychoZombie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •